What's new

A Few Words About A few words about... To Kill a Mockingbird (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Ron, have you read the book? If you haven't, I'd recommend it since it's much richer than the movie and better in my opinion.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

No worries. I temper the input I get here with a little common sense and take my own tastes into account as well. :D

Still, I visit a few different forums and I'd have to say that my tastes fall more in line with the members here than any other place I visit. Most of the blind buys I make are based off of the excitment I see around here. If I see people getting excited about a title on another site, I always see what people are saying here before jumping into things. That's not to say some of the other sites don't have their benefits, I just don't visit them for movie recommendations.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I just got done watching this (and to think, I have to be somewhere in three hours).

My eyes welled up when Scout asks Jem about their mother, and Atticus is sitting on the porch swing.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Steve, I've always been a big admirer of yours, going all the way back to the "DVDResource.com" days, but sometimes you do frighten me. :)

Seriously, though. I'm glad you finally got to see this one, Ron. As you noted, it's truly an amazing film.

David D H

Auditioning
I've only ever seen this at the cinema and the print was in appalling condition. Unfortunately, I think it was because of this that I felt unmoved by the film. Mainly because there was a big picture hop when we first see Boo, which cut out about five or more seconds and because there was a problem with the audio over the last word of the film.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The quintessential "lawyer as idealist" film. It makes a great double bill with "The Verdict", so you can see both ends of the spectrum.

I'm going to pick this one up.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
The Region 2 Special Edition of To Kill A Mockingbird is due on November 28th, 2005.

And the thing that struck my eye the most re. the R.2 release are the almost-unbelievable 25 different subtitle options........

English, English SDH, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croation, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish. :eek:

Plus 7 different language (audio) tracks......

English, French, Italian, German and Spanish Mono; plus English 5.1 Surround; plus the Commentary track.

The only words I can muster after seeing all that are.....

HOLY MACKEREL!!

(Either that or: "Are they pulling our legs with this subtitle overload?")

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=59097

The Region 1 TKAM is a fabulous DVD set (despite having a mere 3 subtitling options, instead of 25 of them :)). Great packaging too -- even though it lacks a slipcover for the fold-out case. IMO, the only DVD case/packaging that's been better than "TKAM" in 2005 is the "Titanic" ('97) three-disc set, which comes in an extremely nice slipcase box. As sturdy a slipcover as you're likely to find for any release. Nice & Classy looking.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Is there any room left on the disc for video or audio? :)

- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks