What's new

Fear the Walking Dead Season 5 (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
You talk about a dead genre! Why is it that sci-fi shows always seem to want to set shows in the old west? (These are the episodes of all Star Trek shows I slip) This is definitely when I’d stop watching.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
You talk about a dead genre! Why is it that sci-fi shows always seem to want to set shows in the old west? (These are the episodes of all Star Trek shows I slip) This is definitely when I’d stop watching.
Any genre can be good or bad, depending on the work in question. I don't see why you're so rigidly against Westerns as a whole.

Given that the zombie apocalypse has taken out most of the infrastructure that developed after the Old West period, it only makes sense that society would revert to how it was before the roll out of the electrical grid.

As for why "Star Trek" had episodes set in the Old West: The networks were making a lot of Westerns at the time, so there were lots of Old West sets in the greater Los Angeles area that "Trek" could film at cheaply.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I totally understand why Star Trek did what it did. I think I was over-exposed to westerns as a child. They were on TV morning noon and night and my father watched them all. I didn’t want to see yet another western when I tuned in my favourite sci-fi.

I now find that as a Canadian, they do not speak to me as they probably do to many below the border. We did not have a “Wild West”. Along with the settlers came the RCMP. I think they are similar to movies like “Mr. Smith Goes To Washington” or “Forest Gump” that do not travel as well to other countries.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Has anyone found a date for the Blu ray release of FTWD season 5 in North America? All I can find so far is a date for the German release.

This happened with season 4 as well, which was also released much earlier in Europe. I was concerned and almost bought from Britain, but it was released here a couple of months later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks