1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Good deal! I'd love to take credit for figuring out Free Shipping, but a lot of people did the leg work in this thread. All I did was report back it worked for me. Kudos should go to everyone else.

2. MarkA

MarkA Second Unit

Thanks everyone for the heads up on free shipping. I just called and had it added to my account!

Mike2001 likes this.
  3. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Just is case anyone was waiting -- A Goofy Movie and An Extremely Goofy Movie are now eligible for the initial enrollment selections

4. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    I decided to delay the next enrollment and take advantage of B1G60%.

Willow was my full priced title at $24.95 (since it's not going to be enrollment eligible.) Two $19.95 titles down to $7.98: Iron Man animated DVD set and Olaf's Frozen Adventure. Then added the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, since the 60% price was $5.18 and I already had the digital copy. It helps with the average price. Plus a free Infinity Gauntlet pin and Little Mermaid tote (for ordering 3 or more titles).

Average price for the order was $11.52. Average for the whole membership is $9.50. Lifetime average (including movies redeemed via DMR) is $8.36.

benbess likes this.
  5. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    My offer still shows as 50% off only and not 60%, but I’ll have a good sized order ready for the next time they give me a 60% off deal.

6. David Norman

David Norman Producer

I think Chip signed up recently and probably still has/had the Bonus B1G60 offer left

The monthly VIP offer is B1G50%

I'm still expecting a 60% offer either July 16 or Aug 13.
    They rarely have 60% off with the TV sales (May and Sept) or Dec so that leaves one for Summer and one for the Oct/Fall Bonus//Nov cycles and Nov is pretty common

Josh Steinberg likes this.
  7. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    Next B1G50 offer that I'll do is when I can get the next wave of MCU films on UHD (Endgame, Iron Man 1-3, Thor 1-2), and I'll grab 20,000 Leagues at the same time.

8. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Assuming you aren't a VIP now or you'd have the 50% this month?

My advice esp if you only have a single commitment left is to buy the cheapest 19.95+ item to fulfill and within a week you should have a B1G60% special offer in you account, plus possible be eligible for the next monthly B1G60% offer which possibly might be Aug 10

9. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    I've made all my commitments. I'll just see what comes up in August. :)

10. Message #770 of 792 Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    benbess

benbess Producer

Ben
    So I've fulfilled my commitment, and can get 60% off additional blu-rays this month + get a free kinda cool/creepy looking Ursula pin (I'm not sure if my wife would like that or not—I'd better check!).

Since we just got a new 65" UHD 4K TV I'm more interested in getting UHD blu-rays than in the past. For instance, I got the 4K for the new Dumbo, although the price was kinda steep at $29.95, but actually I really liked that movie. But that's $10 more than the 4K disc is now going for at amzn. But by buying that I was able to get 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (which as we know is not available elsewhere) at a good discount, and so it balances out somewhat. Plus I had all those almost free blu-rays at the start. Not quite sure what to do with the "free" exclusive Dumbo Lithograph that I got, along with the similar art work from a couple of other Disney movies. They are kinda nice, actually.

Also because of all the codes for the separate Disney Movie Rewards program I "earned" a free blu-ray of the new live-action/cgi version of The Jungle Book that's supposed to be mailed out in the next couple of weeks.

11. shonmurphy2004

shonmurphy2004 Auditioning

Shon Murphy
    Im new to the site, just joined and just became a VIP member of DMC. Wanted to thank everyone on the info here and allowed me to get the free shipping for life perk. The lady made me say I was going to cancel for her to give me that offer but that's easy enough.

Since I just signed up 2 weeks ago and made all the commitments a week ago...... maybe thats why I'm still stuck on the 40% off offer I signed up with????

Glad to be a part of the forums

holtge and benbess like this.
  12. benbess

benbess Producer

Ben

Welcome!

Yes, it takes a couple of weeks after you fulfill your commitment to get the 50-60% off. Keep checking at the Disney MC site under "Offers." Once you click on "Offers" you might see a choice of discounts.

13. David Norman

David Norman Producer

You probably won't see the VIP offer on your online account until at least the next cycle -- those offers rarely if ever change in the middle of a cycle and there is a fairly long lag time even within a cycle. I find you really have to be a VIP almost a full cycle before you'll see it automatically show up in your account. Better news if you are a new VIP, you may/should have a special bonus offer in the ALL OFFERS dropdown for a one time use B1G60% off the rest of your order -- that often is added to your account about 7-10 days after becoming a VIP.

The current VIP monthly offer is B1G50% off the rest of your order -- if you are stuck on 40% and really won't to make an order with the 50% you should be able to call or chat and have them do it manually. .

14. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    You forgot "and free shipping" ;)

15. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Well, he did say he now has permanent FS so seemed redundant. B1G60% with FS is a really nice chance to pick up a bunch of items at a nice price.

16. holtge

holtge Screenwriter

Gordon Holt
    Welcome! We're glad to have you! I joined up with these guys a little over a year ago. Have come back almost every day since. Always a fun discussion going on somewhere within this community. Makes it tons of fun to connect and share your stories. In any case, I hope you find us just as welcoming, polite, helpful, and friendly as I found these guys were for me a year ago! And they still can't get rid of me! ;)

17. Message #777 of 792 Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    David Norman

David Norman Producer

THis really doesn't belong here, but I can't seem to find a generic Disney thread -- it appears there may be a huge batch of releases coming in August and September in advance of Disney+ rollout and surrounding D23

Most of these appear to be extracted from various retail or wholesale sites so at best consider these strong rumors

August associated with Engarme BD and UHD release on 8/13/2019
    Iron Man 4K
    Iron Man 2 4K
    Iron Man 3 4K
    Thor 4K
    Thor 2 4K

September
    Aladdin (2019) 4KUHD and BD
    Maleficent UHD

I've seen once site listing September for most of these, another that says ?Nov
    Brave UHD
    Good Dinosaur UHD
    Ratatouille UHD
    Inside Out UHD
    Finding Nemo UHD
    Finding Dory UHD
    Cars UHD
    Cars 2 UHD

Possibly in September
    Tangled BD+Dig
    Princess and the Frog BD+Dig

Sleeping Beauty Signature BD+Dig (?9/24 though 10/8 could be a possible date)
    101 Dalmatians Signature BD+Dig ((?9/24 though 10/8 could be a possible date)

Frozen UHD (?November)

I've also seen some thought that Ant-man, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy V1 UHD could appear as soon as September 24 or more likely Oct 8.

Since a lot of Disney release coincide with DMC Featured Titel cycles the dates 8/13, 9/10 and 10/8, 10/22 (less likely to see big releases at Bonus cycle dates) , and 11/5 are fairly important esp for the re-releases

18. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    I think the plan I've heard was to have all the Marvel films on UHD by the end of the year and to start with mass rollouts of the Pixar films.

We know the August releases are locked in based on information from Disney.

Aladdin (original recipe) is September 10. I'm gonna take a guess and say the 2019 version is coming on the same day, if not a week before or after. There's no official press release yet, IIRC.

Toy Story 4 at the end of September (the 24th, based on what I've read online).

The rest of the Marvel's (Guardians 2, Doctor Strange and Ant-Man) should be on UHD this year.

Maleficent makes sense for UHD to tie in with the new movie. Sleeping Beauty as well, not to mention Frozen in the Fall.

I'm hoping there's a release date panel at D23 this year. I'd try to be first in line for that panel.

It's going to be expensive for people like me.

19. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    Yup. Well, I just became VIP recently. I think this was my longest membership, starting in January, but my last commitment was Captain Marvel.

I just cancelled again, and will be rejoining soon to pre-order Endgame.

20. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Not really sure where to post this, but I suspect Ron or Robert will have individual threads up soon

Oct 1 is the next big Marvel 4K Date

Preorders on BBY for 4K and 4K Steelbooks are up for
    Ant-Man
    Doctor Strange
    Guardians and the Galaxy

holtge likes this.