What's new

A/V Wall Plates (1 Viewer)

Joe_Papeo

Stunt Coordinator
Here is what I plan on running in-wall in each of 2 rooms. I am looking for as clean a finish as possible and also want to run what I can now while one wall is open.

1:

I have:
Panasonic 50" Plasma (60U)

I am hanging this above my fireplace. Just ripped the sheetrock down. Re-framing it and running all of my wires into a closet on the left of the fireplace. I need to run my wiring from the closet to the wall.

Plans:
Fireplace wall:
1 Panamax single outlet surge protector
1 panamax add-on with 5 coax connections (RGBYW)
1 (dual) HDMI Wall Plate
1 (dual) RJ6 wall plate

Questions:
Do I need to run a digital audio wire since all my components will be in the closet?
Am I missing anything?
I plan on using the RGBYW as component and the YW as left/right 2 channel audio. Possible?
Can anyone point me to somewhere to buy wall plates? I have found a few but am open to suggestions.

Room 2 (Kitchen)

I have:
26" LCD with multiple connections (hdmi, DVI, etc)
Dell Computer in a kitchen cabinet below

I will use the LCD as both a computer and TV. I may cable card the TV so I would go direct with an RJ6 cable.

I will also use the LCD as a computer monitor. I can go DVI->HDMI for video and RCA for audio. Am I missing something for audio? Anything extra I should run?

ShelbyB

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased all of my wall plates at Home Depot. They have them in a variety of styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks