What's new

Are SVS subs THAT good? (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jordon:

With that kind of money I would definitely give Tom or Ron a call and tell them what you are interested in. They may even tell you to go with the Genelec setup.

An IB is a great idea too. I know several people that have gone from a stand along set up to the IB and have never looked back.

Parker

Bepaof8

Agent
Real Name
Pete
Received my PB12-NSD/2 yesterday, plugged it in and began rewatching "War of the Worlds" (which I've seen at least 10 times - great popcorn movie IMHO). It was like a whole new experience! In Chapter 5 - the "awakening" of the buried war machine, I got a big smile on my face along with many declarations of words like: "cool"! The same with Chapter 7, and with Chapter 1 of "U-571". I heard and felt bass like never before! I'm sure those who already own a SVS Subwoofer will understand what I mean...

(my unit replaced twin 10" Energy subwoofers, which I always thought had pretty good bass. The SVS is in a whole different class.)

Many thanks to all you guys who recommended SVS. You were right!
Pete

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
SVS PC12 Ultra Plus or Paradigm Servo-15(v2). Which one is the better off the two or are they both on the same level.

stephenPA

Auditioning
Real Name
Stephen Partridge
Well guys I received my pb12+/2. I had a long day at work and didn't have time to really calibrate or do to much testing.

First off this thing is big. You really can't know how big this thing is until you get it in your home. I had a big smile on my face when I got it out of the box. When I first saw the ports on this thing I let out a "Holy #$%#", you could put your arm down that port.

Like I said I really haven't had time to sit down and do a true calibration, except a quick setup.

I have a M&K 150 5.1 system with a M&K 350 sub. I just plugged the svs into the second sub input on my Anthem 20

My daughter was asleep, so I couldn't do any reference level demo stuff. But having spent way too many hours listening to my old setup I know exactly what it sounds like.

So I threw in a demo dvd that had the launch of Apollo 13. I immediately noticed alot more power in the bass department. It wasn't overwhelming but it sounded great.

I demoed a few other favorites and so far found that the SVS has brought the punch I was looking for. I really couldn't open her up but noticed the svs was bringing alot more punch to the scenes even at moderate levels

I am excited because the pb12+/2 is not even setup properly and I am already noticing the improvement I was looking for.

I have four days off this next week and will be playing with the setup to see what I can get from it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Are there other good subs out there? Yes there are a number of good subs out there and SVS has earned there reputation. SVS is known for very good quality subs, great performance for the dollar and a very good warranty and what they call there bill of rights.

https://www.svsound.com/pages/bill-of-rights
Dave, the last post in this thread was almost 14 years old.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave, the last post in this thread was almost 14 years old.

Yeah. But there's no harm in continuing the discussion.

I've had my budget-line PB-1000 for years now. Would I like to upgrade someday? Sure. But I am still thrilled to be the owner of an SVS subwoofer. And it really represents!

It's hard for me to believe it's eight years old as 2012 was the year that I got the sub and the golden retriever (Brooks) in this image:

full

I love ANY excuse to look at that picture and reposting it! :D

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh: Great picture. The Lab looks like he is not amused and the other one on the box is showing who the boss is.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My fault for not paying attention to the date :(

A lot of stress over what is going on and coming home tired and distracted doesn't help.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh: Great picture. The Lab looks like he is not amused and the other one on the box is showing who the boss is.

Kelly was the little cocker mix on top of the box and you called it, Edwin: she ran the roost no matter which other dog we had in the house during her time with us. And, she was a real little princess, too. All the big boys bowed down to her! :D

Foxman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ
I was on page 2 before I noticed the date. Awesome.

The SVS is worth it still though... just saying that I am digging my dual SB3000's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks