PMF

Cinematographer
Supporter
Real Name
Philip
A 4K/UHD of anything shot by Robert Richardson will always capture my attentions.

Albeit, "The Doors" came out of Tri-Star; it would still be a welcomed addition to see Universal put out a 4K/UHD of "Snow Falling on Cedars" (1999). "Snow Falling on Cedars" was Robert Richardson's 4th of 9 Oscar nominations and his only AMPAS work that never received a BD release.

Robert Richarson's Oscar Nominations:

"Platoon" (1986)
"Born on the 4th of July" (1989)
"JFK" (1991)*
"Snow Falling on Cedars" (1999)
"The Aviator" (2004)*
"Inglorious Basterds (2009)
"Hugo" (2011)*
"Django Unchained" (2012)
"The Hateful Eight" (2015)

More, more, more of Robert Richardson on 4K/UHD !!:thumbs-up-smiley:

(*) Denotes Oscar Win

Last edited:

Billy Batson

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I saw this for the first time only last year, & loved it, a bravura piece of film making (although unfair to Jim Morrison, I'm sure he didn't act like a looney all the time)…& now I know where the naked American Indian came from in Wayne's World 2 :)

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
The Doors were one of my favorite rock groups (and I mostly dislike rock), and I felt they had a unique point of view.

I may never have found myself in the Light My Fire ecstacy, but I remember well driving an old truck around the drive-in theater where I was the projectionist (summer of 67), finding and fixing speakers that had broken. I played The Doors album through the sound system so I could find the broken ones.

Then came Stanford, and from my perch there, I watched Morrison and many others overdo it. It is as though they took their own music too seriously as a pattern for their lives. Too many interesting people lost too young.

titch

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
The Doors made spectacular albums. I have all the quadrophonic SACDs.

Oliver Stone is one of the great American maverick directors and screenwriters. He is almost always interesting, regardless if he's made or written the screenplay for a great film or turkey (the exception being that dreadful Alexander, every single version of it). I remember being really bored with The Doors when I saw it all those years ago, but maybe it's worth another look? I haven't decided yet. I'm more anticipating the forthcoming 4K disc of Scarface.

Reactions: PMF

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
A 4K/UHD of anything shot by Robert Richardson will always capture my attentions.

Albeit, "The Doors" came out of Tri-Star; it would still a welcomed addition to see Universal put out a 4K/UHD of "Snow Falling on Cedars" (1999). "Snow Falling on Cedars" was Robert Richardson's 4th of 9 Oscar nominations and his only AMPAS work that never received a BD release.

Robert Richarson's Oscar Nominations:

"Platoon" (1986)
"Born on the 4th of July" (1989)
"JFK" (1991)*
"Snow Falling on Cedars" (1999)
"The Aviator" (2004)*
"Inglorious Basterds (2009)
"Hugo" (2011)*
"Django Unchained" (2012)
"The Hateful Eight" (2015)

More, more, more of Robert Richardson on 4K/UHD !!:thumbs-up-smiley:

(*) Denotes Oscar Win
'Snow Falling On Cedars' being released on bluray November 5th...

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Snow-Falling-on-Cedars-Blu-ray/42398/

Reactions: PMF

Brian Husar

Second Unit
Oliver Stone’s second film done in anamorphic Panavision and his second and last film that had a 70mm blow up. The film may not be 100 percent accurate, but I loved how epic in scope it is. Oliver Stone’s second epic film after Born On The Fourth Of July. I saw both of these in 70mm at McClurg Ct Cinema in Chicago in their main theater which was a THX theater. I for one am excited about this release. Now if Fourth Of July and JFK can come out in 4k UHD with an Atmos track.

Reactions: PMF and benbess

ghostwind

Stunt Coordinator
Premium
Real Name
bogdan
Can anyone here say if the included Blu-ray is from the new master or the old disc?

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
I know this cut is two minutes shorter than previous versions- according to Stone it’s changes to the ending. Has anyone detailed the actual changes?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terrynuzzi4546