What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (2 Viewers)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Disney Rewards is for any Disney title which includes those codes no matter where they were purchased....
Thanks. This is very useful. And so I can try to pull all of my Disney company blu-rays down from my shelves purchased over the last ten years and potentially have a significant number of points. Hmmm.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Thanks. This is very useful. And so I can try to pull all of my Disney company blu-rays down from my shelves purchased over the last ten years and potentially have a significant number of points. Hmmm.
I took a look at my redemption history (it's on the site and goes back to when you joined) to see what redemptions are worth.

DVDs earned 100 points each
BRs earned 150 points each
Mickey's Christmas BR double-feature earned 250
I was thinking I had a few lower tier DVDs that earned only 50-75 but didn't see any

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Mostly -- 3D and 4K are 200 points. Some of the Double Features have 2 codes so could give 300.
Separate releases or formats can all be redeemed so you can get points for DVD, BD, 3D, and 4K plus various re-releases like the Avengers slipcover changes, Platinum/Diamond/Signature releases etc. I think most actual Disney BD have points though some of the Adult/Touchstone films don't. I think the program started in around 2006 so those DVDs forward should still be OK, items prior did not have codes (or not the same style code) plus of course many people have long since thrown their code sheets away

The DMR MAgic Codes don't expire, but DMR points in your account are dependent on doing something regularly. A period of 9 or 12 months of inactivity and your points will be automatically deleted -- they usually send you several warnings, but many people send those emails to the trash without opening so are shocked their account has a zero balance since they last used it 3 years ago. The deletion is supposed to be permanent, but if you talke with CSR, it's recent enough, and with a bit of luck they can restore most of the points. You don;t have to buy things or even redeem new Movies, the free points for surveys and 'quizzes' or special points for Birthday/Anniversary, Christmas codes counts as "some activity." The quizzed are silly things, but even if you make a zero (or -200) you get the points for just finishing the quiz -- most of the time I open it and just click the same answer on every question.

The Magic Code is also the same code you'd enter at Movies Anywhere to get the movie and you can link you accts to make it easier. Enter code at DMR, they'll add 150PTs and then prompt you to click "Redeem Movie" and it will take you to MA with the CODE already input on the screen, but you still have to confirm the redemption. For people who sell Digital Codes (or DMR Points), it's quite easy to redeem half and sell the other part.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I only could find 3 that gave me 75 points and one of those was an error

Classic Disney 4-Packs - Don Knotts Movie Collection DVD
Disney WOW World Of Wonder Blu-ray
Handy Manny: Big Race DVD -- this was actually from a different disc, The code included was either the wrong sheet or the computer was programmed with the wrong links,

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I kept looking and found my lone 75 point disc was The Black Cauldron (25th Anniversary edition) DVD.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Interesting that I didn't see that one on my list, but then I realized I have the 2000 Gold Collection release. I'm assuming yours in the 25th Anniversary?
Yes, it is. I don't know if I even knew there'd been 2 releases of that one. I updated my post to indicate the version.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Just for giggles, I checked the shipping status for Captain Marvel, expecting to see the usual limbo status for the next week or so. (I usually get pre-orders on the Monday or Tuesday when they are released.) It's actually at the local USPS distribution center, so if there's no hold order (or they ignore it), I could have it as soon as Monday or Tuesday of this week. Not holding my breath but it would be a nice perk, considering I pre-ordered a combo with a digital copy which is already available.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just for giggles, I checked the shipping status for Captain Marvel, expecting to see the usual limbo status for the next week or so. (I usually get pre-orders on the Monday or Tuesday when they are released.) It's actually at the local USPS distribution center, so if there's no hold order (or they ignore it), I could have it as soon as Monday or Tuesday of this week. Not holding my breath but it would be a nice perk, considering I pre-ordered a combo with a digital copy which is already available.

A bunch of folks have mentioned really early shipping on this item. Hopefully your PO will ignore the usual "don't deliver before xxx date"

I've never gotten preorder before Saturday prerelease and almost all of mine are M/Tues whether they ship 4-6 days prerelease or 14 days. I've tried to get my local PO to release packages early when they;ve sate 3 miles away for a week, but they refuse so maybe your PO is a bit more lax since some people do seem to regularly get theirs delivered the same day it hits their local.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just ordered the 3 Toy Story movies in 4k plus Captain Marvel (4k)...along with the free Olaf pin and Captain Marvel lithograph. Grand total of $93 and change. I wanted to take advantage of the free shipping offer before it expired.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I kept checking the tracking for Captain Marvel all last week, and it would just update each day to say "in transit to next facility". Interestingly enough, I got a special Sunday version of the daily USPS delivery e-mail just to let me know that the package would be arriving Tuesday. It showed up on Monday.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Just ordered the 3 Toy Story movies in 4k plus Captain Marvel (4k)...along with the free Olaf pin and Captain Marvel lithograph. Grand total of $93 and change. I wanted to take advantage of the free shipping offer before it expired.
If you are a VIP member, try calling customer service and see if they’ll add to your account the free shipping always perk that they are offering to new members. It worked for me and some others last month.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I kept checking the tracking for Captain Marvel all last week, and it would just update each day to say "in transit to next facility". Interestingly enough, I got a special Sunday version of the daily USPS delivery e-mail just to let me know that the package would be arriving Tuesday. It showed up on Monday.

DMC new USPS shipping seems to be like Hamilton Books and is some new low cost Media Mail style shipping. This packages seem to be injected directly into shipping so you get the initial -- created/Awaiting Pickup in Menasha WI, but no other interim updates until it hits you local or regional PO. Very frustrating since many are assuming it's just sitting on a counter in WI (or NJ for Hamilton) waiting to be picked up. I forget what the new service is called, but it seems to be very specific for corporate high volume customers.

Despite the weird tracking, the packages seem to arrive pretty consistently and faster than DMC old OSM shipping.

If you are a VIP member, try calling customer service and see if they’ll add to your account the free shipping always perk that they are offering to new members. It worked for me and some others last month.

If you aren't interesting is recycling a full new membership, this seems to be a no lose option.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I am and this it on my list of things "to do," hopefully this week.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
I called the Disney Movie Club this week and asked for the free shipping for life perk. I said that while it had never been offered to me, I had recently heard that it was something they were giving to customers who had met their VIP requirements. After putting me on hold for a couple of minutes, the CSR told me that it was something they were only giving to members who were threatening to cancel their membership. I told her I didn't really want to cancel, but that as a VIP member, I thought it would be nice to have that added to my account. She said, "Well, we don't normally do this, but since you are a VIP member and have been with us for more than a year, we will add that perk to your account." Never hurts to ask!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Talked to a CM at the DMC this morning. She initially indicated free shipping was for new members only, but she put me on hold and double checked. Came back and said I was eligible and it was added to my account. The conversation took less that five minutes.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Talked to a CM at the DMC this morning. She initially indicated free shipping was for new members only, but she put me on hold and double checked. Came back and said I was eligible and it was added to my account. The conversation took less that five minutes.

I'm a VIP member, so I'm going to try this, but you said “CM.” Did you mean a CSR or is a CM something different? Thanks.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul

I just called and after asking that, as a VIP member, if I could get the lifetime free shipping, the rep said yes and that he'd upgrade my membership. No questions asked, no referral to higher powers. Thanks for the hint!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks