What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I have a shipment of about four orders that Amazon combined that is scheduled to be delivered today, but UPS tracking only shows that Amazon created a label on Sunday night with no other info available. UPS shows the same. Yet Amazon is absolutely certain that it will arrive before 8pm today.

The shipment is being shipped out of Amazon's facility in or around Tracy,CA, and these types of things happen more often at that facility than any other, at least in my experience.
The shipment was finally located last night (after Amazon refunded the order and I placed a new order - the US rep on the phone was not able to simply ship replacements for some reason) and is due to deliver today, along with my re-order.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The concept of a "pre-order" seems to have gotten lost at Amazon. I pre-ordered Apocalypse Now on 8/15, but selected No-Rush Shipping, which I guess means those customers get moved to the back of the line in regards to inventory once the item is in stock on release day. It is 8/29, and Amazon is telling me that my order won't ship until 9/2, when more inventory arrives but was "guaranteed" by the chat agent, who began the session with "Hi Todd! I see that you're contacting about your apocalypse. I'll be happy to assist you today," that is would be delivered on 9/5.

Lesson learned - don't select No-Rush Shipping on a pre-order.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The concept of a "pre-order" seems to have gotten lost at Amazon. I pre-ordered Apocalypse Now on 8/15, but selected No-Rush Shipping, which I guess means those customers get moved to the back of the line in regards to inventory once the item is in stock on release day. It is 8/29, and Amazon is telling me that my order won't ship until 9/2, when more inventory arrives but was "guaranteed" by the chat agent, who began the session with "Hi Todd! I see that you're contacting about your apocalypse. I'll be happy to assist you today," that is would be delivered on 9/5.

Lesson learned - don't select No-Rush Shipping on a pre-order.
As often as not when I select "No Rush Shipping" on a pre-order they *upgrade* it to 2 day without me asking. And I just don't care or want 2 day shipping. One of these days I'm going to check to see if I still get the "No Rush" digital credit on such "upgrades" and if not complain loudly.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
As often as not when I select "No Rush Shipping" on a pre-order they *upgrade* it to 2 day without me asking. And I just don't care or want 2 day shipping. One of these days I'm going to check to see if I still get the "No Rush" digital credit on such "upgrades" and if not complain loudly.
You should be getting an email when your order ships stating you just got the credit. Or go to a kindle book and your digital credits will show there. They don’t last forever, they can expire.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
You should be getting an email when your order ships stating you just got the credit. Or go to a kindle book and your digital credits will show there. They don’t last forever, they can expire.
Yes, I know... it's just that I get so many of those I lose track if I'm not paying attention (I get the "shipped" email and "credit" email back to back but normally just delete them, rarely looking at just what was shipped as I can see that in my orders - something I keep closer tabs on). I order *everything* separately so as to get a credit for each (I've more than paid for Prime with those - although the things I've purchased with them I'd have never purchased without them). I've also forgotten to redeem credits before they expire - and I try to keep close tabs on it - usually thinking they expire a day or two later than they actually do. In addition to the Kindle book page you can check them in movies and music - and at least they now have a link in the account page to make it easy to check amounts and expiration dates.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I posted about my missing order, I had just submitted the email. The page indicated I’d receive a reply with 12 hours. After my post here, I checked my mail expecting an automated response. What I got was a human reply apologizing for the inconvenience and informing me that an order is being shipped to me an will arrive by this coming Friday. That’s excellent customer service and I informed them of that.
Even Amazon UK acts in mysterious ways. After the emails showing they were shipping the replacement, I got one saying they had received my return (I never received it to return it). I then got another saying they were crediting my a bit over 8 pounds to compensate me for postage.

So I’m guessing the package was returned to Amazon UK by the postal system, whomever they are. Why they couldn’t complete delivery I don’t know since Amazon labels there packages quite well.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I guess I am excessive, but I check my Amazon accounts multiple times a day to see how pre-orders are doing on .com .ca, and .uk. I especially check when an order is on the way.

In the last month or so the Amazon app. only lets me check once or twice before demanding my e-mail, password, finger print etc. Lately it insists it send me a security code, which I have to put in as well. This code is very difficult to put in, and the page for it keeps disappearing when I return to the app. from e-mail on my phone. They have had to send me multiple codes before I can get it to work.

Do I suddenly look like a criminal to them? What have I done to piss THEM off?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Oh, Amazon, why do you make me laugh at you so often?
AmazonPrime-UglyDolls.jpg

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
As noted earlier, my Alita 3D arrived with a broken case. I contacted Amazon.ca, and almost before I could finish the e-mail, I received one from them saying for free a new copy would be sent. It arrived a few days later.

Yesterday (a month later) I received a rather nasty e-mail saying that if I did not return the first one (which I no longer have) right away, I would get a $40.00 charge on my credit card!

I sent them an e-mail explaining the situation, they withdrew the charge and apologized. We are carefully scanning our statement this month.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
As noted earlier, my Alita 3D arrived with a broken case. I contacted Amazon.ca, and almost before I could finish the e-mail, I received one from them saying for free a new copy would be sent. It arrived a few days later.

Yesterday (a month later) I received a rather nasty e-mail saying that if I did not return the first one (which I no longer have) right away, I would get a $40.00 charge on my credit card!

I sent them an e-mail explaining the situation, they withdrew the charge and apologized. We are carefully scanning our statement this month.
Yeah, their software systems can get screwed up it the csr doesn’t enter it right. I ordered a copy of the 3 DaVinci Code movies in 4K from A-UK. It never arrived and they sent me a replacement with very fast shipping, 3 days I think. Then I got an email thinking me for returning the original order and then another email crediting me for shipping it back. Apparently the lost one was returned to them and they treated it like a customer return.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, Amazon done gone and pissed me off today.

I got three separate e-mails this morning telling me that my package containing the three Ealing comedies (which I was supposed to receive September 3rd) was returned to them and that I had been credited for all three purchases. For my trouble, I get to re-order them. :rolleyes:

I can't recall that that's something that has happened to me before with Amazon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, Amazon done gone and pissed me off today.

I got three separate e-mails this morning telling me that my package containing the three Ealing comedies (which I was supposed to receive September 3rd) was returned to them and that I had been credited for all three purchases. For my trouble, I get to re-order them. :rolleyes:

I can't recall that that's something that has happened to me before with Amazon.

Well, Amazon did not piss me off today.

The saga of the Ealing comedies I referenced above came to a close with Amazon delivering all three discs today.

Pete received the package from the mailman (they're the best of friends!). And was surprised to see a 4th disc I had pre-ordered--but isn't due for release for another eight days!

full

full

full

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Well, Amazon did not piss me off today.

The saga of the Ealing comedies I referenced above came to a close with Amazon delivering all three discs today.

Pete received the package from the mailman (they're the best of friends!). And was surprised to see a 4th disc I had pre-ordered--but isn't due for release for another eight days!

full

full

full
With that snozsh, Pete could have replaced Bing’s Road Picture partner.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Amazon required a signature for a $35 package that should have been delivered today. Of course I was out. Why they need a signature for that one when two others valued higher were happily left on the porch beats the hell out of me.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else getting EXTREMELY pissed off at Amazon, and their Disney feud?

I have a ton of new releases in 4K, and standard BD I want to buy. On Amazon, they don't exist!
I don't buy a lot from them anymore, and when I need to make a purchase of a popular item, and take advantage of my Prime membership... they don't carry it.
Give me a break.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anyone else getting EXTREMELY pissed off at Amazon, and their Disney feud?

I have a ton of new releases in 4K, and standard BD I want to buy. On Amazon, they don't exist!
I don't buy a lot from them anymore, and when I need to make a purchase of a popular item, and take advantage of my Prime membership... they don't carry it.
Give me a break.
If you're buying "a ton", you're likely to qualify for free shipping at most any other online retailer, which I think is the only benefit of a Prime membership with regard to disc purchasing. I would go elsewhere. I find I'm buying more movies from Deep Discount and Best Buy these days than Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks