What's new

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4 (2016-2017) (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
So now Agent May is in the Matrix. The last scene I was a little unsure about. I recall her greatest regret from an earlier season revealed she was unable to save that girl. But in the Matrix, she actually does. So I read that as perhaps she's tricked that she saved the girl. Or that she figured out how to beat the Matrix and is on her way out?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I am still surprised that they didn't use any of the Nadeer's Watchdog actions against her. I was disappointed that Radcliffe is working with her now. I am sure, though, that he will betray her when it suits him.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
So now Agent May is in the Matrix. The last scene I was a little unsure about. I recall her greatest regret from an earlier season revealed she was unable to save that girl. But in the Matrix, she actually does. So I read that as perhaps she's tricked that she saved the girl. Or that she figured out how to beat the Matrix and is on her way out?

The way I read it was, Radcliffe and Ada knew that if she kept fighting, she would eventually break free, as shown by the discussion Ada had with May mentioning that they couldn't keep up with the programming.

So in order to pacify her, they realized the reason she was always wanting to fight was because she didn't save the girl in Bahrain. So they programmed it so that she could save her, and thus take away her reason to keep fighting, and thus keep her happy and passive in her simulation, so she wouldn't try to break free.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
They had to go back and give you the full story because their story lines are so convoluted that after every episode, you have to get on the internet to see what the episode was about.

That's why I've dumped this, Supergirl and Legends.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jeff. She was looking rather calm after she saved the girl, so I can see she was at peace.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Good episode last night. The Koenig family was great, especially with the LMD gag - just technicians. Now that Radcliffe has the Darkhold, when will he betray his current allies?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This show has been on a roll since it came back from hiatus. Tonight's is one of the best this season. Really hoping it gets renewed for Season 5.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, a nice episode last night with the appearance of Nitro there. Nadeer finally got what she deserved, though I would have preferred seeing her locked up. I was wondering why SHIELD didn't let it known that it was a Watchdog person who blew up the Senator's office. Maybe next time.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Yes, a nice episode last night with the appearance of Nitro there. Nadeer finally got what she deserved, though I would have preferred seeing her locked up. I was wondering why SHIELD didn't let it known that it was a Watchdog person who blew up the Senator's office. Maybe next time.
Well, even though it was a Watchdog agent, it still was an Inhuman that caused the damage.....

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thought last night's Coulson-centered episode was great. I often think he doesn't get enough to do, and this made up for that. The second half of this season has been full of great episodes.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Questions - 1) where did Radcliffe & Aida get all the raw materials to make the LMDs? Since the Superior didn't approve of LMDs in the first place, did he really help them start putting more of them together?

2) What is the motivation with filling SHIELD with LMDs? I guess it is some corruption by the Darkhold, but it really does not seem to make sense.

Capturing Daisy and replacing her doesn't seem to make much sense. First off, the LMD won't have her powers. Second, why she is in the Framework will her use of powers there have any repercussions in the real world? I can see her shaking the sub (assuming that's where they are) without knowing it.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Starting to get a little confusing. At this point they could pretty much retro-actively plausibly say that anyone on the show was an LMD all along, which kind of seems a cheap cop out.

Anyway, given the way LMDs don't know they're LMDs and contain all the originals memories, etc, wouldn't the prudent thing for FitzSimmons to do would be to immediately go to Coulson and co and give them proof that they're LMDs? Something like, "Hey Guys, look at this, you all got replaced, you should quarantine yourselves immediately." Probably won't happen though. :D

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Starting to get a little confusing. At this point they could pretty much retro-actively plausibly say that anyone on the show was an LMD all along, which kind of seems a cheap cop out.

In my opinion, it seems this arc might be an attempt to re-image the comic arc where everyone was replaced by Skrulls ("Secret Invasion").

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Or is it possible that Coulson et al are genuine and Fitz & Simmons are the LMD's?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I was actually really surprised that the twist wasn't that they all were in the framework - that made more sense to me than them being LMDs.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I was actually really surprised that the twist wasn't that they all were in the framework - that made more sense to me than them being LMDs.
That's where I thought it was going as well, just because of the neat and tidy way everything came together (other than the sub getting away). The whole conversation between Fitz and Simmons about the time mismatches also led me down that path. Didn't see the LMD twist coming.

Last edited:

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Well, that was my favourite episode of the series so far. Great set up for the sprint to the season finale, starting the first week of April.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks