What's new

Amazon Finally Pissed Me Off! (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just had instance #3 of a late afternoon Amazon order followed by a next morning USPS delivery. This time it was a replacement audio cable.

I ain't complainin'! It's amazing service. :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I didn't click on the article but there was a headline in a feed about Prime following Max's lead with regards to dropping dolby vision and atmos unless you pay more. Yes I know Max was even worse with dropping everyone to HD from 4K, but this is still a bad precedent.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I didn't click on the article but there was a headline in a feed about Prime following Max's lead with regards to dropping dolby vision and atmos unless you pay more. Yes I know Max was even worse with dropping everyone to HD from 4K, but this is still a bad precedent.
I think what I find more irritating is that there has been no official word from Amazon that this was intentional, other than articles claiming that an Amazon representative had confirmed it to the author of the article.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
How about this?

Around Christmas we ordered a $300 paper shredder and a $20 bracket to hold a tissue box in the car. They arrived together

The shredder did not have any dimensions on it on the website, so when it arrived we saw that it was just a tiny one that was unsuitable.

I requested the labels to send it back. I received an e-mail that said something like “as you request, you can send back the Kleenex box holder, we will send u the
labels”.

I wrote back that we wanted to send back the shredder, not the Kleenex box holder.

The labels finally arrived and we got the box ready. We have limited mobility, so we waited after Christmas for my daughter to visit. The shredder was heavy, but she horked it into the car and they took it to the post office. A week went by and we received a $20 credit for I presume was the tissue thingy.

About a month later I received an email “reminding” me to send the shredder back. I replied that we already had.

About a month ago, I received a snotty letter saying I would be charged $300 if I did not return it!

Today we have that charge on our credit card.

I have spent hours on the phone and filled in “incident” reports etc. The latest person I talked to said we will get a refund in 7 to 10 days.
I will believe it when I see it!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
How about this?

Around Christmas we ordered a $300 paper shredder and a $20 bracket to hold a tissue box in the car. They arrived together

The shredder did not have any dimensions on it on the website, so when it arrived we saw that it was just a tiny one that was unsuitable.

I requested the labels to send it back. I received an e-mail that said something like “as you request, you can send back the Kleenex box holder, we will send u the
labels”.

I wrote back that we wanted to send back the shredder, not the Kleenex box holder.

The labels finally arrived and we got the box ready. We have limited mobility, so we waited after Christmas for my daughter to visit. The shredder was heavy, but she horked it into the car and they took it to the post office. A week went by and we received a $20 credit for I presume was the tissue thingy.

About a month later I received an email “reminding” me to send the shredder back. I replied that we already had.

About a month ago, I received a snotty letter saying I would be charged $300 if I did not return it!

Today we have that charge on our credit card.

I have spent hours on the phone and filled in “incident” reports etc. The latest person I talked to said we will get a refund in 7 to 10 days.
I will believe it when I see it!
As long as you have a proof of delivery, Amazon cannot charge you (or needs to credit you ASAP).

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
They almost teed me off-- I was purchasing two things this time with my debit card; one was Universal's all-in-one DVD of the hit CBS Bixby/Ferrigno Incredible Hulk, and the other was the preorder of that upcoming Blu of The Act (that hit Hulu limited series w/Joey King and Patricia Arquette). I put Hulk in the cart, and then made a move to preorder The Act; little did I know that preordering something that is not released does not let you add it to the cart, and takes you right to checkout (so I would have ended up making two orders).

What I ended up having to do to avoid that is to uncheck the part under "Frequently Bought Together" where they were offering a musical called The Prince of Egypt on Blu; once I did that, I was able to add The Act to this cart alongside Hulk, and everything (with a few modifications of course) went smoothly from there.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
It's even easier than that... when a pre-order takes you immediately to the cart and you want to add more items, simply change the number of items from 1 to "delete" which then puts it in the "Saved for later" portion of your cart. At that point, it can be added to the purchase area like anything else in that section of your cart along with any number of other items. I do this frequently solely to have a copy of a pre-order item in my "saved for later" portion of the cart so it'll show price updates when I check my cart.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
It's even easier than that... when a pre-order takes you immediately to the cart and you want to add more items, simply change the number of items from 1 to "delete" which then puts it in the "Saved for later" portion of your cart. At that point, it can be added to the purchase area like anything else in that section of your cart along with any number of other items. I do this frequently solely to have a copy of a pre-order item in my "saved for later" portion of the cart so it'll show price updates when I check my cart.

Which I may try the next time I preorder something-- thanks for the tip.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
There are 59 pages of complaints about Amazon orders that perhaps my recent experiences will fall under. I don't have it in me to scour all of the posts so please forgive me for repeating anything that may have already been discussed.

I will say that this morning was the final straw for me in continued frustration over orders I have placed with Amazon and the decline in service and standards I am receiving for my pricey Prime membership.

I sent an email to select executives whose email addresses came up with an AI engine search.

ISSUE ONE

Too many recent instances of placing orders, being promised 2-day delivery, and then items being delayed for several days.

That issue was addressed on a customer service phone call this morning. I was told that 2-day delivery is not what it represents. If items are not in stock at the local warehouse near you, they then have to be shipped from an alternative one. It is at that point that 2-day shipping comes into play.

I told the representative that advertising 2-day delivery under these circumstances is very misleading -- especially for people like myself who order a Birthday card and expect to have it in time for that Birthday. "Yes" she replied, "We are looking to unveil a new program that will give customers a better idea when their package will actually arrive when placing their order."

ISSUE TWO

Amazon workers do a horrible job packaging fragile items. This is something I have complained directly to the Amazon Executive Customer Support team several times in the past, each time with a promise that the issue will be addressed.

Amazon uses lightweight paper packaging for shipping fragile items. I have had many light bulbs arrive at my door completely smashed because warehouse workers refused to put them in a box.

In other instances, I have had fragile items thrown in the same box as a case of dog food, whose weight crushed those items.

I have included a photo of what arrived at my door yesterday because it was put in paper packaging rather than a box.

ISSUE THREE

As a side mention to all of the above, I asked what the benefit of a $140 Prime membership is when my orders are delayed, or arrive damaged and I am being asked to pay more money to remove commercials from their streaming service.

I reminded them that they have been making a huge profit over the years while Prime customers are receiving substandard service and fewer benefits.

I will let you know what, if any response I receive.

IMG_3798.jpeg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Here's a new one... I ordered a *NEW* BR of The Postman - sold and shipped by Amazon. It arrives today and has this sticker, *UNDER* the shrink wrap, on the outside front of the case:
1710535851981.jpeg

A *DEFECTIVE* return from 2017 that was shrink wrapped and sent out as *NEW* product!!! I'm rather livid over this one. How did *no one* catch this?!?!!

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I have had something similar happen before. I ordered a DVD from Amazon Warehouse as "Unopened but may have some slight cosmetic damage." What I received was a DVD still shrink wrapped with a cracked case with a Best Buy price tag!

dietcola

Second Unit
Real Name
les nessman
this sucks. yesterday i unsealed my epik pak of FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE SERIES, bought new from amazon five years ago. looks like a previous return -- all 17 discs covered in fingerprints, scuffs and circle scratches. really trashed. surprisingly, i was able to make a digital copy of everything (the last disc was stubborn and gave read errors until i cleaned it up a bit), but digital files aren't ideal, and i wouldn't trust DVDs in this condition to hold up over time... auuugh!

dagover

Agent
Real Name
Brian
this sucks. yesterday i unsealed my epik pak of FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE SERIES, bought new from amazon five years ago. looks like a previous return -- all 17 discs covered in fingerprints, scuffs and circle scratches. really trashed. surprisingly, i was able to make a digital copy of everything (the last disc was stubborn and gave read errors until i cleaned it up a bit), but digital files aren't ideal, and i wouldn't trust DVDs in this condition to hold up over time... auuugh!

As a fan of FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE SERIES, I feel your pain. I'd love to have a good release of that series, but passed on buying a set. I never trust series sets, unless they're restored and official releases.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Which is why I always open anything I buy as soon as I receive it.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Same policy with me, and I test it to see how it plays, what the artwork looks like inside, how the menus are, etc.

It's tricky though. Sometimes several months after I get a new DVD/Blu ray set I find that a superior set has been announced, or I find a used copy for a big discount. At times like that I wish I had kept the initial purchase sealed so that it could be more easily resold on eBay.

dietcola

Second Unit
Real Name
les nessman
^
yeah. that's my thought, too. although, 95% of my collection was unsealed last year when i switched to space-saving slim cases (artwork stored flat in binders).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks