What's new

2021-2022 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which QB will have the most success this season?

• Carson Wentz - Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Stafford - Rams

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Trevor Lawrence - Jaguars

• Jimmy Garoppolo -49ers

• Ryan Fitzpatrick - Redskins

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cam Newton - Patriots

• Jalen Hurts - Eagles

• Justin Fields - Bears

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mac Jones

• Zach Wilson -Jets

• Sam Darnold - Panthers

• Jameis Winston - Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I seriously doubt the Seahawks will go into the 2022 season with Smith, Lock and the other guy. They’ll pick up Mayfield or Foles.

I agree. The Seahawks had the chance to draft Malik Willis, the QB they supposedly loved, twice in round 2, they passed both times and did not draft a QB at all. My theory on that would be this was because they want Baker Mayfield. The rumor was they liked Baker better than any of the rookie class of QBs, even though they blew smoke about loving Willis. Obviously they did not love Willis because they could have had him in round 2, a good deal, but passed TWICE. So, they lied about loving Willis.

It is said that Pete Carroll really likes Mayfield. My bet is he probably does and the Seahawks know they don't have to give the Browns anything for him and if they wait for the Browns to cut him they don't have to pay him any of the $19 million he is owed. They can sign him to whatever they agree to with whatever stipulations they agree to. The Browns will eat the entire $19 million which can just go down as part of the cost to get Watson, who they sort of hilariously guaranteed 100% of his massive and obscene contract to land him.

Anyway, unless somebody else comes in and offers a better deal to Mayfield (maybe the Buccaneers though it would be to back up Brady and to take over the team next year), probably he ends up a Seahawk on a short term, prove it, kind of deal.

Which is perfect for the Seahawks if that is how they land him.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like Mark Davis is as creepy as his hair cut. Another rich male that needs to act like it’s 2022, and not 1972. The NFL has some serious issues. Davis needs to be held accountable if those allegations are true.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Looks like Mark Davis is as creepy as his hair cut. Another rich male that needs to act like it’s 2022, and not 1972. The NFL has some serious issues. Davis needs to be held accountable if those allegations are true.
I assume you’re referring to the former interim President who is claiming his firing was in retaliation for his allegations?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I assume you’re referring to the former interim President who is claiming his firing was in retaliation for his allegations?
Yup and I believe him because there has been too much turnover with the Raiders executives in a short period of time, and I’m not talking about the GM and HC.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yup and I believe him because there has been too much turnover with the Raiders executives in a short period of time, and I’m not talking about the GM and HC.

I don't know a lot about Mark Davis. So, obviously have no idea if his behavior is good, bad, or ugly. He at the surface level appears to be an odd guy. I think he avoids saying much and his hires seem to be designed to allow the people he hires to run the team. He seems like he does not interfere and is a hands off kind of owner.

On the football side that seems fine. I recall reading that his favorite place to dine is Hooters. I found this strange from my perspective because I have been to a Hooters and the food is absolutely terrible. Here's a guy that could eat wherever he wants and he would show up to dinner at Hooters nightly while the Raiders were in Oakland.

Granted, we can all have different tastes of what we like to eat but Hooter's food is bottom of the barrel by most accounts and is not the reason people go there. Maybe he was seeing a woman that worked at Hooters but who knows. I am not saying that this has anything to do with the allegations against him and in truth it could help him or hurt him in that while he spent many nights at Hooters there were no complaints from the women that worked there that were ever made public at least. In what I read it was said he was a gentleman while he was there. Which is not always the case at Hooters for the guys that visit.

I just find it odd that a guy with that kind of money chose that as his nightly eatery.

The other thing that should be said openly, because truth is I don't have much faith in the NFL, is they don't like Mark Davis and he is hostile toward them. I think the league would like to have him sell the team but it is very difficult to force an NFL owner out. There are some real bad ones and they continue to own their teams and not much has been or can be done about it.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, I know people mostly don't like Baker Mayfield but the way this is playing out it does appear the Browns are trying to stick it to him.

Essentially, all of the other 31 teams have made it clear they are not going to trade for Mayfield because they know the Browns burned the bridge with him and are going to be forced to cut him and eat his salary.

There are rumored to be multiple teams that will take a run at him once he is cut, including the always mentioned Seahawks, the Giants are now said to be very interested if he is cut, and the Buccaneers. There are other teams that are looking at him as well but those three appear to be the most serious.

From Mayfield's side and the jobs, well, obviously with the Seahawks he would start. The Giants appear to want him to put him in a competition with Daniel Jones, who is facing his last go round with the team and the Giants I do not think expect him to stick around after this year as they did not pick up the option to keep him in 2023. So, Baker would compete with Jones and I think Daboll believes Mayfield would win the job. The Buccaneers want to stash him on their roster for next season and obviously would hope he never takes a snap until Brady leaves.

Now the Steelers said if the Browns cut Mayfield they would definitely sign him but I think drafting Pickett has removed that possibility. Teams like the Dolphins, Panthers, Lions, Saints, and Falcons all will likely discuss him and bringing him in once cut. It only makes sense as you are getting a starting QB at whatever deal you decide to cut with him.

So, once cut I think there will be a frenzy of teams that call about him.

Here's the issue now. The Browns seem pissed that they destroyed all value Mayfield had. Nobody will give them anything for him. So, the Browns are now going to have to pay him the $19 million and cut him. However, now it looks like the Browns want to screw with him and are floating they will keep him this season and will not cut him.

Mayfield would not step on the field for them, as they have signed their three QBs for this season so this would just be done to stick it to Baker. It does not matter to the Browns because they have to pay him regardless...unless Mayfield calls them and says he will wave part or all of the $19 million to get his release.

Now, if I am Baker, I just take the year off and collect my $19 million but the Browns seem to think he might come around to waiving some of it to get his release.

I don't know if that's the case but the two sides are obviously playing games with each other.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I would also just sit and collect my money if that's an option.

Though it depends on if the Browns force him to play. He has no value to them, so they could put him in all sorts of situations where injury is possible. If he refused to play when asked, that would seem to be the "cause" they would need to void his contract.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
So, I know people mostly don't like Baker Mayfield but the way this is playing out it does appear the Browns are trying to stick it to him.

Essentially, all of the other 31 teams have made it clear they are not going to trade for Mayfield because they know the Browns burned the bridge with him and are going to be forced to cut him and eat his salary.

There are rumored to be multiple teams that will take a run at him once he is cut, including the always mentioned Seahawks, the Giants are now said to be very interested if he is cut, and the Buccaneers. There are other teams that are looking at him as well but those three appear to be the most serious.

From Mayfield's side and the jobs, well, obviously with the Seahawks he would start. The Giants appear to want him to put him in a competition with Daniel Jones, who is facing his last go round with the team and the Giants I do not think expect him to stick around after this year as they did not pick up the option to keep him in 2023. So, Baker would compete with Jones and I think Daboll believes Mayfield would win the job. The Buccaneers want to stash him on their roster for next season and obviously would hope he never takes a snap until Brady leaves.

Now the Steelers said if the Browns cut Mayfield they would definitely sign him but I think drafting Pickett has removed that possibility. Teams like the Dolphins, Panthers, Lions, Saints, and Falcons all will likely discuss him and bringing him in once cut. It only makes sense as you are getting a starting QB at whatever deal you decide to cut with him.

So, once cut I think there will be a frenzy of teams that call about him.

Here's the issue now. The Browns seem pissed that they destroyed all value Mayfield had. Nobody will give them anything for him. So, the Browns are now going to have to pay him the $19 million and cut him. However, now it looks like the Browns want to screw with him and are floating they will keep him this season and will not cut him.

Mayfield would not step on the field for them, as they have signed their three QBs for this season so this would just be done to stick it to Baker. It does not matter to the Browns because they have to pay him regardless...unless Mayfield calls them and says he will wave part or all of the $19 million to get his release.

Now, if I am Baker, I just take the year off and collect my $19 million but the Browns seem to think he might come around to waiving some of it to get his release.

I don't know if that's the case but the two sides are obviously playing games with each other.
The Browns should just go ahead, and cut him. Admit to how they mishandled the situation, and move on. This does nobody any good.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Wow! That’s a lot of money. I wonder if Tom will be interesting enough to warrant that kind of paycheck.
They say it's more than double what they just paid Troy Aikman, which was somewhere around $18 million per year.

Apparently FOX was not willing to make that offer to Aikman to keep him.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They say it's more than double what they just paid Troy Aikman, which was somewhere around $18 million per year.

Apparently FOX was not willing to make that offer to Aikman to keep him.
They let Aikman walked because Brady was always Fox's white whale and where they wanted to go for the future. Frankly, I think it's absurd, but it's not my money. For Brady haters such as myself, we can't get rid of the guy. It looks like I'll be turning down the volume on Fox broadcasts like I do with CBS broadcasts with Romo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks