What's new

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4 (2016-2017) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The betrayal in the episode surprised me. We got the theory that the devil who gave Ghost Rider his powers was an alien (out of Childhood's End?). I wonder if we'll get a more concrete explanation.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Looks like it's the devil who gave the Ghost Rider his abilities from tonight's episode. But it still wasn't clear if it really was the devil.

We have to wait til the end of November to see more.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Looks like it's the devil who gave the Ghost Rider his abilities from tonight's episode. But it still wasn't clear if it really was the devil.

We have to wait til the end of November to see more.

Looked like it was Johnny Blaze!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Without having another show to fill a midseason gap, they are unfortunately going to have to have multiple shorter breaks. But I wonder if they want to do something now that ties more closely to Doctor Strange and want to give most of the audience a few weeks to see it first?

I'd actually prefer that references to the movies are only subtle, so I hope not.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was a good episode, but I was a bit surprised at the four-week break. I'd really like to see more with our main cast, Coulsen/May/Mack/etc. But this was one of the better episodes of the season so far. I liked that they referenced Agent Carter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I liked that reference to Agent Carter as well. It gave me futile hope the series could return. Regarding the 4 week break, I totally forgot that Carter could have taken that space. Gosh darn ABC for cancelling it!

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I enjoyed the Agent Carter reference because I was very intrigued by the Dark Matter in that series, and was a bit disappointed that they never really gave it a good explanation. I'm hoping that SHIELD may explore that a bit further now.

After Ghost Rider came clean to his nephew, I was left wondering how he had previously explained the new Charger to him...

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
I hate month long breaks in the middle of a season, I think they are just plain stupid.

I hate them, I hate them, I hate them.

And I don't like to say "I hate" about anything.

I don't care what asinine "ratings" reason they come up with to have them... it's stupid.

I miss the days of the season going straight through with the only breaks being just the week of a holiday - like Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years - and that's it... and right back the next week.

Just why the hell are they taking a bunch of weeks off again? I mean... just... why?

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Actually I'm pleased by show breaks from about now till almost the new year. My DVR has filled up with mostly new shoes that I need to watch a few episodes of to decide whether I want to continue. So this gives me the chance to catch up

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Nice finish the first arc. We knew Ghost Rider would disappear somehow.

I think May isn't dead, but we have a full LMD crisis ahead of us in the new year. Too bad this is the second time May has been "replaced". I wish they had decided to go with someone else.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Actually I'm pleased by show breaks from about now till almost the new year. My DVR has filled up with mostly new shoes that I need to watch a few episodes of to decide whether I want to continue. So this gives me the chance to catch up
Well, now we have a near 4 month break.

I repeat what I said about such breaks earlier. Why not just call them separate seasons now?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Well, now we have a near 4 month break.

I repeat what I said about such breaks earlier. Why not just call them separate seasons now?

The show returns January 10 for 14 more episodes over 4 months.

There are a few articles out there today questioning whether Shield will be renewed for a fifth season.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
The show returns January 10 for 14 more episodes over 4 months.

There are a few articles out there today questioning whether Shield will be renewed for a fifth season.

At the end of the "mid-season finale" they said that the show returns in March. Or did we totally miss-hear that?

It's possible. I might be confusing that with another show's mid-season finale.

Edit: Okay, everything else is saying January 10 for the return too. That's not as bad, and sorry for the freak-out if true.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Totally apologize.

My family watched two shows on DVR the other night. Shield was one, but Once Upon A Time was another one. It was OUAT that doesn't come back until March.

So, that's what I hate.

But Shield is off the hook.

Again, sorry for the false Internet rumor.

(I know I didn't actually start one, but silly comments like mine do tend to be how they start.)

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The resumption after the break has been interesting, Of last night's episode, I have to say that McCafferty was "washed" up there.

I guess next episode we'll find out what Senator Nadeer has been up to. I don't understand why they couldn't have done anything about her Watchdog actions yet.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Am I correct in that the implication of the end of the last episode is that the LMD May doesn't know she is a LMD? I had thought that she was just an 'undercover spy' performing a role, but the revelation that she doesn't know it is certainly interesting.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
On the Previously On..., they replayed the scene of Ada having to forcibly shut down the May LMD to remind you that May LMD thinks she's the real May.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Am I correct in that the implication of the end of the last episode is that the LMD May doesn't know she is a LMD? I had thought that she was just an 'undercover spy' performing a role, but the revelation that she doesn't know it is certainly interesting.
Yes, she didn't know she was an LMD, but at the end of last night's episode she must have some serious questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks