What's new

Aerosmith cancelled 4 hours before the show!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Travis D

Second Unit
If you were to touch me right now, you would feel the cold fire of hell's rage burning your flesh. That is because the Aerosmith concert I was about to go to was cancelled just 4 fucking hours before the show! Reason being (if you can beleive this) the civic center's scoreboard fell through Aerosmith's stage. Just one more reason I hate the civic center. Give me the openess of my beloved Oak Mountain Ampitheatre anyday.

They will have the show at a latter date, but will I be able to get off work? Oh God I'm angry!

Feel free to share similar circumstances and stories below. Well, I'm off to rent 6 movies and eat a pizza. That's what I call anger management.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Never been to a show that was cancelled because a part of the arena fell down... but I went to see Guns'N'Roses once, and they were over 2 hours late. Nobody knew why, but it was revealed later that Axl apparently just was having a good time in a bar and refused to go on stage. Nice.

/Mike

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
aerosmith played here in town.. I guess the old kodger (tyler) has a doctor off stage to give him vitamin injections during the show..

small price to pay for rockin it at 50-something I guess

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Travis

That really sucks. Aerosmith was going to do a show here in October but cancelled way in advance due to a conflict with a video shoot. Like they didn't know about the video shoot before the tickets went on sale. Rumour has it was due to their Dodge sponsership and the stadium being named General Motors Place.

I was ticked. I had floor seats too.. No rescheduled date just cancelled.

ARGH..

ryan davis

Stunt Coordinator
I had front row seats to see black eyed peas/de la soul/wyclef john this year. They ended up cancelling the show because there "werent enough stage hands". We found out about this about 30 minutes away from the arena when they announced it on the radio. Needless to say i was quite angry.

EugeneR

Second Unit
That's nothing. I was in London at the arena to see Pink Floyd when seats in the back collapsed 10 seconds into the concert and it was cancelled. The make up show was rescheduled for when I was going to be out of the country. Did I mention that by a miracle my friend purchased (at face value) front row center seats for the sold out show the day before? I guess it could've been worse--the people sitting next to us flew in from Australia for the show.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Only show ever postponed on me was The Who at Madison Square 'cause Keith Moon had some virus. They played the very next night tho,...Moon had a plastic can to puke in..but they went on with the show!

Last appearance for Moon in NYC.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Ahhh, I can so relate.
My wife and I loved A-ha back in the day and got tickets to see them in concert.
We drove to the show only to find the bill-board at the parking lot enterance saying, show canceled.
We got out money back, but never did find out why.
Peace Out~:D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Ahhh, I can so relate.
My wife and I loved A-ha back in the day and got tickets to see them in concert.
We drove to the show only to find the bill-board at the parking lot enterance saying, show canceled.
We got out money back, but never did find out why.
perhaps their 15 minutes ended shortly before the concert? :D
hehe couldn't resist ;)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Here's one for you. I had tickets to the Houston stop of Simon & Garfunkel's reunion tour in 1983. The day of the concert, Hurricane Alicia blew into town, and of course, the show was cancelled. We hoped for a make-up date, but Paul & Art had another falling out near the end of the tour and that was that. I really doubt that they'll ever tour together again... :frowning:

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Although the list of bands I have seen are not as big as the ones mentioned above I was ticked off when Voodoo Glow Skulls cancelled 10 min. before the show was going to start. It was the only reason I payed the 7 bucks to get in.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
How's this....

Me and me girl flew to knoxville, TN to see the EAGLEs.

Got off the plane and rented the car and drove to the hotel.

Upon entering, I got a funny feeling about the concert. I asked at the counter about tonights concert and directions to get to the arena. I was then informed by the check-in employeee that the show had been reschuled.

We rushed back to the airport to see if we could get back home.

Funny to say, we spent 10 hours in flight time and lay overs that day.

Upside was that we exchanged our tickets for 13 row dead center for the rescheduled event.

Dugger

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Travis,
It sucks when shows are cancelled right before showtime. But for something like a scoreboard falling down, be thankful that it didn't happen during the show. Think of all the people that could have been killed & injured. :frowning:
Peace--Joe

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
This didn't happen to me, but it's an amusing story I read.

At a Dream Theater concert, the club sold more tickets than the place had room for. Somehow, the local fire marshall found out, and came by with the cops. He demanded the concert end and everyone evacuated because they were exceeding capacity limits and it was a fire hazard.

As the band was playing their ballad "The Spirit Carries On," the singer got called off the stage to talk to the cops. The band played on, and the audience sang all the words together (DT fans are a loyal bunch). The concert was cut short, and when the audience was evacuated, their were a whole bunch of cops on the street, apparently concerned that a bunch of teenage metal-heads would cause trouble. Of course, nothing happened.

Club owners are notoriously vicious and stupid.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I was in the Washington D.C. area this summer in part to see Radiohead. I had tickets for the Sunday show. Their Saturday concert was rained out, and I made all sorts of phone calls Sunday morning to see if that performance was still going to happen. After a lot more work than should have been necessary, I learned that Sunday's show was also cancelled. No make-up date. I would have driven the six hours or so back for it, but nope, no luck there.

Alex Shk

Stunt Coordinator
Sometime in the mid 90's a "Smashing Pumpkins" concert I had tickets to was canceled due to the drummer being "involved" is someone's O.D. (or something like that). I believe they canned him. Concert was postponed for several months. The opening act was originally "Garbage", who were replaced by someone I cannot recall...

Early 80's - Calderone Concert Hall Long Island (an old converted 2,000 seat movie house). Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes cancelled at show time (actually about a half hour AFTER - with the crowd still outside on line). It seems the hall owners didn't pay insurance, electricity, taxes, EVERYTHING. They went belly up. To their credit - the band personally announced the cancellation to the crowd, apologized profusely, and signed autographs.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"be thankful that it didn't happen during the show"

exacty!

It would be quite memorable though.

Brent L

KrisM

Second Unit
I had tickets to see the Four Horsemen, went to the show and found out when I ordered my first beer that the show was cancelled because the band had signed a new contract and the drummer celebrated it bit too much and O.D.'d. They rebooked the show a few months later only this time the singer was different. Turns out that he was riding his motorcycle, got hit by a car and was in a coma. I also had tickets(printed by Ticketmaster) to De La Soul and that gig was cancelled. The people at the venue said that it was never booked for a concert on that date.

KrisM

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
I have a few, actually:

In 1995, I had second-row tickets to see Boston at Louisville Gardens (a small arena - only about 7,000 seats), but the band cancelled pretty much all the non-coastal dates of their tour a couple of weeks before the show was due to happen; I think it was because they were musically rusty and physically not in shape to tour as hard as they used to.

In September 1996, I had seventh-row tickets to see the Dave Matthews Band at Starwood Amphitheatre (now Amsouth Music Center) in Nashville (I was living in Bowling Green, KY--about 50 miles from Nashville--at the time). My then-girlfriend, the DMB superfan, came down from Louisville for the Wednesday night show, and while we were driving around B.G., killing time before meeting the friends we were driving to Nashville with, we heard on the radio that the show had been cancelled due to the shocking death of the bass player's infant daughter. The show was rescheduled (as were about three weeks' worth of shows) for late October, and while a good show, it was about a week later than the last day warm enough to stand outside for so long watching a rock concert. But, like I said, it was a heck of a show (and I'm not, by any stretch, a Dave Matthews follower).

Finally, and not quite the same (but still of interest), in August 1994, I had a pair of $40 (the middle price at the time) upper-deck tickets to see the Rolling Stones at the HoosierDome (renamed the RCADome between when I bought my tickets and when the show happened, but I'm still gonna call it HoosierDome, 'cause Mick did during the show). When we got there, to head to our seats in Upper Level Row 20, we found a large curtain strung around the upper deck at about Row 14 (it was only the third or fourth show of the Voodoo Lounge tour, and as there was probably some doubt among fans as to whether the band could still do it like they used to, the show was not a sellout). There was a woman at a table outside the ramp to our section, and she informed us that TicketMaster wasn't supposed to sell tickets to those high rows. She took our $40 tickets and exchanged them for $50 (then the top price--those were the days) lower-level seats, so it all worked out in the end. The new seats were still a football field away from the stage (literally), but it was one heck of a show.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
At a Dream Theater concert, the club sold more tickets than the place had room for. Somehow, the local fire marshall found out, and came by with the cops. He demanded the concert end and everyone evacuated because they were exceeding capacity limits and it was a fire hazard.
This show was immortalized on the last DT fan club CD, which has a recording of "The Spirit Carries On" at this show. Quite entertaining.

The show, I believe, was in San Francisco.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks