2020 MLB Season

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I still don’t understand how or why A Rod was given that job- he is a poster board for what was wrong with the game (attitude and PEDs), and he stinks at the job.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Arod on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball:

"When the Bacon is on the table" :laugh:
Makes about as much sense as the quote from that world-renowned philosopher, Marshawn Lynch, last fall: "Take care of your chicken."

Is the simple word "money" suddenly not acceptable for use in polite conversation?

Reactions: Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
About the cardboard cutouts- on today’s Trunk Nation show on SiriusXM Volume, Trunk’s producer Ed Robinson mentioned that at one of the stadiums (he didn’t recall the team), there was a cutout of Bernie Lomax
(Weekend At Bernie’s). Hilarious! I can see Bernie sitting there with his little sunglasses and the frozen smirk on his face. :D

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
About the cardboard cutouts- on today’s Trunk Nation show on SiriusXM Volume, Trunk’s producer Ed Robinson mentioned that at one of the stadiums (he didn’t recall the team), there was a cutout of Bernie Lomax
(Weekend At Bernie’s). Hilarious! I can see Bernie sitting there with his little sunglasses and the frozen smirk on his face. :D
Yeah, I saw that too. Inspired humor.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
I got two for the Phillies home park.
One of my dad and one of my buddy that’s a photo of him from 1985 celebrating New Year Eve.
Also the Phillies will be putting up an interactive 360° photo for everyone to find their cutouts and also will be tag-able.

05400D93-9FB9-4A95-9ED0-548BB7102BA7.jpeg
452A928B-0DBE-43D6-8819-98E99440DF3E.jpeg

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I got two for the Phillies home park.
One of my dad and one of my buddy that’s a photo of him from 1985 celebrating New Year Eve.
Also the Phillies will be putting up an interactive 360° photo for everyone to find their cutouts and also will be tag-able.

View attachment 76804
View attachment 76805
They look like they might get lonely out there... ;)

Are those just some kind of sample proofs, not real photos of their actual placements at the park?

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ok, here yah go... for those of us who held out to see how this shortened season works out and a final month stretch run deal to happen...

Dem Friars in San Diego are pushing all-in and nabbed an ace SP (in his prime and controllable thru 2022) from Cleveland to put an exclamation mark on their whirlwind of trade deadline moves to challenge dem Dodgers! Meanwhile, the TB Rays are looking surprisingly on top of the AL (alongside dem A's) while dem Yanks have sputtered a bit (and dem Bosox completely faded)...

_Man_

Mike Frezon

Premium
They're gonna need five people to sign up for that deal in order to recoup the money they lost from me this year.

I am fascinated by how hard a hit professional sports is going to take from this confluence of circumstances and decisions.

David Norman

Premium
Ok, here yah go... for those of us who held out to see how this shortened season works out and a final month stretch run deal to happen...

Dem Friars in San Diego are pushing all-in and nabbed an ace SP (in his prime and controllable thru 2022) from Cleveland to put an exclamation mark on their whirlwind of trade deadline moves to challenge dem Dodgers! Meanwhile, the TB Rays are looking surprisingly on top of the AL (alongside dem A's) while dem Yanks have sputtered a bit (and dem Bosox completely faded)...

_Man_
Normally I sign up for the Fathers Day or July 4th deal so I'd been waiting for the usual Labor Day deal.

$25 for a month is something I can live with though seeing the Big Deadline deal of Tommy Milone almost made me decide otherwise

How sad is it that a pitcher with 8 years 50W-50L and 5 ERA is designed to 'bolster' the starting pitching and is your only deadline acquisition for the season. The "Good News" is he's 10-25 with a 7ERA over the last 5 seasons so good to catch him as he's peaking. Given a 10 Run lead in his first game and all he has do is get 9 outs to qualify for the easiest win in the history of starting pitching, he manages to do exactly what you'd expect and get only 4 outs, gives up 7 runs and nearly participate literally in one of the greatest comebacks in history. Honestly, why give up even 2 worthless minor leaguers for the same talent as any AA or AAA pitcher (even the Braves) could do for minimum wage. I truly, truly do not understand the entire thought process of picking up something no better (or even worse) than what you've already discarded for the year and sent back to the Alternate Site

And this was my feeling before last nights game. I spent all day yesterday cursing and pondering and trying to figure it out only to be proven right beyond my wildest dreams in his debut.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah that Phils/Braves game yesterday was something else.

I bought the season at the start for $60 and have been enjoying it all month.
Even yesterday’s Phils game that they lost 12-10 and after being down 10-0 got it to 11-10.

David Norman

Premium
I hereby nominate Tommy Milone as the worst deadline pickup in 2020 and could well be one of the worst in MLB history depending
on if the players sent to Baltimore at least never harm the Orioles system or are arrested as Mass murderers.

'Stabilization' of starting pitching rotation??

I guess it was somewhat interesting to see multiple MLB historic actual offensive and truly offensive pitching records set by the same team in the same game. At some point it just becomes funny and no position players pitched on either side.

Reactions: Osato

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
This shortened season has just been whacky. You don't need Tommy Millone to enjoy some football scores, LOL.

Millone actually normally would serve the purpose well enough during most Septs, but this is not the usual Sept...

_Man_

Reactions: Osato

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I've been watching MLB and especially the Yankees, but I'm not nearly emotionally invested like I would be during a normal MLB season. Thank God for that as my Yankees aren't a very good team in this truncated 60 game season.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I've been watching MLB and especially the Yankees, but I'm not nearly emotionally invested like I would be during a normal MLB season. Thank God for that as my Yankees aren't a very good team in this truncated 60 game season.
All those injuries, especially to the big men, have finally caught up enough w/ the Yanks it seems... but they're still gonna make the playoffs easy, especially w/ this expanded format. Still mainly about getting healthy and hot enough for the postseason itself at this point...

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Of all the rule changes this is the one I dislike the most because it makes the 162 game schedule less significant. Why should a team/owner go all out to win a division when it's possible you can win it all by just being one of eight teams in your league to make the playoffs.

IMO, Manfred has been a disaster as baseball commissioner and is even worse than Bud Selig.

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gil Jones