What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2021 iPhone and iPad anticipations! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Shame they couldn’t swallow at least some of that since there must be a huge profit margin on the phone.

BTW, didn’t the low light photography get a lot better with the 12?

I always get agitated when I hear that Apple has to pass on costs related to chip production.

That company already has such a huge profit margin that you would think they could just suck it up.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I always get agitated when I hear that Apple has to pass on costs related to chip production.

That company already has such a huge profit margin that you would think they could just suck it up.
Exactly! Well, for this kid anyway, if it's too much of a bump I'll be buying a 12 Pro Max. Screw 'em.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Exactly! Well, for this kid anyway, if it's too much of a bump I'll be buying a 12 Pro Max. Screw 'em.

Though the iPhone 13 is a small “bump” over its predecessor, I’m kind of stuck in the upgrade program. I have gotten used to paying somewhere in the area of $56 a month to own a phone, though I am sure that will bump up a bit if Apple is going to increase pricing because their fat profit margin isn’t fat enough for ‘em.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If a person decides to buy the 12 Pro Max, is it best to buy it now or after the announcement and rollout of the new model?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If a person decides to buy the 12 Pro Max, is it best to buy it now or after the announcement and rollout of the new model?

That’s a good question.

Hope I get some backup on an answer…

Generally, I see Apple hardware prices drop a few months prior to new announcements. For instance, the 2019/2020 iPad Pro models dropped in price on Amazon and Best Buy prior to the 2021 M1 iPad announcement. New MacBook Pros are about to be announced and I see big price drops on last year’s M1 laptops.

The iPhones, I am just not certain.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hey Robert,

This is my favorite place to check for current deals and promotions.

The Mini is supposed to get a discount ahead of the iPhone 13 rollout. Know that is not the model you are looking for but hoping that is the start of discounts on other models.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Like Ron said, that's a good question Robert. I think I'm going to wait until after the launch, since my purchasing decision will be based on the prices of the 13.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
That’s a good question.

Hope I get some backup on an answer…

Generally, I see Apple hardware prices drop a few months prior to new announcements. For instance, the 2019/2020 iPad Pro models dropped in price on Amazon and Best Buy prior to the 2021 M1 iPad announcement. New MacBook Pros are about to be announced and I see big price drops on last year’s M1 laptops.

The iPhones, I am just not certain.
It seems that the iPhone is in a class by itself when it comes to discounts and pricing on older models.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
That anticipated launch date isn't far off at this point anyway. Might as well wait the 3-plus weeks and see... unless you're desperate for a new phone right now...

_Man_

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That anticipated launch date isn't far off at this point anyway. Might as well wait the 3-plus weeks and see... unless you're desperate for a new phone right now...

_Man_

That’s pretty good advice. I actually think the more we pull away, post iPhone 13 launch, the lower prices COULD go on former models. I mean, they certainly won’t go up.

And Robert, I think you’ll love the iPhone 12. I think you said you are getting the MAX? That’s what I have now and it’s a beautiful phone. The photos this thing takes is just amazing. The 4k video capabilities are also equally amazing — especially shooting at 60fps.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ronbo,

Is this model rumored to be a major upgrade over 12? I haven't upgrade for years so I'm still using my 6s Plus.
The iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 will be a huge upgrade from a 6s. :)

For buying soon-to-be prior year, the best time to upgrade might be a few months before the new iPhones are released. The carriers were doing huge mid-/late-cycle upgrade offers for the 12-series earlier this summer. You should take a look at what your carrier is offering right now for trade-in and upgrade options.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
The new iPhone 13 will be a great disappointment and no one will like and you should all stick with iPhone 12 and just everyone stay away from the 13 so I can get two of them launch day!!!!
I bought a 12 last fall and my better half got a 12 Pro Max this spring so we did our part.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Did you notice a change in low light photography?
I went from a 7 to a 12 so I noticed an improvement immediately, however I rarely take pictures so I haven’t messed with low light since the first day I got the phone last fall. I don’t really know how my wife’s compares to her XS Max that she upgraded from either.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m looking forward to the indoor and low-light photo improvements upgrading from an 8+ to a 13-something! I take snapshots all the time (cooking, cats, board games), and will really benefit from this.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I was hoping / expecting Apple today to announce the iPhone event for next Tuesday Sept 14. But it's now almost 9am PDT and nothing on the tech sites.

sad panda GIF by South Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks