What's new

2020 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Notwithstanding the future of the 2020 season, I put my money where my mouth is and canceled my long-standing subscription to MLB.TV.

I made sure to tell the rep who helped me all my reasons for not being interested in following baseball any longer. And I implored her to pass those reasons on to those who should know.
Don’t know why your mad at mlb. They are trying to give the fans a season. It’s not like they wanted all the covid crap. And if the season is canceled, they’ll refund the $$ won’t they?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Mets has a chance to win it in the 9th tonight.
made it exciting anyway.
DeGrom gave up a run for the first time since September.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
What do you guys think of the 8 game suspension for Dodger Joe Kelly, 1 game suspension for Dodger manager Dave Roberts and unspecified fine for Houston manager Dusty Baker?

Me? Um, how many days suspension or monetary losses have the Houston players received for cheating?

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
What do you guys think of the 8 game suspension for Dodger Joe Kelly, 1 game suspension for Dodger manager Dave Roberts and unspecified fine for Houston manager Dusty Baker?

Me? Um, how many days suspension or monetary losses have the Houston players received for cheating?
Was this about a pitch that low-bridged an Asterisk?

For those who are still watching- was this a good idea to pit these two teams against each other this season with a reduced amount of games, and the cheating scandal that is still fresh in the players minds? IMO- no, it wasn’t smart. In fact, it was pretty fucking stupid.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

What was the incident?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This season might is in jeopardy, if these players don't take this virus more seriously by strictly following the protocols that MLB and Players Association has agreed upon.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
This season might is in jeopardy, if these players don't take this virus more seriously by strictly following the protocols that MLB and Players Association has agreed upon.
Seems that a shutdown is likely if there are more positive tests, and more postponements.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
We’d almost pulled the trigger on a pair of cutouts at Dodgers Stadium but held off after hearing about the Marlins. Our confidence that the season will continue beyond another week or two is not high.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We’d almost pulled the trigger on a pair of cutouts at Dodgers Stadium but held off after hearing about the Marlins. Our confidence that the season will continue beyond another week or two is not high.
What do they cost?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I bought two for the Phillies but it’s likely they will never be seen.
$40 each. One was my dad that was going to be a surprise for him as he just had last chemo treatment for cancer.
the other for my friend as a joke. Is a photo from the 80’s and was also going to be a surprise.

Their games/games Mondaywith the Yanks has already been cancelled.
There is chatter the entire thing is going to be shut down.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
It’s $150 per cutout. Actual cost is $11.25 and the rest goes to the LA Dodger Foundation, which provides a tax write-off. You get your cutout at the end of the season with a certificate of authenticity that it was used in the stadium.

The other day a cutout was hit by a homerun ball and it almost knocked its head off. I wonder if they would print a fresh one or if it would go headless the rest of the season if the head falls the rest of the way off.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
If the fan had attended in person he could have caught the homerun ball. Do they mail the homerun ball to the person shown in the cutout? That would be a nice PR gesture.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Their games/games Mondaywith the Yanks has already been cancelled.
There is chatter the entire thing is going to be shut down.
MLB announced those Phillies games against the Yankees are on and will start on Monday. So far, no Phillie player has tested positive.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yes. Thank Robert. I’m aware of that. Didn’t get a chance to update my comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks