What's new

Any news on these Warner Brothers titles? (1 Viewer)

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
Day For Night
Greed
King Kong
McCabe & Mrs. Miller
My Darling Clementine
Swing Time

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
King Kong is supposed to be undergoing a restoration similar to Citizen Kane; it may be out this year. Just recently, Swing Time has been mentioned for a release this year. The others, I have no idea.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
My Darling Clementine is a FOX title.

I think someone asked about it at a past Fox chat...

Actually, it just needs a retransfer since the film was restored a few years ago.

King Kong is being digitally restored as is Swing Time.

Greed just needs a DVD made since it was recently restored AND reconstructed. The 240 min. film, plus a 5.1 track of Robert Israel's score, a commentary (Rick Schmidlan (sic), Rudy Behlmer, and perhaps Kevin Brownlow), and even the segment about Greed from "Hollywood"!

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick, I think you're the man I need to be talking to. You seem to be in the know about alot of the titles I'm dying to own on dvd.
Greed is a film I have never seen and am chomping at the bit to own and view.
Since Turner owns it and produced the VHS, will they do the DVD too? What's their track record with getting titles like this out? The only thing I can go on is other Warner titles I own like The Big Sleep and Citizen Kane, the latter took forever to come out. But the edition that is out is so very nice.
Any guesses on when it will be out, Greed that is.
I hope King Kong and Swing Time come out in 2002, that would be welcome news as these are two other releases that I absolutely must have in my collection of films.
As for the other Warner titles, I just found something on another site that says McCabe and Mrs. Miller is due out later this year from Warner, so that's good.
Might I ask you about other titles, older titles that are non-Warner?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I hope King Kong and Swing Time come out in 2002, that would be welcome news as these are two other releases that I absolutely must have in my collection of films.
"King Kong" won't be out until 2003 which is the 70th anniversary of it's theatrical release. "Swing Time" and "Top Hat" will be release either late 2002 or early next year. Though Warner does an excellent job with their classic film releases on dvd but they are very slow in their dvd releases which makes it difficult for classic film fans because Warner by far has the largest classic film collection with ownership of MGM, Warner, and RKO classic films.

Crawdaddy

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'll take those first four titles! Can't wait for King Kong!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks