What's new

2021-2022 NFL Season (2 Viewers)

Which QB will have the most success this season?

• Carson Wentz - Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Stafford - Rams

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Trevor Lawrence - Jaguars

• Jimmy Garoppolo -49ers

• Ryan Fitzpatrick - Redskins

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cam Newton - Patriots

• Jalen Hurts - Eagles

• Justin Fields - Bears

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mac Jones

• Zach Wilson -Jets

• Sam Darnold - Panthers

• Jameis Winston - Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I think Mark Davis's favorite restaurant is P.F. Chang's.
d26c03bf4c72bc494a31c4184c05c170b72070420605ec076864dee4ffd72bb7.jpg

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Fox signs Brady to a 10 year 375M contract to be their lead analyst when he retires from football. Crazy!

Not sure how Brady will be as an analyst, I heard him speak many times and though he knows football better than most, he is kind of a boring guy to listen to.

I think the money is just so out of control right now to land these guys to be broadcasters that they just can't turn it down. Brady is a huge name and everybody knows him, probably most hate him, so I am sure he is in for a whole lot of criticism once he is on TV.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I think Mark Davis's favorite restaurant is P.F. Chang's.
In Vegas or that's just always been his favorite? Not sure, there was a reporter a while back that wrote a story about him that mentioned (at that time) he was in Hooters every night for dinner. He was said to tip well and basically sat in there quiet and unnoticed by anybody.

Maybe he was just on a Hooters binge for a while.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
In Vegas or that's just always been his favorite? Not sure, there was a reporter a while back that wrote a story about him that mentioned (at that time) he was in Hooters every night for dinner. He was said to tip well and basically sat in there quiet and unnoticed by anybody.

Maybe he was just on a Hooters binge for a while.
Going back to his Oakland days.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Frank Gore has officially retired. He's had maybe the best NFL career that almost nobody knows about. It will be interesting to see if he ends up in the Hall of Fame eventually.
  1. He has more rushing yards (16,000) than all but 2 players in NFL history (Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton). There are 14 other players with less yards than him that are also enshrined.
  2. He holds 5 NFL records:
    1. Most seasons with 1,200 yards from scrimmage: 12
    2. Most consecutive seasons with at least 500 yards rushing: 16
    3. Most consecutive seasons with at least 600 yards rushing: 14
    4. Most consecutive seasons with at least 700 yards rushing: 13 (tied with Emmitt Smith)
    5. Most career games by an NFL running back: 241
Gore seems more like a stats accumulator due to his longevity to me. He was never really dominant, nor ever played for a great team. Yet he had an amazingly long career for a running back -- especially for a player with health concerns when he was originally drafted.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Gore seems more like a stats accumulator due to his longevity to me. He was never really dominant, nor ever played for a great team.
Seems to me if he spends his career with a contender, he’s more than a stats player. Then he’ss at least got more playoff appearances. I didn’t follow his career closely so your first sentence is correct. But with those stats, he had to be HOF bound. They are golden.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Seems to me if he spends his career with a contender, he’s more than a stats player. Then he’ss at least got more playoff appearances. I didn’t follow his career closely so your first sentence is correct. But with those stats, he had to be HOF bound. They are golden.
I agree that his career stats will most like get him into the Hall of Fame (not sure about first ballot). It's funny, though, if you were to ask most fans to list the greatest running backs of all time, their list would be something like Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith (damn Cowboys fans), Marshall Faulk, etc. I doubt Frank Gore would be on very many lists, and yet when you look at the all time rushing yards list, there he is at #3, right between Sweetness and Barry Sanders.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I agree that his career stats will most like get him into the Hall of Fame (not sure about first ballot). It's funny, though, if you were to ask most fans to list the greatest running backs of all time, their list would be something like Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith (damn Cowboys fans), Marshall Faulk, etc. I doubt Frank Gore would be on very many lists, and yet when you look at the all time rushing yards list, there he is at #3, right between Sweetness and Barry Sanders.
And this is why fans don’t get get to choose who goes into the HOF. If that were to ever happen it would devalue the HOF.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Frank Gore has officially retired. He's had maybe the best NFL career that almost nobody knows about. It will be interesting to see if he ends up in the Hall of Fame eventually.
  1. He has more rushing yards (16,000) than all but 2 players in NFL history (Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton). There are 14 other players with less yards than him that are also enshrined.
  2. He holds 5 NFL records:
    1. Most seasons with 1,200 yards from scrimmage: 12
    2. Most consecutive seasons with at least 500 yards rushing: 16
    3. Most consecutive seasons with at least 600 yards rushing: 14
    4. Most consecutive seasons with at least 700 yards rushing: 13 (tied with Emmitt Smith)
    5. Most career games by an NFL running back: 241
Gore seems more like a stats accumulator due to his longevity to me. He was never really dominant, nor ever played for a great team. Yet he had an amazingly long career for a running back -- especially for a player with health concerns when he was originally drafted.

I think he gets in, he is well liked and was a team player guys respected.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, this Watson and the Browns thing is looking like a disaster. Rumors are that Watson is going to get suspended for the 2022 season. He has 24 lawsuits against him and his lawyers have taken a truly bizarre path for his defense. Which is to say, yes, he sexually harassed all these women but asking a massage therapist for a happy ending is perfectly acceptable and not illegal.

Quite honestly, WTF?

It seems that Watson has not stopped doing this and his intent is to keep doing it. It seems his lawyers advice is not to stop doing it but rather to confirm with the masseuse that she will perform a sex act as part of the massage before hiring her.

This is pretty damn absurd. Basically, he could hire hookers but I guess you get a better massage from a massage therapist.

Sort of unbelievable that the defense here will be "Well, there is nothing wrong with what he did. The massage therapists are the ones with an issue because they should expect to be asked to perform a happy ending."

Really? F this guy and his lawyers. The Browns I believe have to pay him his money, whether he plays or not and I hope it gets divided among the women he harassed.

At this stage I wish the worst for Watson, his lawyers, and raise a glass to the Browns getting totally screwed by this situation as they deserve it.

According to the Browns, they did their own investigation of this situation before trading for him so, if that is true, they knew his lawyers said "Yeah, he did it, so what!"

Totally ignorant.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The Browns be the Browns.

Agreed, I guess what we will see next is if the NFL be the NFL. Not sure how you let Watson back into the league if he and his lawyers are going to approach this as, nothing wrong with his behavior.

Also, his lawyers have admitted apparently that more women could be coming forward that he hired to massage and get him off after 2020. So essentially, he never stopped doing this even after he got caught doing it. Which for serial sex offenders is said to be the most common situation.

I mean Baker got his blowjobs behind the Cheesecake Factory but those were consensual. So, while you can frown on what Baker did, he did not harass those women, they wanted to be there with him and drove themselves there to do what they did.

If the Browns did not like that he was doing that, and it is said they did not, why did they take on Watson who was attempting to get women to perform sex acts on him that did not want to do so?

The level of stupid all around in this is off the charts.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The other part of this that I just find sad, is the NFL knows that Watson did it and he and his lawyers have taken the position of "So what?"

They are still talking about what they will do. They investigated this and know exactly what went on and that Watson thinks there is nothing wrong with what he did.

This is exactly why the NFL made the choice not to be the one to make the decision. They hire an "independent" arbitrator to make the decision. I'm sure the discussion right now is "What makes us look best?" and we know the answer to that.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Also, a word to Baker Mayfield, you have turned out to be the luckiest guy in this whole debacle. You will play for a new team that is not the Browns. You got out. Everybody else on the Browns should be requesting a trade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks