What's new

A question for Mr. Belston or Mr Finn (1 Viewer)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Give the rights to the TV Series Peyton Place to MPI. Time/Life is another. I have nothing else to say except the MOD program is getting a great deal of bad press here and preventing me from buying many movies I would so like to have.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I believe Wilson was restored by the Academy a few years ago for their Great to Be Nominated series. It's never been given a DVD release and would be a great title to release on Bluray, the elements should be in ready-to-use shape if Fox works with the Academy to access their print.
Wilson was nominated for 10 Academy Awards
Best Picture
Best Director
Best Actor
Best Original Screenplay
Best Score
Best Special Effects
Best Cinematography
Best Editing
Best Art Direction
Best Sound
It won the five categories in bold.
2012 saw the release of Lincoln, like Wilson, and it earned nearly all the same nominations as Wilson, interesting that both are about former presidents, single word titles with just their last names! At the time Alexander Knox was considered a LOCK for the win, much like Daniel Day Lewis is considered a lock for this years win. The industry was shocked when Bing Crosby won instead.
Wilson is a terrific high prestige bio-pic with lovely technicolor, excellent performances and great editing by Barbara McLean (until recently she held a record number of nominations in editing and would be an interesting subject for a special feature) in the montage convention/election sections of the film.

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Fox movies I'd love be released on blu-ray: Nightmare Alley (1947) Where the Sidewalk Ends (1950) Leave Her to Heaven (1945) My Darling Clementine (1946) The Snake Pit (1948) 5 Fingers (1952) The Flight of the Phoenix (1965) The Blue Max (1966) The Incident (1967) Emperor of the North (1973) The Driver (1978) The King of Comedy (1983) I hope you take tese titles into consideration.

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Hello Mr. Belston, Any news on the United Artists films MGM/UA distributes through FOX? Will we see any UA catalog titles this year (2013)?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by GMpasqua
Hello Mr. Belston,
Any news on the United Artists films MGM/UA distributes through FOX?
Will we see any UA catalog titles this year (2013)?
In addition to the Woody Allen films being released this month?

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
MattH. said:
In addition to the Woody Allen films being released this month?
Actually, Hannah and Her Sisters were produced by Orion not UA. Speaking of UA, Fox will release The Pink Panther Collection on Blu-ray this year., with all Sellers films included, plus cartoons.

4000dvds2many

Auditioning
Real Name
M Starks
As far as FOX goes, I would buy these in a heartbeat: The Michael Shayne films (hopefully including the unreleased ones) Leave Her to Heaven Nightmare Alley BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS (Oh please, please, please!) Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte And if UNIVERSAL and PARAMOUNT would EVER give a damn about their classic film fans, two films are WAY overdue on ANY format: THE UNINVITED THE NIGHT WALKER

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Mr. Belston or Mr. Finn,
First of all I would like to thank FOX for the vote program currently going on, what a wonderful way to get the classic film enthusiast involved in such great releases. But I did have a few questions that cannot be answered with the titles listed, and some of us on the forum have discussed one certain character, that would be Charlie Chan. I have the DVD collections, and truly the extra work that went into the presentation shows thru. Between the films that FOX has control of along with the MGM controlled is the bulk of the Chan’s
WB does have control of the remaining Chan films and put out a very decent first set, but has been very quiet about releasing the 7 remaining films.
My question gentlemen is this, are there any plans to release these in the Blu format, box sets, or one completely awesome set much like the Bond films were, if an agreement with WB could be made to include the films that they have control of, would only add more to this idea.
Charlie Chan 1929- 1949

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Mr. Belston or Mr. Finn, I am immensely grateful for your decision to allow voting for Fox Classics on Blu Ray. I have one question; when can we expect to see a release of Cavalcade on BD? Thanks, Leon

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Mr. Belston or Mr. Finn, I am a huge fan of Steve McQueen and specifically THE SAND PEBBLES. While you put out a very fine blu ray of the shortened version a few years ago, I was wondering if there was any chance of the Roadshow version being cleaned up and put to Blu Ray? I have both the blu and the 2 disc DVD of this movie and would love to see the Roadshow version cleaned up. Thank you for taking the time to ponder my question.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Hello Mr Finn - Hope you have time to comment on a few questions. Is AGONY AND THE ECSTASY still on track for a 2014 release? Will you be releasing TODD-AO versions of DOCTOR DOLITTLE and STAR! sometime in the near future? Any chance of getting THE BLUE MAX? Best regards, Larry Bender[Trajan].

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Lromero1396 said:
Mr. Belston or Mr. Finn, I am immensely grateful for your decision to allow voting for Fox Classics on Blu Ray. I have one question; when can we expect to see a release of Cavalcade on BD? Thanks, Leon
"Cavalcade" is slated for release in August, as far as I know.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
trajan said:
Hello Mr Finn - Hope you have time to comment on a few questions. Is AGONY AND THE ECSTASY still on track for a 2014 release? Will you be releasing TODD-AO versions of DOCTOR DOLITTLE and STAR! sometime in the near future? Any chance of getting THE BLUE MAX? Best regards, Larry Bender[Trajan].
I really would like to see Doctro Dolittle. I have the Golden Records album with the song and my kids like to sing along with it. I'm sure that they would dig the movie.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I saw on the TVShows form that Fox licensed the obscure cartoon series The Super 6 to TGG on behalf of MGM. Fox has done a great job licensing MGM properties to places like TGG, but how about licensing Fox properties. It would be great if you could get the cartoon series of Journey to the Center of the Earth released that way.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
It has been about a year since I asked about the status of STAR!---AGONY AND ECSTASY--- and DOCTOR DOLITTLE Maybe Mr Finn could give us an update.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
Stephen PI said:
Is there any chance in the future, despite it being in public domain, that we will ever get a new transfer of "Beneath the Twelve-Mile Reef" along with the original 4.0 soundtrack? Also all the other Herrmann scored films such as "King of the Khyber Rifles", "Prince of Players", "White Witch Doctor", "Five Fingers" etc. etc.
A big 'thank you' to the restoration team at Fox for giving "Beneath the Twelve-Mile Reef" the attention it deserves. I have just finished watching it and I thought it looked and sounded wonderful.
I hope one day that the original 4.0 soundtrack will surface (no pun intended) and hopefully will be accompanied by a blu-ray release.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
Stephen PI said:
A big 'thank you' to the restoration team at Fox for giving "Beneath the Twelve-Mile Reef" the attention it deserves. I have just finished watching it and I thought it looked and sounded wonderful.
I hope one day that the original 4.0 soundtrack will surface (no pun intended) and hopefully will be accompanied by a blu-ray release.
Sorry, this should have gone in the dvd thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks