What's new

Anybody experience this with Star Wars Episode 1 DTS? (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I have the pics- will post them on a server when I get back from my exam (Sorry, Final in Political Thought at 12:30... should return at 2:30 or so).

I have fwd'd to a few folks in this thread- so if they post before I get back- fine with me.

(Will need resized to be displayed here).

-Vince

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
These are large, over a meg a piece.
http://www.musicianassist.com/htf/audmenu.jpg
http://www.musicianassist.com/htf/dtsrec.jpg
I'd like to see more menu shots, just for curiosity sake (I assume the menus are not animated- appear to be fixed picture). Too bad Ryan doesn't have a PC_DVD drive- screen caps direct from the disc would be much nicer!
Ryan- is this version a 2 disc set like the US version- or just a single disc? Are there any extras (I noticed the commentary isn't listed in the audio menu)-- did they also remove the documentaries? Is there artwork printed on the disc itself? Can you tell if it is dual layer (is there a layer change)?
Very interesting, very interesting indeed.
If anyone wants to resize these to less than 500 wide and post them in the thread, feel free (please don't post these as they are now!)-- my main PC is dead and I don't have a good image editor on my laptop.
-Vince
PS: Discussion of making, distributing or where to obtain bootlegs is forbidden. This topic of determining if a bootleg exists (or if a disc is a bootleg) is allowed, within reason (as long as it doesn't stray towards the above topics).
PPS: I have deleted a few posts requesting the pics now that they are posted, in attempt to clean up the thread a little and make it more readable.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I too find it "funny" that what looks to be like a DTS track created from a DD source can sound superior to someone. It sure takes the wind out of the sails of the Pro-DTS crowd. :D

Oscar

Second Unit
I think that he brough a bootlegged version.

First, where is the Spanish 2.0 Audio?

Or the THX Optmode thing?

Ok, could they scan pictures of the back cover and of the back cover too?

Also, where did you buy it?

If you brought it from the internet, IT HAS TO BE A BOOTLEG.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Oscar,
1) Please read the whole post before replying. The status of the purchase location and how the poster got the disc have been covered above.
2) When you want to correct something in your post, edit your original post (the edit button above your post)- please don't post a second time to make corrections.
3) When you correct something- make sure not just to say the same mistaken thing again. ;)
-Vince

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
audmenu_small.jpg

dtsrec_small.jpg

I only resized the first image because the DTS text on the 2nd image becomes to small to see. The 2nd image has been cropped to show the relevent information only. If you want to see it in its entirety, I recommend loading the original image.
It does not seem legit to me either. Besides, whats up with "DOBLY"? :D Ya know, if you're gonna bootleg something, at least spell the stupid thing right!

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
It is a bootleg DVD...
I kinda sorta own one and got it from Thailand after the licensed R1 release.
The dts soundtrack on the disc is a re-encoded version of the 5.1 soundtrack used for the Dolby Digital option.
If this is the cover to your version:
Link Removed
Then you have a geniune Asian bootleg.
Also avoid these:
Link Removed

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Here are links to larger versions of the "Five Star Collection" bootleg DVDs for Eps IV & V:
Link Removed
Link Removed

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey! I recognize that image on the cover of the 5-Star "Empire" box! That's the original poster art for Revenge of the Jedi! :eek:
Link Removed
a.k.a. "Blue Harvest" :laugh:
Link Removed

Oscar

Second Unit
Geez, if only those DVDs weren´t bootlegged, that would be fantastic.
Too bad that our fantasies dont releate to reality. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks