What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4 (2016-2017) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Anyone's who has missed the second half of this season is missing some great stuff. The show is on fire.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Great episode. Next time we get the Framework episode we've been looking forward to. I had been thinking that Radcliffe was going to express regret, but Aida has now taken care of that.

I was quite surprise that they had an army of Daisy LMDs. That seemed a bit weird, but since she was becoming one of the public faces of SHIELD it could be expected to have backups.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Ugh, six weeks off? If networks wonder why as many people don't watch their product anymore, this is one of the reasons. They have taken a ridiculous number of weeks off. Each time the show does this, it totally kills momentum for me, and when it returns, it takes longer each time for me to get back in the groove.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I've been faithfully watching every episode and I think I'm up to speed on the events. But I I might be unclear on motivations and intentions.

It looks like Radcliffe built himself a Frankenstein and Ada ultimately kills him. At least his physical self so his mind is now in the framework.

She's taking over and running the show and I guess that book has something to do with it and the Russian now has access. Pretty gruesome end for him. And the Hydra thing at the end?

Glad to see the May LMD having enough humanity to do the right thing.

I was reading that this series has one of the highest rates of viewing via streaming. But the traditional rating shows the series is getting dangerously low. Fortunately ABC wants it to continue and succeed and recognizes the series has the viewership. I'm not surprised the core viewership is probably the tech savvy and prefers watching that way. That doesn't address your concern Josh. I agree, taking a month off isn't good.

I guess the LMD threat is over and the next chapter involves Hydra and the fake Ward in the Framework.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Great episode. Next time we get the Framework episode we've been looking forward to. I had been thinking that Radcliffe was going to express regret, but Aida has now taken care of that.

I was quite surprise that they had an army of Daisy LMDs. That seemed a bit weird, but since she was becoming one of the public faces of SHIELD it could be expected to have backups.

Well, the reason they had all those Daisys was to take out all of the Inhumans they were going to bring to the base. They would have "Daisy" interview them because they are comfortable with her, and then she'd exterminate them. Having a large number of Daisys lets them do it all at once.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Ugh, six weeks off? If networks wonder why as many people don't watch their product anymore, this is one of the reasons. They have taken a ridiculous number of weeks off. Each time the show does this, it totally kills momentum for me, and when it returns, it takes longer each time for me to get back in the groove.

Breaks stink, no argument. It was nice when there was just the one, two month-ish break the last two years filled mostly with Agent Carter. Without an Agent Carter to fill the gap they are doing a different format for the season this year. A three act structure to the season with each act running (mostly) uninterrupted with a break between each act. That's not a bad solution.

It would probably be better if they just played all episodes out in one 22 week chunk running October though February. But until the networks can let go of having their main shows run from September through May we're stuck with breaks. I do think the three act season structure is an interesting way to go though.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I very much prefer the new trend (airing "mini-seasons or story entire arcs relatively uninterrupted) over the old way of 3 weeks on, 1 week off, 2 on, 3 off, 1 on, who knows how many off, oh look the show is back hey didn't you know oh you didn't so you missed it, etc.

I don't have any problem getting into a show (or re-entering it) in the mini-season broadcast method, but with the on-and-off-system, I found it more difficult. With mini-arcs, it's easy to remember what happened just the previous week, and the shows generally have an end point (and a teaser for the next starting point) which I can keep in mind over the break.

I suspect that the mini-arc method helps tighten up the writing to a certain extent. I'm sure the actual process is more complicated, but I can imagine it's easier for a producer/showrunner (often the same these days) to hear a story pitch for, say, a 6 episode arc, and then roughly budget/plan for everything.

In a similar vein, it's probably easier for network execs to block a network's season when you know many shows are going to air in uninterrupted blocks. You can fill in the gaps with new shows and limited run specials--themselves with their own blocks.

I don't miss the on-and-off again system for a second.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I didn't realize that a third arc was going to be coming in April - I thought that it was just a straight continuation of LMD. If it's a new storyline, that makes it easier to swallow the break.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
"New story line"? The LMD story is NOT done.
Shit, it's just getting interesting. And, pardon me....Ward? And some of you think this is a GOOD thing???? WARD??????

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Shit, it's just getting interesting. And, pardon me....Ward? And some of you think this is a GOOD thing???? WARD??????

The Framework isn't perfect. It had been showing May in circumstances she didn't like, which caused her to continue to try to escape. Perhaps Ward being present in Daisy's Framework will have a similarly disruptive effect.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, the reason they had all those Daisys was to take out all of the Inhumans they were going to bring to the base. They would have "Daisy" interview them because they are comfortable with her, and then she'd exterminate them. Having a large number of Daisys lets them do it all at once.
That makes sense, though I still have to wonder about all the resources used to build them all. Where did all that come from?

I guess killing all the Inhumans helps protect the Framework (her stated main objective), but it seems weird. I don't think we really know what Aida really wants.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

More like a change in focus for the storyline. It's still part of the larger LMD story, but it looks like it will primarily focus on life in the Framework and trying to get everyone out. Aspects of the first arc continued on through the second. Clearly there are significant aspects of the second that continue through the third.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
It seems that Aida (AKA The Darkhold) chose the regrets that would be "Fixed" in each of their lives. And messed it up, badly. I seriously doubt that Skye regrets Ward not being in her life, or that Carlson really regrets joining S.H.I.E.L.D. Perhaps that is the wedge needed to find a way out of The Framework.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
More like a change in focus for the storyline. It's still part of the larger LMD story, but it looks like it will primarily focus on life in the Framework and trying to get everyone out. Aspects of the first arc continued on through the second. Clearly there are significant aspects of the second that continue through the third.

I think the third part of the season actually is official a third "arc," with the name "(What If?) Agents of Hydra."

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
There's a new episode every week if you're watching from inside the Framework.

No regrets.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Word is Trip will be returning, in the Framework.

More info on the last part of the season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Ward was back in Agents Of Hydra last night.

It was an interesting Framework episode. It looks like they will be in the Framework for a few episodes. I wonder how much "real time" is going to take place while they are there.

"it's a magical place"

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I had a feeling Ward would turn out that way. :)

At the risk of spoiling those who've not seen last night's episode;

This is like the evil universe version of the characters, such as the Mirror Universe on Star Trek.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks