World Wide Stereo

Amazon Prime Day - 2019 (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It’s nearly here. I read a Time Magazine online article that said last year for every $10 you spent at Whole Foods you got a $10 credit on Amazon. I don’t remember that and it’s just too good to be true. I clicked on the link that Time provided and the offer was, and I paraphrase, spend $10 and get a $10 credit. Nothing about for every $10 you get the same credit.

Anyone remember?

728x90

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That $10 thing was probably 3 years ago. It sure wasn't last year.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Predict now -- LOTR Bluray Boxset $26.99 will be the single BD deal this year

Will there be any real deal that doesn't involver Kindle, Fire, Alexa or some other Amazon brank or will it be like the last 2 years where they have 4 bottom of the barrel 2 yo TV sets that sell out in 5 minutes and raise the price of everything else to 20% higher than normal everyday prices (and skip media completely again)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don't remember, but I'm fully prepared to be completely underwhelmed by Prime Day. Again.
I think I remember a single $10 credit for spending $10 or more at Whole Foods. It wasn’t $10 for every $10, no merchant is going to do that.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
20 % off certain blu-rays and 4k-HD blu-rays. until 12:59 in June 16th SOME Criterions it's supposed to add 20% to other movies/TV-shows and maybe it did I can't tell the way the do the discounts ...

Here's the deets for the 200% off
  • Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 16,2019.
  • Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
  • Offer does not apply to digital content.
  • Offer good while supplies last.
  • Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
  • Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
  • This offer is available to Prime members only.

Prime Members save 20% on Movies & TVLimited-time offer
Add 1 item from the selection on this page to your Shopping Basket via the "Add to Basket". When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button. The Offer will be automatically applied to your total customer order value at checkout if you are eligible.
---
Not part of that sale ...
From Flash sales:

Items Ordered Price
1 of: M*a*s*h: The Complete Collection, Morgan, Harry
Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc

Condition: New
$74.96 (Sale $45.85)
1 of: Lost In Space: Season 1 (2018) [Blu-ray], Lost In Space Season 1

$24.99 (Sale $19.99)
1 of: SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-128G-GN6MA

$24.79 (Sale$19.99)

Shipping Speed:
One-Day Shipping
Item(s) Subtotal: $124.74
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Deal of the Day: -$4.80
Lightning Deal: -$5.00
Lightning Deal: -$29.11
-----
Total before tax: $85.83
Sales Tax: $7.38
-----
Total for This Shipment: $93.21

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just bought The House With A Clock In Its Walls on Blu-ray for $9.99 as a lightning deal.

This is the first sale item that I've really wanted, but I'm happy to get it, as I got close to buying it when it came out and wasn't able to at that time. It's a really fun movie and one of the best surprises of last year.

They're also having a Lightning Deal on the Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy for $14.99. I have the 25th anniversary version of that already, but that's an awfully cheap price and would be very tempting to double dip for the additional bonus features at a price that low. However, I bought enough other thing recently that I really shouldn't do that too. If it was the only thing I was buying soon, I probably would have, but oh well.

Also, for those of you interested in books, the code PRIMEBOOK19 can be applied to any purchase of books over $15 to knock $5 off the price. I cancelled my existing pre-order of the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and immediately re-ordered it with that coupon to apply the discount.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just bought The House With A Clock In Its Walls on Blu-ray for $9.99 as a lightning deal.

This is the first sale item that I've really wanted, but I'm happy to get it, as I got close to buying it when it came out and wasn't able to at that time. It's a really fun movie and one of the best surprises of last year.

They're also having a Lightning Deal on the Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy for $14.99. I have the 25th anniversary version of that already, but that's an awfully cheap price and would be very tempting to double dip for the additional bonus feature at a price that low. However, I bought enough other thing recently that I really shouldn't do that too. If it was the only thing I was buying soon, I probably would have, but oh well.

Also, for those of you interested in books, the code PRIMEBOOK19 can be applied to any purchase of books over $15 to knock $5 off the price. I cancelled my existing pre-order of the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and immediately re-ordered it with that coupon to apply the discount.
Is PRIMEBOOK19 good for ebooks?

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I ordered Hawaii FIve-O Classic complete series $69.99 the prime day special of 6% cash back on my prime card just covers the sales tax. I read somewhere that the un restored season I think it was season 10 was restored in this set. I couldn't pass up $0.25 per episode.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Some other notable disc deals right now (while they last):

Star Trek (various series/movies)
Fast & Furious (8 movies on 4K UHD)
Abbott & Costello Universal Pictures Collection (DVD, $29.99, about $1 per film)
Fraggle Rock Complete Series on Blu-Ray

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So Amazon has a deal, buy a $25 or more gift card and get a $5 promo credit in your account. I exam the fine print closely but I didn’t see an prohibition on redeeming the card to your own account.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I bought the Yale Assure Lock Connected by August from BestBuy for $199 thanks to Prime Day! It was the cheapest it's been by about $40. I could have saved a few more dollars ordering from Amazon via credit card rewards, but I wanted to buy local to get it same day, installed that night...and because I don't trust/understand Amazon for returns and wanted the option to easily return if it the complex mechanics and electronics didn't work.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yikes, no love for Queen today.

upload_2019-7-16_23-0-11.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks