What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A question for Mr. Belston or Mr Finn (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Noach Kowalski said:
Fox movies I'd love be released on blu-ray: Nightmare Alley (1947) Where the Sidewalk Ends (1950) Leave Her to Heaven (1945) My Darling Clementine (1946) The Snake Pit (1948) 5 Fingers (1952) The Flight of the Phoenix (1965) The Blue Max (1966) The Incident (1967) Emperor of the North (1973) The Driver (1978) The King of Comedy (1983) I hope you take tese titles into consideration.
12 months later, you must be very pleased with Twilight Time who have released three of these titles.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Matt Hough said:
I wonder if Criterion still holds the rights for Fox's Pickup on South Street? That wonderful film NEEDS to be on Blu-ray.
It's still in print so yes. Doubt there's much incentive for anyone to do a new transfer on that one.

clambake

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jamie
Moe Dickstein said:
It's still in print so yes. Doubt there's much incentive for anyone to do a new transfer on that one.
I was just curious, when you say that are you talking like demand wise? Or more along the lines of quality?

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Todd J Moore said:
Mr. Belston or Mr. Finn, I am a huge fan of Steve McQueen and specifically THE SAND PEBBLES. While you put out a very fine blu ray of the shortened version a few years ago, I was wondering if there was any chance of the Roadshow version being cleaned up and put to Blu Ray? I have both the blu and the 2 disc DVD of this movie and would love to see the Roadshow version cleaned up. Thank you for taking the time to ponder my question.
I'll second this request.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Moe Dickstein said:
There's enough. Probably not top priority, but Criterion released Samuel Fuller's The Naked Kiss and Shock Corridor in short order. I'm sure Criterion is planning it sooner or later.

I've also been curious about about the Jules Dassin films. Criterion still has the rights to all 5 of this films from Brute Force to Rififi. They could try to release his last four American films in a boxed set. Of those, I'd like to see Night and the City the most.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
lifeboat_1944-alfred-hitchcock-w-tallulah-bankhead.jpg

any chance this is coming out in the states via Fox, TT or Criterion?

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
dana martin said:
lifeboat_1944-alfred-hitchcock-w-tallulah-bankhead.jpg

any chance this is coming out in the states via Fox, TT or Criterion?
Have you picked up the Aussie release of this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifeboat-Blu-Ray-Hume-Cronyn/dp/B00DQJYW6A/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1406722634&sr=8-10&keywords=lifeboat+blu+ray

Despite the labeling, it is confirmed region-free. I have it and also confirmed via a rep from Shock/VEG (the distributors) that they licensed the same transfer used by Masters of Cinema for their Region B release. It's actually a very nice transfer with lossless audio and a few extras.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Would love to hear from James Finn again. I'm sure we would have some questions for him.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Matt Hough said:
I wonder if Criterion still holds the rights for Fox's Pickup on South Street? That wonderful film NEEDS to be on Blu-ray.

Zone B locked but coming soon:

Pick-up On South Street.jpg

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
If Mr. Belston or Mr. Finn are still available, perhaps they can say why the original FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX still doesn't have a Blu-ray release.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
trajan said:
Would love to hear from James Finn again. I'm sure we would have some questions for him.

Indeed! And that might be why no one from Fox visits here anymore. Certainly, there can be nothing more exhausting than responding to endless queries of:

"Why isn't Fill In The Blank on blu ray yet?"

"Fill In The Blank needs to be remastered, the current blu ray is too orange"

"Is there a chance of Fox releasing a Fill In The Blank box set?"

"Why did you release Fill In The Blank with no extras, not even a trailer?"

"Why did you release Fill In The Blank in mono, it was stereo when I saw it in the theater"

"Why do you release minor movies like Fill In The Blank on blu when such Oscar winning classics like Your Name In This Space are still not on blu?"

"Why did Fox transfer Fill In The Blank from a 35mm source rather than the original 70mm negative?"

"Why is Jane Doe's dress in Fill In The Blank violet? It should be lavender. Fox needs to recall this disc and correct it"

"Is there any chance of getting the longer European cut of Fill In The Blank on blu?"

"Fill In The Blank is in the wrong aspect ratio of 1.78, it should be 1.77!"

"I know that Fill In The Blank was just released last week but are there any plans for a 25 anniversary edition next year?"

"Is there any possibility of converting Fill In The Blank to 3D?"

Lovely! Who wouldn't want to address an endless series of the same questions over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks