1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

Thanks David. I wait until they it Amazon before I put up the preorders. I haven't done my early morning scan of Amazon yet to see what's new. I'll keep those titles in mind...

2. David Norman

David Norman Producer

I figured you were asleep to be honest plus possibly waiting on the official Press Releases. I know a lot of folks have been impatiently waiting on this final batch

Mainly just wanted to get a confirmed DATE posted since I think most people were guessing Oct or early Nov

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Similar to Ron, I've been waiting on a press release, but decided to add them anyway to the Pre-Order Listing.

4. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Appears that one of the reseller sites which has been pretty reliable in the past has pre-announced another wave of Disney 4K title for November and a number of them have re-release BD in the 9/10 wave. No details and I'd consider this unconfirmed rumor, but in general I haven't found this site to be a fantasy wishlist site.

Approx release date would likely be November 5 which is the DMC November FT cycle
    Big Hero 6 UPC 786936866759
    Moana UPC 786936866797
    Princess and the Frog UPC 786936866834
    Tangled UPC 786936866872
    Zootopia UPC 786936866919

holtge likes this.
  5. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    If anyone's interesting, got an e-mail from the DMC about a Cars flash sale:

Versions of the all the movies, plus Mater's Tall Tales, are $5 off through September 9. This includes the upcoming Cars and Cars 2 on 4k. The 4k's come up at $29.95 in cart (normally $34.95). That's a standard price...and then add any applicable member offer on top of that. I can get both for either $41.xx or 44.xx plus tax.

(Interestingly, the other 4k titles coming the same day as Cars and Cars 2 are not on the site yet.)

6. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    I've got something like 35 of the 57 animated movies, and now that I've moved into a bigger house where space isn't as much of a concern, I've decided to go ahead and shoot for a full collection. I prefer to have blu-ray and digital. So far, the only movie I have on blu-ray that I don't have on digital is Saludos Amigos. (Honestly, not in a hurry to get that unless they have a super awesome sale again.)

Not currently available:
    Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, Black Cauldron, Make Mine Music, and Melody Time.

Waiting for enrollment eligible Signature Editions:
    Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and 101 Dalmatians
    (I believe Cinderella might already be enrollment eligible, and I'll get that in my next membership.)

Current enrollment options:
    Robin Hood, Bolt, Princess and the Frog.

Available without digital copies:
    Dinosaur, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Winnie-the-Pooh
    Should I go ahead and start getting the blu-rays for those and worry about getting digital separately? I don't see Disney bothering to rerelease many of those any time soon.

That leaves four movies:
    -Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad: has a digital version available, but also a non-digital version bundled with Fun and Fancy Free
    -Fun and Fancy Free: bundled with Ichabod/Toad but no digital.
    -Aristocats: digital code is exclusive but not enrollment eligible
    -Fox and the Hound: three versions available (blu/DVD, blu/DVD/digital, blu/digital), but not sure which one is enrollment eligible.

I think I might use my last commitment option on the current membership for Aristocats, seeing as how the price dropped to $19.95.

7. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Cinderella is enrollment eligible. Of course 101 Dalmatian and Sleeping Beauty Signatures should be available as commitments immediately so it sounds like you could do a full enrollment with items you already have and have the commitment available immediately - you'll be back to VIP almost immediately

The Aristocats Exclusive with Digital at 19.95 is an excellent choice for a commitment -- not available elsewhere and minimum price. I'm not sure if the 19.95 will carry over to the next cycle which starts Tuesday (9/10) so I;d order it ASAP if that's one you really want just in case it jumps back to full price.

The Fox and Hound 2 pack with digital is the eligible item. The older BD+ DVD is not and the newer Exclusive BD/DVD/Dig is not.

Chip_HT likes this.
  8. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    Get this one. It includes the full length feature The Reluctant Dragon in HD which is worth the price of admission alone.

ahollis, Rodney and B-ROLL like this.
  9. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Yes.

holtge and Josh Steinberg like this.
  10. Message #790 of 792 Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    David Norman

David Norman Producer

New Featured Title cycle just started and a ton of new releases were added as expected, but hit or miss on some of the Preorders
    Better news -- the official VIP discount offer is B1g60% OFF

Frozen and the Oct 1 Marvel 4K are listed for preorder

Sept 24 Maleficent 4K plus the 2 new Signature are not -- yet.
    The expected Star Wars releases are not included yet

Some of the expected 9/10 titles like Santa Clause re-release with Digital, Wreck It ralph/Tangled/Princess and the Frog are not listed
    Apparently Best Buy and a number of other sites that were supposed to get The Santa Clause have not received theirs yet and have eitehr listed it unavailable, sold out, or delayed. None of the preorders were shipped so my guess is it's been delayed. Not sure if they changed the release date or if all the new Release overwhelmed the replication plant or distribution center and they rescheduled it.

Also appears there is a new BEST promo code with there same T&C as the 61749 and 55218 codes.
    Essentially 5 for $1 with 3 required purchases in 2 years or better if you select at least one Bonus Title upfront 6 for $13 or 7 for $22 from the enrollment eligible titles with 2 Required Purchases 19.95+ over 24 months.

All promotional codes add permanent Free Shipping to your account
    61749 -- adds a Coco Blanket
    55218 -- adds a Jack Jack Blanket
    66106 -- adds a Woody Blanket

holtge likes this.
  11. David Norman

David Norman Producer

FWIW category -- it appears DMC enrollment site updated some of the new items, but either intentionally or not put THE BLACK HOLE and GEORGE of the JUNGLE into the eligible pile barely 30 days after release. I don't know if they might remove the items once they realize, but if some folks were waiting to sign up with one or two of those and don't mind a bit of uncertainly with TBH status, it might not be a bad time to consider.

12. David Norman

David Norman Producer

If there are folks that would like the best overall deal, but no use/need/desire for a blanket

55055 or 55059 gives the same overall terms, but no extra blanket