1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Not sure where to post this question, but a search revealed quite a few posts for Disney Movie Rewards in this thread, so I thought I would try here.

Is anyone else having issues logging into their Disney Movie Rewards account? I tried logging in to redeem my code for Avengers: Endgame, and I get redirected to DisneyMovieInsiders.com. After I login using my DMR credentials, I am prompted to update my birthday. After doing so, the screen remains locked on that update request -- I can go no further.

I have not logged into my account since signing up for D23 in order to get the discount on the Mouse's new streaming service. Not sure if that has something to do with what is going on. FYI, I do not belong to the Disney Movie Club, nor have I ever been a member.

2. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    I logged into Insiders last week and did my birthday without a problem. The layout is kinda weird...not to second guess you, but in the upper left hand corner, does it say "Hi Scott" or anything personalized like that? I just looked at mine and that's really the only way I figured out I was actually logged into my account.

3. Scott Merryfield

It still shows sign-in / sign-up in the upper lefthand corner. Here is what I get after entering my birthdate (I picked a bogus one for this screen shot, but get the same results with my real BD). FYI, I tried the Disney Movie Insider app on my Android phone and get similar results -- except I cannot get out of the app without rebooting my phone. :angry:

[​IMG]

4. Scott Merryfield

FYI, I found a link for help signing in, and was able to access a way to reset my account. That seems to have worked, as I am now able to login. Thanks for the help, @Jason_V

Jason_V likes this.
  5. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Yay and very welcome! The site was weird for me too and I'm attributing it to new site gremlins.

Scott Merryfield likes this.
  6. David Norman

David Norman Producer

The easiest thing seems to be to click "Need Help Signing In." Usually they;ll send a code to enter and everything works fine after that.
    Well -- at least as fine as DMI is functioning for now.

Entering Codes is hit or miss -- different people are having intermittent success redeeming codes. Even teh same movie works for one person, but not another. After a couple days I've been able to enter all the codes I've tried, but half have been declined as invalid the first attempt.

A couple people have had their points not ported over and DMI isn't being easy to work with -- suspect tons of agitated phone calls.

Of course there isn't much to redeem for anyway YET -- D23 membership, tours, e-gift cards. DMI did say weeks ago it would take a while to get their physical rewards back, so I'll wait since there's really nothing more to do now anyway.

The linked accounts still are there though a DMI/MA link isn't functional yet -- "Coming Soon"

I'd say 90-95+% of the old DMR pages/information/Coming Soon/Surveys/Trivia Quizzes are gone. There is very little to the current site other than a few new/upcoming Movie ads

7. Scott Merryfield

The "Need Help Signing In" link is how I resolved my problem with being stuck on the update birthday screen.

As for redeeming codes, I am in that "miss" group -- I get an invalid code when attempting to redeem my code from the UHD of Avengers: Endgame. I set the sheet aside and will try again in a few days.

8. KPmusmag

KPmusmag Screenwriter
    Supporter

Kevin Parcher
    I am a bit annoyed at the moment - just received the second in a row featured selection that I had declined. Fortunately, I saved my decline emails, and they were nice about it and apologized, but still, two in a row. So save your decline emails!

9. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

I know! I know!

That is why I get out as soon as I finish my obligation.

Twice these guys sent me a featured selection after I declined it.

10. David Norman

David Norman Producer

I'll never understand why some folks seem to have this happen repeatedly and others never. It just doesn't seem be random and at this point I'm 99% it's not user error since some of the folks are pretty long term DMC veterans

Is this a newer signup -- the first or second FT cycle of a new account might be somewhat explainable even if still unacceptable? Do you usually decline early or very late in the cycle(esp the last couple of days)? It shouldn't matter, but I'd love to figure out if there is some pattern.

Since Ron has signed up again I'll be particularly interested to hear if this affects the new sign-up like it did the last. Is it possible that the computer handles certain accounts differently (intentional or not)? regional differences would make even less sense since that would seem to mean there's more than one Main computer.

11. KPmusmag

KPmusmag Screenwriter
    Supporter

Kevin Parcher
    I have belonged for several years now, and I always decline (if I'm going to) immediately when I receive the notification email. To be fair, it has not happened to me before last month.

12. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Well there goes two more possible ideas.

Though I haven't had it happen in years I still save the decline emails for at least 2 months like you -- even despite being a near constant member and for many years I carried two accounts (100% separate work and home billing/shipping addresses). Even the one time it happened I'm 50/50 I forgot to decline and even then DMC paid teh return shipping.

Also tend to decline within the first couple days. I do know some folks who wait for the last Monday to cancel there have been some accidental shipments though even that goes through without a problem most of the time.

13. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Logged in to DMC this morning. Featured selection (reply by 12.30) is Sleeping Beauty. Meh, I'll pass.

More importantly, for me anyway, is 60% off when you buy one title at regular price. I may have loaded my cart with 19 titles. No, I'm not getting all of them. At least, not all at once, anyway.

14. David Norman

David Norman Producer

If've you got the funds that's certainly the cheapest way. I saved up the Aug/Sept and Oct 4K explosion and got them as a group of 20. I think ended up less then $15 per title -- all with slipcovers and digitals and came in a nice big decently padded box.

I'm debating on whether to get Mal 1+2 and the Nov releases in one big pack. The Maleficent package won't ship until release (??in mid to late Jan my guess) so it will split up the payments a littel anyway -- though after last week, what another Benjamin.

I think Maleficent II will be the FT starting 12/30 -- after declining the current title, my COMING SOON message shows Maleficent

15. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    It totally is the cheapest way. I ran some numbers because I'm a dork like that. I may just splurge...I don't have anything else major to get this year and a lot of the things I'm doing next year are already paid for...

16. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    The deal doesn't state it, but it's looking like shipping is also free on this offer.

17. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Thanks to someone on this board (and I forget who...), I have free shipping for life on my account. :)

18. David Norman

David Norman Producer

For those that signed up with the Free Shipping for life or called to have it added to their VIP account -- always. I think most of the DMC regulars have this perk now so sometimes forget to mention it.

For others, Free Shipping applies to all orders made 12/3 - 12/9 -- this has been common for the last 3 or 4 years for the 1st weeks of December.