What's new

British TV thrillers: Traffik & State Of Play DVD picture quality? (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I've watched the US DVDs of Traffik & State Of Play (British TV series) from Netflix a couple of times. Neither series is available to stream & Netflix is no more, so it's time to buy before the DVDs go OOP. Has anyone compared the US & UK DVDs for picture quality & can comment? Thanks in advance!
P.S. Traffik has no Blu-ray & the State Of Play Blu-ray is an SD upscale.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
PAL has slightly higher resolution than NTSC (576i vs 480i) so the R2 disc is going to look a little better. That being said, Traffik was made on 16mm and suffers any and all problems resulting from a late-80s early-90s telecine to 1" videotape transfer.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
PAL has slightly higher resolution than NTSC (576i vs 480i) so the R2 disc is going to look a little better. That being said, Traffik was made on 16mm and suffers any and all problems resulting from a late-80s early-90s telecine to 1" videotape transfer.
Thanks, 16mm can look OK. A bigger problem (for me) is the lack of Closed Captions (or subtitle options). I suppose the chance of Blu-rays is slim to none, pity.
P.S. I found a review of the remastered Traffik DVD. It offers no improvement in resolution & there's noticable boosting compared with the original DVD.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Correction: State Of Play & Traffik 20th Anniv remaster DVDs have subtitles. The Traffik remaster is US only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks