What's new

On a budget... (Post your budget setup) (1 Viewer)

Pupp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James D.
I got to thinking, plenty of people come to this forum looking for inexpensive ways to get good sounding speakers to replace the dreadful internal speakers on a Television.

Due to circumstances, I had to say goodbye to my home theater setup from years ago.

Fast foward a few years to 2021, and I'm finally back on track to build a new home theater.

In 2019, I got a Klipsch Bar 48 during Amazon Prime days, because it was on special, and literally any sound bar over $300 would be a vast improvement.
It was a satisfactory improvement in sound.

A few months ago, I was browsing ebay, and found a Paradigm UltraCube 10 for sale and picked it up, intending to use it for a future home theater.
But since the Klipsch Bar 48 can have a 2nd, wired subwoofer, I figured I'd hook it up.

The end result was actually pretty fantastic. It's essentially a 3.2 system.
Although it's only a temporary situation, the sound belies the fact the entire setup cost under $1000. One could get rear speakers for it, but for me, I just wanted something just to hold me over until I got a full blown home theater installed with much larger budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks