Availability of these DVDs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Jones, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Auditioning

Can anyone give release dates or information about these movies on DVD. Thanks.
    Bladerunner (new release). I know its already out since ages but I have read that they are working on a new transfer. I have seen the current Bladerunner DVD and was very disappointed by its quality. Any information on a release date.
    A.I. Artificial Intelligence. Guessing that it won't be long?
    Once upon a time in the west. There's an italian version out there, but is Paramount still trying to get hold of permission to make a new DVD? No idea as to the quality of the italian version, but I want an english version anyway. I can't believe they haven't sorted it out on DVD, for me, this is next to perfect cinema.
    Koyaanisqatsi. Might actually look good with a clear image and in wide-screen.

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Hey, Andrew! Welcome to the Forum! Despite the fact that you play outfield for the evil Atlanta Braves, you're certainly welcome here.
    As far as I can glean from the various websites and the lovely freaks here at HTF, here's the status for your requested titles:
    Blade Runner SE - http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum15/HTML/028636.html

3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Auditioning

Thanks for the info.
    I'd really hate a long wait for OUATITW! Ah well.
    I've been looking up about Koyaanisqatsi, and apparently you can get a great DVD of it ... for $180! The money goes to help with legal problems concerning its proper release.
    http://koyaanisqatsi.org/howyoucanhelp/help_IRE.htm

4. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

Koyaanisqatsi is $180 but $155 of it is Tax Deductible as they are a recognized 501c3 charity.

5. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Second Unit

Scott Shanks
    That would bring the price after the tax deduction to about $125. That's less than some laserdiscs.
    P.S. The Braves' Jones spells his first name "Andruw".
    ------------------

6. Sarah S

Sarah S Second Unit

Scott, my trusty calculator tells me that the actual price after the tax-deductible amount would actually be $25.
    Just being picky.... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "A day job...in an office? My worst nightmare!"-Tick