What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Not really sure where to post this, but I suspect Ron or Robert will have individual threads up soon

Oct 1 is the next big Marvel 4K Date

Preorders on BBY for 4K and 4K Steelbooks are up for
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Guardians and the Galaxy

Thanks David. I wait until they it Amazon before I put up the preorders. I haven't done my early morning scan of Amazon yet to see what's new. I'll keep those titles in mind...

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Thanks David. I wait until they it Amazon before I put up the preorders. I haven't done my early morning scan of Amazon yet to see what's new. I'll keep those titles in mind...

I figured you were asleep to be honest plus possibly waiting on the official Press Releases. I know a lot of folks have been impatiently waiting on this final batch

Mainly just wanted to get a confirmed DATE posted since I think most people were guessing Oct or early Nov

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not really sure where to post this, but I suspect Ron or Robert will have individual threads up soon

Oct 1 is the next big Marvel 4K Date

Preorders on BBY for 4K and 4K Steelbooks are up for
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Guardians and the Galaxy
Similar to Ron, I've been waiting on a press release, but decided to add them anyway to the Pre-Order Listing.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Appears that one of the reseller sites which has been pretty reliable in the past has pre-announced another wave of Disney 4K title for November and a number of them have re-release BD in the 9/10 wave. No details and I'd consider this unconfirmed rumor, but in general I haven't found this site to be a fantasy wishlist site.

Approx release date would likely be November 5 which is the DMC November FT cycle
Big Hero 6 UPC 786936866759
Moana UPC 786936866797
Princess and the Frog UPC 786936866834
Tangled UPC 786936866872
Zootopia UPC 786936866919

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If anyone's interesting, got an e-mail from the DMC about a Cars flash sale:

Versions of the all the movies, plus Mater's Tall Tales, are $5 off through September 9. This includes the upcoming Cars and Cars 2 on 4k. The 4k's come up at $29.95 in cart (normally $34.95). That's a standard price...and then add any applicable member offer on top of that. I can get both for either $41.xx or 44.xx plus tax.

(Interestingly, the other 4k titles coming the same day as Cars and Cars 2 are not on the site yet.)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I've got something like 35 of the 57 animated movies, and now that I've moved into a bigger house where space isn't as much of a concern, I've decided to go ahead and shoot for a full collection. I prefer to have blu-ray and digital. So far, the only movie I have on blu-ray that I don't have on digital is Saludos Amigos. (Honestly, not in a hurry to get that unless they have a super awesome sale again.)

Not currently available:
Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, Black Cauldron, Make Mine Music, and Melody Time.

Waiting for enrollment eligible Signature Editions:
Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and 101 Dalmatians
(I believe Cinderella might already be enrollment eligible, and I'll get that in my next membership.)

Current enrollment options:
Robin Hood, Bolt, Princess and the Frog.

Available without digital copies:
Dinosaur, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Winnie-the-Pooh
Should I go ahead and start getting the blu-rays for those and worry about getting digital separately? I don't see Disney bothering to rerelease many of those any time soon.

That leaves four movies:
-Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad: has a digital version available, but also a non-digital version bundled with Fun and Fancy Free
-Fun and Fancy Free: bundled with Ichabod/Toad but no digital.
-Aristocats: digital code is exclusive but not enrollment eligible
-Fox and the Hound: three versions available (blu/DVD, blu/DVD/digital, blu/digital), but not sure which one is enrollment eligible.

I think I might use my last commitment option on the current membership for Aristocats, seeing as how the price dropped to $19.95.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I've got something like 35 of the 57 animated movies, and now that I've moved into a bigger house where space isn't as much of a concern, I've decided to go ahead and shoot for a full collection. I prefer to have blu-ray and digital. So far, the only movie I have on blu-ray that I don't have on digital is Saludos Amigos. (Honestly, not in a hurry to get that unless they have a super awesome sale again.)

Not currently available:
Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, Black Cauldron, Make Mine Music, and Melody Time.

Waiting for enrollment eligible Signature Editions:
Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and 101 Dalmatians
(I believe Cinderella might already be enrollment eligible, and I'll get that in my next membership.)

Current enrollment options:
Robin Hood, Bolt, Princess and the Frog.

Available without digital copies:
Dinosaur, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Winnie-the-Pooh
Should I go ahead and start getting the blu-rays for those and worry about getting digital separately? I don't see Disney bothering to rerelease many of those any time soon.

That leaves four movies:
-Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad: has a digital version available, but also a non-digital version bundled with Fun and Fancy Free
-Fun and Fancy Free: bundled with Ichabod/Toad but no digital.
-Aristocats: digital code is exclusive but not enrollment eligible
-Fox and the Hound: three versions available (blu/DVD, blu/DVD/digital, blu/digital), but not sure which one is enrollment eligible.

I think I might use my last commitment option on the current membership for Aristocats, seeing as how the price dropped to $19.95.

Cinderella is enrollment eligible. Of course 101 Dalmatian and Sleeping Beauty Signatures should be available as commitments immediately so it sounds like you could do a full enrollment with items you already have and have the commitment available immediately - you'll be back to VIP almost immediately

The Aristocats Exclusive with Digital at 19.95 is an excellent choice for a commitment -- not available elsewhere and minimum price. I'm not sure if the 19.95 will carry over to the next cycle which starts Tuesday (9/10) so I;d order it ASAP if that's one you really want just in case it jumps back to full price.

The Fox and Hound 2 pack with digital is the eligible item. The older BD+ DVD is not and the newer Exclusive BD/DVD/Dig is not.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
New Featured Title cycle just started and a ton of new releases were added as expected, but hit or miss on some of the Preorders
Better news -- the official VIP discount offer is B1g60% OFF

Frozen and the Oct 1 Marvel 4K are listed for preorder

Sept 24 Maleficent 4K plus the 2 new Signature are not -- yet.
The expected Star Wars releases are not included yet

Some of the expected 9/10 titles like Santa Clause re-release with Digital, Wreck It ralph/Tangled/Princess and the Frog are not listed
Apparently Best Buy and a number of other sites that were supposed to get The Santa Clause have not received theirs yet and have eitehr listed it unavailable, sold out, or delayed. None of the preorders were shipped so my guess is it's been delayed. Not sure if they changed the release date or if all the new Release overwhelmed the replication plant or distribution center and they rescheduled it.

Also appears there is a new BEST promo code with there same T&C as the 61749 and 55218 codes.
Essentially 5 for $1 with 3 required purchases in 2 years or better if you select at least one Bonus Title upfront 6 for $13 or 7 for $22 from the enrollment eligible titles with 2 Required Purchases 19.95+ over 24 months.

All promotional codes add permanent Free Shipping to your account
61749 -- adds a Coco Blanket
55218 -- adds a Jack Jack Blanket
66106 -- adds a Woody Blanket

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
FWIW category -- it appears DMC enrollment site updated some of the new items, but either intentionally or not put THE BLACK HOLE and GEORGE of the JUNGLE into the eligible pile barely 30 days after release. I don't know if they might remove the items once they realize, but if some folks were waiting to sign up with one or two of those and don't mind a bit of uncertainly with TBH status, it might not be a bad time to consider.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Also appears there is a new BEST promo code with there same T&C as the 61749 and 55218 codes.
Essentially 5 for $1 with 3 required purchases in 2 years or better if you select at least one Bonus Title upfront 6 for $13 or 7 for $22 from the enrollment eligible titles with 2 Required Purchases 19.95+ over 24 months.

All promotional codes add permanent Free Shipping to your account
61749 -- adds a Coco Blanket
55218 -- adds a Jack Jack Blanket
66106 -- adds a Woody Blanket

If there are folks that would like the best overall deal, but no use/need/desire for a blanket

55055 or 55059 gives the same overall terms, but no extra blanket

Replace1234

Agent
Real Name
Nicky Aiuto
When anyone sends a message and asks disney movie club for a future DVD release that hasn't been released yet, they would reply, "I will forward your comment to our Marketing Team." Does that mean or hint that they might release what you requested on dvd soon? Please respond.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
When anyone sends a message and asks disney movie club for a future DVD release that hasn't been released yet, they would reply, "I will forward your comment to our Marketing Team." Does that mean or hint that they might release what you requested on dvd soon? Please respond.

I wouldn't read much into it. That's just the standard boilerplate response. Believe me, I've had that response many times when requesting "The Happiest Millionaire."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I wouldn't read much into it. That's just the standard boilerplate response. Believe me, I've had that response many times when requesting "The Happiest Millionaire."

I agree. That's a boilerplate response.

Disney has plenty of data on what will probably sell and what will not. Though, in saying that, I have been quite surprised by some of their choice releases in the past. So, you never know what they will decide to release...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
In the tape and laserdisc days, and even in the early years of DVD, they used to give fewer stock responses.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
FYI, latest Bonus movie selection:

Dumbo 2019
Cinderella 2/3
Capt Marvel
Lion King 1994
Little Mermaid
Moana
Lady and the Tramp
Frozen
Monsters, Inc
Bambi
Beauty and the Beast
Toy Story
Avengers: Infinity War
Peter Pan
Snow White
Black Panther
Finding Nemo
Tangled
Av: Age of Ultron
Toy Story 2
Ralph Breaks Internet
Brave
Coco
Up
Pinocchio
Aristocats
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers
GOTG 2
Incredibles 2
Zootopia
Pocahontas/Pocahontas 2
Princess and the Frog
Wall-E
Ratatouille
Finding Dory
Inside Out
Toy Story 3
Oliver and Co.
Cap Am: Civil War
Mary Poppins Returns
Alice in Wonderland (animated)
Good Dinosaur
Captain America
Thor Ragnarok
Big Hero 6
Little Mermaid 2/3

Replace1234

Agent
Real Name
Nicky Aiuto
FYI, latest Bonus movie selection:

Dumbo 2019
Cinderella 2/3
Capt Marvel
Lion King 1994
Little Mermaid
Moana
Lady and the Tramp
Frozen
Monsters, Inc
Bambi
Beauty and the Beast
Toy Story
Avengers: Infinity War
Peter Pan
Snow White
Black Panther
Finding Nemo
Tangled
Av: Age of Ultron
Toy Story 2
Ralph Breaks Internet
Brave
Coco
Up
Pinocchio
Aristocats
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers
GOTG 2
Incredibles 2
Zootopia
Pocahontas/Pocahontas 2
Princess and the Frog
Wall-E
Ratatouille
Finding Dory
Inside Out
Toy Story 3
Oliver and Co.
Cap Am: Civil War
Mary Poppins Returns
Alice in Wonderland (animated)
Good Dinosaur
Captain America
Thor Ragnarok
Big Hero 6
Little Mermaid 2/3
I don't follow. Could I have a little more specific details of this list of yours please?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks