What's new

Better Call Saul - Season 4 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Figured it's about time for the new thread, what with the season premiere dropping on August 6th:

And the first reviews of the upcoming batch of episodes are starting to roll in...and they're glowing:

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/better-call-saul-season-4-review-breaking-bad-better-1201986950/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/23/better-call-saul-smoke-review

It almost feels like this show last aired 2-3 years ago. The last episode aired in June 2017, but I could have sworn it was late 2016. That's a total compliment for how damn fast each season just seems to fly past. Rewatched Season 3 on Blu-Ray over the course of this past weekend. It's insane that McKean wasn't even nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Emmy-award.

Man, am I looking forward to this. BCS is still a show that I stop what I'm doing and sit down and watch when it airs. I now have very few of those.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
You just delivered some great news!!! Thanks. I too feel this show is something special. Breaking Bad was revolutionary in it's way but I feel BCS is a better overall product. Bob Odenkirk is an amazing [and underappreciated] talent.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
It's being reported that this season's main heavy is a "new" character, but one who was also referenced back on Breaking Bad:

In Breaking Bad episode 2x08, Saul yells, "Lalo didn't send you?? No Lalo? Oh, thank God! Oh, Christ!!" to Walt and Jesse, in the same scene where he also mentions "Ignacio."

He's played by Tony Dalton in the new season...plus a preview-pic from that article:

IMG_0288.jpg

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I was just thinking earlier today that August 6th is nearing. My wife and I just rewatched the three seasons in early June. The final episode of season three was even more tragic knowing the end. I didn't realize McKean didn't get any nomination. He should have won hands down.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
While I'm absolutely overjoyed that we're about to finally get DINGDINGDING!Hector back in our lives, I'm definitely gonna miss Mark Margolis's performance as WalkingTalking!Hector, too:

Da boss can sock meeeeeee

Where's Papi? Theeeeeeeere's Papi!

SALAMANCA MONEY! SALAMANCA BLOOD!!

FIFDEE TAOSAND...AN DA GOON...EES...YOURS...

HEE GOT YOUR GOON AND DAZ OW HEEZ PRINTZ GOAT ON EET

ees yor gon

Last edited:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The final episode of season three was even more tragic knowing the end. I didn't realize McKean didn't get any nomination. He should have won hands down.

We don’t know.....

if Chuck is dead or not.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Word on the street is BCS has been renewed for a season 5! I remember season 4 didn't get the official renewal until after season 3 finished airing. Hopefully this means it won't be another 14-month wait this time. It's been brutal.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
He recently confirmed Chuck will return in some flashbacks.

https://www.avclub.com/vince-gilligan-says-better-call-saul-gets-darker-this-1822418789

Also, AMC must be happy with the upcoming 4th season because they've already renewed it for a 5th.

And I don't know if this qualifies as a spoiler because it was also reported by Gilligan in EW a couple weeks ago, but we will get some more glimpses of future Saul on the run after Cinnabon. (I believe he intended that technically as a 'tease,' not a spoiler.)

Last edited:

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
Chuck is dead. Gilligan confirmed that at he Comic Con panel and in EW a few weeks ago and probably at the end of the last season.
I was not aware
I didn't want to violate spoiler space, but the situation was discussed at ComiCon and AMC has released promos and a short 'behind the scenes' that makes the situation explicit and certain.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I believe they also made explicit confirmation on the after show "Talking Saul" that followed the season three finale. Speaking of which, is there going to be a "Talking Saul" after the premier and finale this year? They've been doing it for both season two and three (after just the premiers and finales), but with the Hardwick stuff only JUST cleared up I'm wondering on the status of it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I believe they also made explicit confirmation on the after show "Talking Saul" that followed the season three finale. Speaking of which, is there going to be a "Talking Saul" after the premier and finale this year? They've been doing it for both season two and three (after just the premiers and finales), but with the Hardwick stuff only JUST cleared up I'm wondering on the status of it.
AMC is premiering a new show called Lodge 49 right after the BCS season premiere so there's no Talking Saul. Maybe Hardwicke's issues played a part in that but I would think that AMC wants their new show to have as big of a lead-in as possible so they want it to run right after BCS and not after a talk show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks