What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (2 Viewers)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Best deal to join?

also how can I work this to get the Star Wars films on my initial joining the club??

I have been a member in the past but I am not a current one

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
also how can I work this to get the Star Wars films on my initial joining the club??

You can't. Star Wars films aren't enrollment eligible. However, you can use them for the commitment titles. So get your 5 for $1, and then buy the first commitment for $11.95 (still won't be Star Wars), and then you can get two Star Wars movies to wrap up your commitment.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
You can't. Star Wars films aren't enrollment eligible. However, you can use them for the commitment titles. So get your 5 for $1, and then buy the first commitment for $11.95 (still won't be Star Wars), and then you can get two Star Wars movies to wrap up your commitment.

great! Thank you!!

where is the 5 for $1 offer???

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You can't get any of the Star Wars for initially joining -- none of the Lucasfilm items have ever been available for enrollment picks just like 4K and 3D items.

The best signup deal is pretty much the same as it's been for years with a couple minor changes.
5 items for $1 with 3 required Regular Priced items over 24 months with a minimum price $19.95 (if it's been a long time since you signed up it may have been 29.95 then)
2 Optional Bonus items will be offered at joining
1st item -- 11.95 which counts for 1st Commitment so only 2 more to buy
2nd item -- 8.95 which doesn't count as commitment item

The current best promotional codes also included lifetime Free Shipping not only on initial picks, but all subsequent orders.
A couple of the PROMO CODES I listed on the last page have expired, but I think these are the 3 best active codes:
66106 -- add a Woody/Toy Story Fleece Blanket
71374- add a 101 Dalmatians Blanket (I think it's confirmed this has lifetime FS, but I can't personally confirm)
55055 -- No blanket option, but otherwise the same deal

Check the 1st couple posts in the Master DMC thread at Bluray.com. OP hasn't been updated in a few months so the Promo Codes are out of date, but the Spreadsheet/Googledoc has been updated and expanded recently. This should tell you which items are available at DMC and which are enrollment eligible plus their catalog numbers. The FAQ in post 2 is more UTD and seems to answers the large majority of the basics -- or of course ask specific question here.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

While the overall deal is similar -- the signup process itself is a bit different and can be confusing since the signup site doesn't distinguish BD from DVD up front. It sounds more confusing than it is esp if you have a basic idea of how DMC works. Online Enrollment site allows you to choose your 5 initial items then asks you whether you want BD or DVD, only then does the site tell you if your 5 items are all available in the desired format. It's easier to search by catalog number and it should only pull up the exact item. Only a little more than 2/3 of the eligible BD titles and less than half DVD have thumbnails.

The BONUS picks aren't selected until after you select your 5, add your email/password, billing/shipping and select SUBMIT. They then give you the option to pick up to 2 more items, select yes and you get a selection of around 45 items and 10 minutes. These are pretty good items, but are only a fraction of the items that are actually available if you call or chat to join, or what a lot of people do is join and then call/chat within a couple hrs to add/change out the bonus items manually and get something you;d rather have (about 90% of the online enrollment eligible items seem to be eligible to be selected directly). Personally I find the online signup to be easier than phone signup, but I usually do a chat as soon as I can sign in to get the Bonus items I prefer (if they aren't one of the choices) -- chat is usually open around Noon to 8-9 pm ET M-F so I'd suggest doing signups then rather than late at night or weekend

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
71374- add a 101 Dalmatians Blanket (I think it's confirmed this has lifetime FS, but I can't personally confirm)

I'm pretty sure I used this code on my current membership and I have free shipping. However, I didn't actually get the blanket.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
You can't get any of the Star Wars for initially joining -- none of the Lucasfilm items have ever been available for enrollment picks just like 4K and 3D items.

The best signup deal is pretty much the same as it's been for years with a couple minor changes.
5 items for $1 with 3 required Regular Priced items over 24 months with a minimum price $19.95 (if it's been a long time since you signed up it may have been 29.95 then)
2 Optional Bonus items will be offered at joining
1st item -- 11.95 which counts for 1st Commitment so only 2 more to buy
2nd item -- 8.95 which doesn't count as commitment item

The current best promotional codes also included lifetime Free Shipping not only on initial picks, but all subsequent orders.
A couple of the PROMO CODES I listed on the last page have expired, but I think these are the 3 best active codes:
66106 -- add a Woody/Toy Story Fleece Blanket
55055 -- No blanket option, but otherwise the same deal

Check the 1st couple posts in the Master DMC thread at Bluray.com. OP hasn't been updated in a few months so the Promo Codes are out of date, but the Spreadsheet/Googledoc has been updated and expanded recently. This should tell you which items are available at DMC and which are enrollment eligible plus their catalog numbers. The FAQ in post 2 is more UTD and seems to answers the large majority of the basics -- or of course ask specific question here.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

While the overall deal is similar -- the signup process itself is a bit different and can be confusing since the signup site doesn't distinguish BD from DVD up front. It sounds more confusing than it is esp if you have a basic idea of how DMC works. Online Enrollment site allows you to choose your 5 initial items then asks you whether you want BD or DVD, only then does the site tell you if your 5 items are all available in the desired format. It's easier to search by catalog number and it should only pull up the exact item. Only a little more than 2/3 of the eligible BD titles and less than half DVD have thumbnails.

The BONUS picks aren't selected until after you select your 5, add your email/password, billing/shipping and select SUBMIT. They then give you the option to pick up to 2 more items, select yes and you get a selection of around 45 items and 10 minutes. These are pretty good items, but are only a fraction of the items that are actually available if you call or chat to join, or what a lot of people do is join and then call/chat within a couple hrs to add/change out the bonus items manually and get something you;d rather have (about 90% of the online enrollment eligible items seem to be eligible to be selected directly). Personally I find the online signup to be easier than phone signup, but I usually do a chat as soon as I can sign in to get the Bonus items I prefer (if they aren't one of the choices) -- chat is usually open around Noon to 8-9 pm ET M-F so I'd suggest doing signups then rather than late at night or weekend

I appreciate it!
I will call tomorrow to see what I can work out.

it appears that 4k discs cannot be selected on initial join too? Incredibles or iron man??

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No 4K, No Star Wars, No 3D for the initial 6 or 7 picks

Most every Bluray Marvel, Animated, all the classic Animated, all Pixars, the majority of the exclusives are eligible for enrollment,
Sleeping Beauty just became eligible Tuesday.

The only major release blurays that aren't currently eligible are Maleficant II and Frozen II because they're too recent though Maleficent II Bluray will probably activate in 2 or 3 weeks (around 60 days after release).

If you are most interested in the 4K items and exclusives, the best strategy from a financial point is to load up your enrollments with at least 6 exclusives then fill your 2 commitment ASAP as cheaply as possible ($20 or $25 title). Resist the temptation to use B1G40% Non VIP offers. Once you fulfill your commitment and are a VIP you should receive a B1G60% off Bonus One time use offer -- go crazy and load up as many 4K and SW and anything else you need at one time. If you can swing 10 (or 15 or 20) 4K in one large purchase you can push the average price down to less than $15 each and get up to 8 exclusives (or other item) for $7-8 ea. If you end up buying $30-35 items for your 2 commitments then that raises the initial 8-9 enrollment/fulfillment price substantially

The other thing that is new in DMC compared to a few years ago is around 30-35 states now collect sales tax though there are some unexpected exceptions like Texas, NY, and Florida

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I know this has come up in the past, but for members one of the extra Seasonal FT cycle starts today meaning there will be 2 overlapping cycles for the next 4 weeks. The Feb 25th and March 10th for the next two weeks, then the March 24th cycle will run concurrently with the March 10th cycle through 4/6

This 3 cycle in 8 week stretch in Spring and Fall often seems to cause a few missed Declinations so Let's be careful out there

The Robin Hood or Double Feature RH + Dumbo 75th isn't all that great, but it does have a B1G60% offer attached for VIP so that will extend that 60% offer another couple weeks.

Last edited:

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I took advantage of the buy 1 at regular price, and all other titles 60% off to get the Star Wars OT 4K sets, and also a BR of Toy Story 4.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I took advantage of the buy 1 at regular price, and all other titles 60% off to get the Star Wars OT 4K sets, and also a BR of Toy Story 4.

I did the math and since I’m not in the club right now there would be too much to buy just for Star Wars. It’s too bad that 4k titles cannot be purchased or used as free titles to join.

so I’ll have to decide if I want to spend $300 for the set and rogue one.. steep.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I got a letter in the mail from DMC asking me to re-enroll. I assume it was generated from when I cancelled back in January. Of course, I already re-enrolled immediately after that, and the only reason I'm still working on that cycle is waiting for Star Wars 9 to ship.

Anyway, they provided a promo code - 58970. Same basic deal, 5 for $1, 3 commitments. It specifically points out free shipping for life, but there is no mention of a blanket.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I got a letter in the mail from DMC asking me to re-enroll. I assume it was generated from when I cancelled back in January. Of course, I already re-enrolled immediately after that, and the only reason I'm still working on that cycle is waiting for Star Wars 9 to ship.

Anyway, they provided a promo code - 58970. Same basic deal, 5 for $1, 3 commitments. It specifically points out free shipping for life, but there is no mention of a blanket.

The last time I cancelled and got that letter they offered me something with 4 commitments. I'll assume your letter specifies the 3 commitments.

I was looking on the site and it appears they've changed the Help Menus in the last couple week to much more generic terms -- enter the promo code and then check Membership Agreement and now it doesn't actually say how many commitments that code requires. Now is says something on the order of " you agree to purchase the minimum number of titles specified in your initial enrollment offer " and has half a page+ of Arbitration language.

I'm not sure that's going to end well if they don't even tell you upfront specifically the number of commitments unless that is made clear sometime in the signup process after you enter all your information

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
2 pieces of information:
Something is screwy with the DMC signup site it seems. Several people are reporting that none of the recently active codes appears to be accepted since around 5 pm ET. I know a couple were working yesterday and at least one of them early this afternoon. I personally checked the 3 codes from above as well as Chip_HT code this weekend and they were active, plus a few people have signed up Mon and Tues and at least one of the codes was active mid afternoon today.

Nobody is quite sure if they shut down all promo codes or if it's a temporary website issue. I know they were working on a minor updating of the Member website, so hopefully a wrong button got hit late in the day. I would be very careful if you are thinking of a new signup until this is cleared up/

2nd Note:
Normal March cycle Featured Title went live yesterday and was a bit of a surprise. Again note the overlapping Seasonal FT Robin Hood and you may need to decline both options if you haven't already done so.

This is special since it appears to be not only the 1st FOX title used as a FT, but hte 1st FOX title at all added to DMC.

$24.95 -- Spies in Disguise BD is what most people see as the new offer.
Std Member Offer B1G40% off
VIP Offer -- B1 Get 50% Off with FS. For those that have been VIP for awhile, you should still be able to choose the B1G60% offer that expires 4/6/2020 from your Offer Options.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Hmm. My featured title was a two pack for Lady and the Tramp and Pinocchio.

Meanwhile, I got Rise of Skywalker today. Not sure if DMC threw folks a bit of a bone and didn't include the usual hold notice to the USPS, or if the USPS doesn't want stuff sitting around right now.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yet another oddity -- it seems about half the folks are seeing Spies in Disguise, the other half the Pinocchio/LatT.
I've seen small numbers of folks get different selections, but never quite this big of a split

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If it matters, or if we're taking a poll, my Featured Selection was Spies in Disguise.

And I ordered 17 4k's this morning...I kept hemming and hawing on pulling the trigger, but I did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks