What's new

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
My favorite reaction shots are during the audition scene, when the guy is singing Macho Man (badly) while posing and tearing off his track suit. The guys are not impressed. It's hilarious.

Yet the straight guys are FASCINATED.....

Still_CantStoptheMusic_756_426_81_s.jpg

Can't Stop The Music_Victor Davis_1980.JPG

Go figure?

Christian D66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian
Saw this on its post flop appearance at our local budget theatre. I was only 12 but knew this was the gayest film ever made. I loved it for that. It's utterly ridiculous and the only thing that works is the delightful Paul Sand. Love the opening tho and Jenner's seduction scene is unarguably the worst in film history. The blu looks great and it's like cocaine without the negative.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. Finally got to watch this one through. Some notes:

1. Now I’m very much a straight guy but I must say that Randy Jones in his younger days was one helluva good looking guy. We’re Randy a st8 Guy, the ladies would’ve been all after him. It’s a mystery to me why Randy wasn’t a big Hollywood Star a little later like say Tom Selleck.

2. Valerie Perrine in the pool/hot tub. Wowzer. Nuff said there.

3. Felipe (our beloved Indian) looked a lot younger In this film than he did on the Village People album covers & posters. He looked a lot more serious & fearsome on the posters.

All in all a fun film which would have done a lot better at the American box office had disco still been a big phenomenon in the early 80s instead of the big nosedive the genre took starting in late 1979.

Oh and I’ll say again I’m very much and always was a str8 guy but I very much was a fan of the Village People back in the days right before I went to USMC Boot Camp in April 1979. Which mean’t I had to miss the Village People concert in Cleveland (which was postponed anyway).

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Brad here. Finally got to watch this one through. Some notes:

1. Now I’m very much a straight guy but I must say that Randy Jones in his younger days was one helluva good looking guy. We’re Randy a st8 Guy, the ladies would’ve been all after him. It’s a mystery to me why Randy wasn’t a big Hollywood Star a little later like say Tom Selleck.

2. Valerie Perrine in the pool/hot tub. Wowzer. Nuff said there.

3. Felipe (our beloved Indian) looked a lot younger In this film than he did on the Village People album covers & posters. He looked a lot more serious & fearsome on the posters.

All in all a fun film which would have done a lot better at the American box office had disco still been a big phenomenon in the early 80s instead of the big nosedive the genre took starting in late 1979.

Oh and I’ll say again I’m very much and always was a str8 guy but I very much was a fan of the Village People back in the days right before I went to USMC Boot Camp in April 1979. Which mean’t I had to miss the Village People concert in Cleveland (which was postponed anyway).
I have friends who are friends with Randy (six degrees of separation, I guess) and they have nothing but positive things to say about the man. He's apparently just as nice as he comes across on film.

MDS

Agent
Real Name
Michael Shayne
Here is a poster for it's original title and two people who weren't in the final film

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 12.04.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 12.04.54 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 40

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks