What's new

Anybody experience this with Star Wars Episode 1 DTS? (1 Viewer)

Scott O'Keeffe

Stunt Coordinator
You have to realize that many think the DTS-DD debate can be clearly explained through level matching.

I still find that funny.

I can buy the different master theory (i.e. Saving Private Ryan), but no way in hell, level matching.

Shit, here we go again. Does it ever end?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Or maybe we should all just bow to your all encompassing knowledge and superiority?
Easy, guy. Everyone's trying to be helpful and Vince is one of the most helpful members here. It's close to impossible to guess how much knowledge a member with only ~50 posts has regarding any matters of HT. He could be completely new to the scene or a long-time lurker. He was only trying to help figure out your situation with limited knowledge.

If you take screenshots, it would help to figure everything out (and some of us are wondering about where it came from too.)

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan,

I am very curious about this whole situation. As far as I knew, there has never been a DTS release of EP1. DVD, LD, Bootleg, or other. If there was, you can bet I would have bought it. Where did you get it?

Also, being new to the forum, you might want to re-think your remarks. Vince is one of the most helpful members on this site. Chill man!

Ryan Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
re-think my comments? No i don't think so. I appreciate very much how helpful people hav been here. But no matter how often a person may post, such as Vince, I don't think that gives him the right to ridicule how I found the DTS track in TPE cleaner and better. He simply has no basis for this.

How you say something is as important as what you are saying.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I've never been much of a fan of bowing... maybe you could hokey-pokey to my knowledge and superiority?? Oh, and you forgot to include my boyish good looks and enormous wee-wee.
-V
PS: I'm still super-eager to see the menus for this bootleg (the audio menu as well as the rest of the menu structure!) If you have taken screen caps- please post, or email them to me ([email protected]) and I'll happily post them on my servers!

Ryan Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
OK guess it was down to a misunderstanding. I'm pretty sure it might be what you guys are saying, which is a DD source, but for everybody's benefit I already e-mailed the pics.
Thanks to everyone again.:)

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty widely known for taking fair amounts of my time to make sure people understand the concepts behind what they're discussing (just ask Scott_MacD who sent me a private message about my comment above and got a 500 word explanation of technical info about dolby and tds LFE systems)-- and go out of my way to make sure everyone on this board seeking help, gets it (search the basics area for my name).
I now completely respect and fear this man. :) But the reason why is, I wanted to know better. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to educate me, Vince.
Anyway, someone compress and upload the pics, I'd like to see the menu shots.

Ryan Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
oops I only emailed them to Shayne. I'm the office now so if he doesn't post it I'll email them to you when I get home again. :)

Ryan Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
Shayne:
Yep. the bad news is the email bounced back to me.
Good news is that it bounced back together with the pics, so I emailed them right back to Vince ;)

James M

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan: What Im wondering, and I dont really think you've explained this, is where did you get this dvd from? I think you explained it was given to you? by whom? I just wanna try and track this dts phantom menace to see if there are others out there, or what this is all about. So, please explain. Also, does it look like the official release? have you compared the two? does the cover and back look the same as the R1? does it indicate it has dts on it? and if so, did you send those pictures off to Vince and others as well?

Ryan Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
My brother who studied in London came home a few months ago and brought back a number of DVD's and gave them to me, since he does not have a HT setup here. The DVD's came in case logic sleeves minus the cases, since they were a lot, and not only would they take up space in his luggage, but he might be subject to customs tax as well.
I emailed the pics to Vince I hope he posts here soon :)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Im not sure if some mentioned this....

Ryan, one reason why Vince may have found the fact that you found DTS superior funny might be this:

Even though your disc is decoding in DTS, it most likely was never created from the original studio master. One way DTS bootlegs are created is to take a DVD player with a built in DD decoder, send the analog signal out into a computer an re-encode it to DTS. (perhaps with a slight increase in db) So the DTS audio on your DVD was most likely created from the original 448kbs Dolby mix.

Hence: "funny"

EDIT: I see it was mentioned, sort of :b

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Well if it's a bootleg, isn't that prohibited to post links pictures or any related info,according to this boards regulations?

I personaly would like to see the pictures,but I know this is a sensetive issue around here for the admins.

JamesCS

Stunt Coordinator
(watching tumbleweeds roll buy as I wait to see the pictures posted on this thread)

JamesCS

Stunt Coordinator
(on hold for ten minutes listening to cheesy jazz samba Muzak)

(music stops) "Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line and an operator will post the pictures shortly" (music continues)

(on hold for ten minutes listening to cheesy jazz samba Muzak)

(music stops) "Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line and an operator will post the pictures shortly" (music continues)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks