What's new

A few words about…™ The Crusades – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Sidney Franklin directed The Barretts of Wimpole Street in 1934 and 1957.
Yes. Same musical score re-used and I think it has the same screenplay. One we need on blu ray ie the Cinemascope - perspecta stereo version filmed in England.
William Wyler directed the Code-altered version of THE CHILDREN'S HOUR, retitled THESE THREE in 1936 and then the more faithful remake in 1961. Miriam Hopkins played Martha in the first film and Martha's selfish aunt in the remake.
Geirge Cukor directed WHAT PRICE
HOLLYWOOD?, regarded as the film which all versions of A STAR IS BORN originated from. He also did-in my opinion - the best remake starring Judy Garland and James Mason in 1954.
Walter Lang was the original director slated for the 1962 remake of his 1945 STATE FAIR and Don Ameche was supposed to be teamed alongside Alice Faye. This fell through and Jose Ferrer helmed the hit-and-miss remake with Tom Ewell replacing Ameche, much to Miss Faye's disdain!

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Robert Harris's listing of The Ten Commandments twice in the initial post above got me to thinking: Is there any other director who made THREE different versions of the same story besides DeMille? ("The Squaw Man" 1914, 1918, and 1931)
I found another director who can lay claim to that title: Michael Curtiz. The 1932 film Alias the Doctor was a remake of two previous adaptations of the same story: The Charlatan in 1917 (from Hungary) and Nameless from 1923 (from Austria and a lost film).

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Robert Harris's listing of The Ten Commandments twice in the initial post above got me to thinking: Is there any other director who made THREE different versions of the same story besides DeMille? ("The Squaw Man" 1914, 1918, and 1931)
Lewis Gilbert - You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks