What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs (1937) (4k UHD Combo) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
006f7aed-a37b-8799-05c5-bdf2e73557f0.png

FOR THE FIRST TIME! DISNEY’S SNOW WHITE TO BE
RELEASED ON 4K UHD BLU-RAY™ OCTOBER 10

b1306aa8-7d7b-b7b7-43c3-73f1db7ea08c.png

THE CELEBRATION OF 100 MAGICAL YEARS OF DISNEY
CONTINUES WITH THE RELEASE OF THE CLASSIC FILM
THAT STARTED IT ALL!

BURBANK, CA (August 30, 2023) – The Walt Disney Company announced today a special restored and remastered 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release of the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ first ever animated feature – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

This will be the first time that the classic film has been made available in stunning 4K UHD, as part of The Walt Disney Studios’ continuing major restoration program using new scans of the original nitrate negative and with the creative input of Disney Animation experts Eric Goldberg (one of the modern masters of Disney animation) and Michael Giaimo (production designer of Wish, Frozen, Frozen 2 and Pocahontas). This newly restored version of the beloved film is part of Disney's 100th anniversary celebration and follows the recent restoration of Disney Animation’s Cinderella, released in 4K UHD earlier this year.

This new Disney100 edition will be released nationwide in a special collectible O-sleeve. There will also be a number of retail exclusives, with Best Buy offering a special Steelbook and Walmart offering animated titles in Disney100 edition slipcovers with a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs collectible pin.

2d7fc490-e1c9-aa87-140b-a04216c9ad77.png

Film Synopsis
The beautiful and kindhearted princess Snow White charms every creature in the kingdom except one -- her jealous stepmother, the Queen. When the Magic Mirror proclaims Snow White is the fairest one of all, she must flee into the forest, where she befriends the lovable seven dwarfs -- Doc, Sneezy, Grumpy, Happy, Bashful, Sleepy and Dopey. But when the Queen tricks Snow White with an enchanted apple, only the magic of true love's kiss can save her!

Product Specifications

Release Date
Physical: October 10, 2023

Product SKUs
Physical: 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code

Feature Run Time
Approx. 83 minutes

Rating
U.S. Rated G

Aspect Ratio
Physical: 1.37:1

Disc Size
4K UHD: 66GB

U.S. Audio
4K Ultra HD: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, English 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus

U.S. Subtitles
4K Ultra HD: English SDH, Spanish, French

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Nice to see this officially announced, though I’m not sure I like that cover art (of course, it could have been worse like the Diamond Edition cover with the witch front and center). Hopefully, it will look just as good as Cinderella, and am interested to know what color timing will be used.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Look - it still has "And The Seven Dwarfs" in the title! No 2023 revisionism at work, thank goodness! Although the "Seven Dwarfs" bit has been given a rather more discreet font size, over the years.

Of course, we'd like to see the new 4K UHD on par with Cinderella, as far as revising their previous mastering efforts.

maxresdefault.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg
545_604769646.jpg
8116_front.jpg

Last edited:

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
Look - it still has "And The Seven Dwarfs" in the title! No 2023 revisionism at work, thank goodness! Except we'd like to see the new 4K UHD on par with Cinderella, as far as revising their previous mastering efforts, naturally.

Yes, but did you realize the font size they chose for "and the Seven Dwarfs"? Very, very telling.

But I digress...hoping the 4K is every bit as beautiful as their Cinderella.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'’m not sure I like that cover art
Putting things from the movie inside the title character's dress appears to be a new pattern for these releases.

71ni1Pm8bFL._AC_UY436_QL65_.jpg b1306aa8-7d7b-b7b7-43c3-73f1db7ea08c.png
I don't have a 4K player. But if the included Blu-ray is a new transfer, a was the case with Cinderella, this will be an immediate purchase for me.

Product SKUs
Physical: 4K Ultra HD + Digital Code
Odd. The cover art indicates there is a Blu-ray included, but this part of the press release with the specs doesn't mention one.

Last edited:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Wonder if they're going to do an 8k scan of Sleeping Beauty next? (not like there's actually 8k worth of information there of course).

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
F4zJaSMaMAIKFu0

Heads up
@thedigitalbits
readers: As we first reported back in March, Disney is indeed releasing SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS on #4K #UltraHD on 10/10! However, the original press release this morning included an error, suggesting the audio would be lossy Dolby Digital Plus. That is NOT correct: The disc will actually include lossless English 5.1 DTS-HD MA, plus 2.0 Dolby Digital. I’ve also confirmed that the studio did a NEW 4K scan for this restoration—it’s not simply an upsample of the grain-scrubbed 2K Blu-ray master. So this release should be every bit as lovely as their recent CINDERELLA UHD. -BH

Last edited:

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
F4zJaSMaMAIKFu0

Heads up
@thedigitalbits
readers: As we first reported back in March, Disney is indeed releasing SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS on #4K #UltraHD on 10/10! However, the original press release this morning included an error, suggesting the audio would be lossy Dolby Digital Plus. That is NOT correct: The disc will actually include lossless English 5.1 DTS-HD MA, plus 2.0 Dolby Digital. I’ve also confirmed that the studio did a NEW 4K scan for this restoration—it’s not simply an upsample of the grain-scrubbed 2K Blu-ray master. So this release should be every bit as lovely as their recent CINDERELLA UHD. -BH

Those colors on the right-hand side of the comparison do look nice, but I have to wonder how accurate they are. I remember reading a quote about the 1993 restoration attributed to Ollie Johnston in which he supposedly said the colors used there were “Nice colors. Not the ones we used, but nice colors.” Furthermore, original prints of the film leaned a little towards sepia.

It would certainly be nice to know what was used as reference for the color timing.

Edit: I would like to make clear that this post is not meant as a complaint (especially since my first exposure to this film was the above-mentioned 90’s restoration), just voicing curiosity as to the accuracy of the colors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks