What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Almost all sci-fi/horror original posters are expensive, at least for the popular ones because they're getting scare in great condition.

When I had my one sheets framed, I went with the most prominent color in the picture...big mistake, should have all been black.

I had a spot for 6 frames, so I would trade them out every couple months, that's where the frame color became a problem.

My last home, I had space for 12 one sheets. I had all Harryhausen's, that's why he came to my home to see them. That's him in my den in my avatar.

Sold them all (didn't want my family to mess with them after I passed) except for the 6 SUPERMANS that line the wall now to my HT. I had 6 -3 sheets, but never got around to buying the frame and hanging.

I miss the collecting and bidding on eBay.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I had my one sheets framed, I went with the most prominent color in the picture...big mistake, should have all been black.
I’m glad you wrote that. I ordered all black for my posters. It pains me a little that you sold all those Harryhausens. I’m keeping my posters till six of my friends (if we can find that many) are carrying me by the handles. :D

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
How will you frame them?

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I’m glad you wrote that. I ordered all black for my posters. It pains me a little that you sold all those Harryhausens. I’m keeping my posters till six of my friends (if we can find that many) are carrying me by the handles. :D

Also had the original pressbooks for each one including the Dell comic that came out for whatever movie it was for...sold 'em all.

ahollis

Premium
Real Name
Allen
I just revived King Kong (autographed). I am completely satisfied with the the way it was handled, shipped and revived. Tomorrow, it’s off to get framed and I have a perfect spot for it. Pictures coming soon. Thank you Tom!

Tom Doyle

Insider
Real Name
Tom
Your Welcome Allen, thanks for sharing. The HTF community has been a pleasure a work with, thank you ALL.

Reactions: PMF

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just revived King Kong (autographed). I am completely satisfied with the the way it was handled, shipped and revived. Tomorrow, it’s off to get framed and I have a perfect spot for it. Pictures coming soon. Thank you Tom!
Was it shipped in a tube? That would be a big tube. Like Robert, I’m envious, but I chose to remain a married man. :D

ahollis

Premium
Real Name
Allen
Was it shipped in a tube? That would be a big tube. Like Robert, I’m envious, but I chose to remain a married man. :D
It was rolled and shipped in a very large tube. It took me a couple of days to go for for it, but all it can do is increase in value. Today I take it in for framing.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It was rolled and shipped in a very large tube. It took me a couple of days to go for for it, but all it can do is increase in value. Today I take it in for framing.
Frame a 3-sheet? That will cost you but you’re gonna love it. Post pictures.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I fear these will be showing up on eBay at exorbitant prices in the near future. These are art lithos, on heavy stock, hand produced, not 4-color copies. Apparently produced in the hundreds, not thousands. The images below are a couple that I ordered.
Your fears have been confirmed. On eBay, the Mummy is selling for almost $3900. King Kong is $4900 and The Kid is $4900. I use “selling” loosely, there are asking prices and then there are selling prices.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The posters are up! They are gorgeous. I feel very lucky to have gotten an S2 of The Mummy. It was sold out at two places and when I called Hollywood Posters and I talked about the S2 posters she told me she had a “proof” of The Mummy. She had asked for an example of their work and they sent her the proof. I’m not collecting, I bought it to display, so if it’s not worth as much, I don’t care.

1615923864080.jpeg

1615924287520.jpeg

1615924338110.jpeg
1615924370227.jpeg

Attachments

• 1615924113846.jpeg
    1615924113846.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics