What's new

20th Fox "colorized' horror ??? (Night of the Living Dead + others) (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
These must have slipped under my radar because I only noticed today that 20th Fox has released some colorized versions of classic horror movies. The first to catch my eye was "Night of the Living Dead" (1968). Says it contains both b/w and color versions.

How does this title stand up with the previously acclaimed ultimate restored Elite THX version?

Also, how does Fox's other titles look in color? And what titles are there?

Thanks!
Eric

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
The titles actually look "good" but who wants colorized versions?

REEFER MADNESS uses the color to help make fun of the film through the MST3K type commentary. The B&W version of this film looks wonderful. The NOTLD commentary is pretty weak and the Elite DVD has better picture quality.

They've also done HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL, CARNIVAL OF SOULS and will release PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE SOON.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Word has it that the "black&white" versions on these discs are actually just the colorized versions with the color turned off, which would mess up the greyscale.

dave bula

Stunt Coordinator
What about the colorized version of Mark Of Zorro (1940) that came out recently? Has anyone seen that yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks