What's new

2021 TV DVD Guesses? (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I'm not sure which one but I'm glad they're probably releasing it--I'm collecting shows from the '82-'83 season (the short lived shows) and need it in good print instead of the bootleg copies that can be found now.
We'll find out about that when it comes out-- I'm just glad about that fact that the show itself, as you said in your first post, is likely coming out very soon.

Last edited:

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
I just got a new message from Fabulous Films facebook that "Bring 'Em Back Alive" is set for late 2021 or early 2022 on DVD. They're working on the masters for it now.
I hope the print looks better than the ones they had for the "Tales of the Gold Monkey" DVD. Those prints weren't as good as they should have been.They didn't look that remastered to me. But I'm glad that "BEBA" is finally being released officially on DVD.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I just got a new message from Fabulous Films facebook that "Bring 'Em Back Alive" is set for late 2021 or early 2022 on DVD. They're working on the masters for it now.
I hope the print looks better than the ones they had for the "Tales of the Gold Monkey" DVD. Those prints weren't as good as they should have been.They didn't look that remastered to me. But I'm glad that "BEBA" is finally being released officially on DVD.

It's nice to know it's in the works. It would be nice to hear of a few others.

--jthree

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
At just 17 outings from 1982-83 on CBS (IIRC), how would this Bring 'Em Back Alive release from Fabulous Films be formatted? Would it be all of them on 3 or 4 discs, with possible bonuses as applicable?

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
More like a wish-list than a guess-list but here goes:

(The New) Perry Mason (1973-74, Fox)
Switch (1975-78, Universal)
Ironside (1971-75, seasons 5-8, Universal)*

*Don't need Alfred Hitchcock Presents/Hour since I have them on R2/R4 discs. This would be fine for the Ironside seasons but I
simply can't find copies of them anywhere and when I do the price is outrageous.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
(In addition).

In practice, I've found that my tastes also change with time.

Back in the day, I did like watching the original Hawaii Five-O in reruns. (The clothing fashions and hairstyles were not entirely atrocious and laughable).

When the reboot was first announced in 2010, my initial knee-jerk reaction is that it was utter crap.

Fast forward to the the present, I found I liked the rebooted Hawaii Five-0 a lot more than the original Jack Lord version.
I think this would be true for a lot of people. Some people just automatically put down reboots/remakes or (horror of horrors) a different actor playing a fictional character or same-named character. The truth is the two series are almost completely different other than a similarity with location, character names and crimes. I like both and collect both on DVD.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The truth is the two series are almost completely different other than a similarity with location, character names and crimes. I like both and collect both on DVD.

And that is your freedom-- the main reason I avoided the newer Five-0 w/O'Loughlin, Kim, et al. is because it felt too much like a modern-day Miami Vice to me (I at one time for that reason took to thinking of it as "Hawaii Vice").

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
And that is your freedom-- the main reason I avoided the newer Five-0 w/O'Loughlin, Kim, et al. is because it felt too much like a modern-day Miami Vice to me (I at one time for that reason took to thinking of it as "Hawaii Vice").
Well, I never watched Miami Vice, so I never would make that connection. I don't watch "genres," I watch "series." That is, just because I watch one cop show, doesn't mean I watch any or all of the others. I make up my mind based on the series itself rather than trying to compare apples and oranges.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The dvd season sets of Venture Bros seasons 1, 2, and 3, and Metalocalypse seasons 1 and 2 are being re-released this month (July 2021). Though it appears it is just a plain generic inventory replenishment, and not new versions.

No word on any possible bluray versions. (These particular seasons of these two shows, just happen to be the ones which have not been released on bluray yet. All the other seasons have had bluray releases).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Nevertheless if Warner ends up releasing complete series dvd sets for these two shows, Venture Bros would be a 14 discs set and Metalocalypse would likely be 9 discs dvd sets respectively.

Hypothetical complete series bluray sets would likely be 5-discs for Metalocalypse, and 7-discs for Venture Bros.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Just noticed "Hot In Cleveland" is being re-released next week (July 27) as a complete series set by ViacomCBS, likely in one of those giant 24+ discs cases.

Other possible complete series sets that ViacomCBS could release, of shows which had all the seasons released already on dvd might be:

- House of Lies (5 seasons - 10 discs)
- Ray Donovan (7 seasons - 28 discs)
- Man With a Plan (4 seasons - 10 discs)

Some partial multiseason dvd sets in giant 24+ discs cases, could be long running ViacomCBS shows like:

NCIS - seasons 13 to 18 ? (33 discs)
NCIS: Los Angeles - seasons 9 to 12 ? (22 discs)
Seal Team - seasons 1 to 4 ? (20 discs)
Blue Bloods - seasons 5 to 10 ? (33 discs)
Bull - seasons 1 to 4 ? (21 discs)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just noticed "Hot In Cleveland" is being re-released next week (July 27) as a complete series set by ViacomCBS, likely in one of those giant 24+ discs cases.
Hot In Cleveland was already in one of the bigass cases. I have one sitting 10 feet away. Bought it last year. Enjoyed watching it at the beginning of this year.

This is probably just a rerelease under ViacomCBS with new catalog and UPC numbers or something.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
This is probably just a rerelease under ViacomCBS with new catalog and UPC numbers or something.

This seems to be the case over the past year or so, and/or putting it onto the general market (ie. not a wallymart exclusive).

(re-releasing next week)
July 27, 2021
- Hot in Cleveland
- Dexter (bluray)
- Family Ties
- the original Hawaii Five-O
- Joan of Arcadia

(alredy re-released in 2020-2021 after merger)

June 15, 2021
- Hey Arnold!

May 18, 2021
- Beverly Hills 90210
- Rugrats

March 23, 2021
- Mork & Mindy

February 23, 2021
- JAG
- Laverne & Shirley
- The Andy Griffith Show
- Numb3rs
- Touched by an Angel
- The Good Wife
- Rawhide
- the original MacGyver

February 9, 2021
- The Odd Couple
- the original Beauty and the Beast

January 26, 2021
- Taxi
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch

January 12, 2021
- Workaholics
- NCIS seasons 1-4
- NCIS seasons 5-8

October 13, 2020
- Happy Days seasons 1-6
- NCIS: Los Angeles seasons 1-4
- Perry Mason: The Complete Movie Collection

September 29, 2020
- Twilight Zone: The Complete 80s Series
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Elementary
- United States of Tara

August 25, 2020
- the original Twilight Zone
- Star Trek: Voyager

August 11, 2020
- Dynasty
- Tales From The Darkside
- Love Boat seasons 1-3
- CSI
- Broad City

July 28, 2020
- CSI: Miami
- Blue Bloods seasons 1-4
- 7th Heaven
- Californication
- Mannix
- Invaders

July 21, 2020
- I Love Lucy
- Frasier
- Charmed
- the original Walker Texas Ranger

July 14, 2020
- Perry Mason
- Reno 911
- Beavis and Butthead

April 7, 2020
- Cheers
- The L Word

January 21, 2020
- Matlock

The ViacomCBS re-merger was officially finalized on December 4, 2019.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Other complete series sets that ViacomCBS could re-release under a new different upc / sku codes. Most likely when the old inventory runs out of the previous upc / sku versions.

- Brady Bunch
- Vega$ (1978-1981)
- Father Dowling Mysteries
- Beauty and the Beast (2012-2016)
- War of the Worlds (1988-1990)
- Scorpion
- Jericho

- The Guardian
- Girlfriends
- Soul Food
- Becker
- The Borgias
- The Tudors
- Everybody Hates Chris
- Duckman

- Ghost Whisperer
- Medium
- The Fugitive
- Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.
- Penny Dreadful
- The Lucy Show
- Twin Peaks
- Friday The 13th: The Series

Shows which had all the seasons released, did not have official complete series sets yet. (ie. More than just the previous seasons sets wrapped together in plastic wrap and masking tape).

- Extant
- Episodes (2011-2017 Showtime)
- Zoo (2015-2107)
- The Shannara Chronicles
- Ren & Stimpy
- Jackass

Other possible multiseason sets:

- Love Boat seasons 1-4 (31 discs)
- Billions seasons 1-5 ? (20 discs)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Other possible ViacomCBS repackaged re-releases, could be the Nickelodeon shows which were outsourced to Shout Factory a decade ago. So far two of them expired with the rights reverting back to ViacomCBS: "Rocko's Modern Life" and "Hey Arnold!" which both have already been re-released by ViacomCBS.

The other Nickelodeon shows which Shout Factory already released complete series sets were:

- The Wild Thornberrys
- Hey Dude
- The Angry Beavers
- Danny Phantom
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
- CatDog

Once the rights expire and revert back to ViacomCBS, in principle these other complete series sets can be re-released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks