Real Name
Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just tried to order CFTBL. Since the website said to call a number for latest pricing, I called. After many rings I got a message saying to leave a message. The mailbox was full and unable to take a message and then the system hung up on me.

I’m not impressed with their business operation so far. Has anyone purchased from them and received the product?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I just tried to order CFTBL. Since the website said to call a number for latest pricing, I called. After many rings I got a message saying to leave a message. The mailbox was full and unable to take a message and then the system hung up on me.

I’m not impressed with their business operation so far. Has anyone purchased from them and received the product?
I‘ve had a couple of chats, as have others. I believe there’s currently one person in the office.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yesterday evening Tom called me even though I had not left a message. I ended up buying CFTBL. I asked about the Mummy just to be sure they were out and Tom told me he could sell 25 quickly if he had them.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
A few more details from our conversation. The video showing the process is a demo recently made and was done to illustrate the process. After all, these posters were made in the 90’s, an eon ago. He said if I wanted to buy more than one poster, they would be $139 each and would be shipped in one tube. Shipping for the tube is $45. Between the extra $$ not fitting our budget and not having a spot for another poster, I had to reluctantly decline.

And, yeah, they’ve got those 3-sheets of King Kong, some autographed. I wished I had asked why they don’t put them on the website instead of keeping them kinda secret. I’d love to have one of those but no place to display it and not enough $$ in the wallet.

Last edited:

Tom Doyle

Insider
Real Name
Tom
Has anyone here purchased and have in their possession one of these posters? Are you happy with it? Tomorrow I’m going to try to hurdle the WAF. I have my eye on The Creature From the Black Lagoon.

I wonder what King Kong signed by Fay Wray went for?
Hi Johnny, order is on it's way.

Tom Doyle

Insider
Real Name
Tom
Hi All, I'm new to HTF, my name is Tom Doyle, owner of Scottsdale Art Group. Robert Harris introduced me, thank you Robert. I couldn't be more pleased to connect with this community. We have the beautifully recreated S2 lithographic movie posters at a great value. These were created using the historic techniques of honored master printers, a lost art form now a days. You can see and feel the quality. Please visit https://scottsdaleartgroup.com/ click on the tab "Art of the Movies" to preview the inventory of these classic high quality Movie posters.

Offering Discounts to HTF members for multipiece purchases.

Looking forward to working with you.

Tom Doyle
Scottsdale Art Group
[email protected]
480 294 3990

BTW - We do have a few King Kong's signed by Fay Wray - photo's attached. Please call or email to discuss availability, pricing and any questions you may have, I'm always working.

Attachments

• Fay & Kong.jpg
    Fay & Kong.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Fay Wray Signing.jpg
    Fay Wray Signing.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Fay Wray, King.JPG
    Fay Wray, King.JPG
    459 KB · Views: 30
  • fay-wray-vintage-hollywood.jpg
    fay-wray-vintage-hollywood.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 34
  • King Kong - Signed Fay Wray.JPG
    King Kong - Signed Fay Wray.JPG
    589.6 KB · Views: 33

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
As Tom said, my order is on the way. I’ll let you know what I think. It looks like I can’t by a ready made frame that is archival quality, so I’ll have to find a local framer.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
As Tom said, my order is on the way. I’ll let you know what I think. It looks like I can’t by a ready made frame that is archival quality, so I’ll have to find a local framer.

Excellent quality at reasonable prices for movie poster frames.

Tom Doyle

Insider
Real Name
Tom
I‘ve had a couple of chats, as have others. I believe there’s currently one person in the office.
Hi Johnny, sorry about missing that initial call. Robert is right, I do it all.....depending on the call volume my voicemail can be full. I make every possible effort to return any missed calls. Thanks for the order and please make sure to let me know your thoughts on quality of CFBL, talk soon.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Excellent quality at reasonable prices for movie poster frames.
I haven’t ordered a frame yet. There’s an article on their site extolling the virtues of high quality plexiglass over glass. Glass is heavier and attracts heat. I even think they’re ok with the glass touching the print. Does this seem ok to you? I’m giving them strong consideration.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
@Scottsdale Art Group Tom, I think members would be interested in reading more about your movie posters. For instance, when they were produced and any other history you might know. How did your company come to acquire them.

BTW, did you ever figure out the weight of the paper for the posters?

Reactions: PMF

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I haven’t ordered a frame yet. There’s an article on their site extolling the virtues of high quality plexiglass over glass. Glass is heavier and attracts heat. I even think they’re ok with the glass touching the print. Does this seem ok to you? I’m giving them strong consideration.

Yes, Plexiglas is the way to go for pieces like movie posters. Less weight, less heat, some UV light resistance, easier to handle. All of my posters are under Plexiglas and I even replaced the plain glass with plexi in several frames that I acquired years and years ago. If you order from them, wait until you get the posters so you can measure accurately, they'll cut to any size (and you want to overcut the frame ever so slightly - maybe an eighth of an inch or so - to allow for the paper to expand, otherwise you'll get wrinkles as it absorbs moisture). Yes, the paper can touch the plexi with no ill effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks