What's new

2020 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I think I might be done with baseball or at a minimum need to adopt another team. The Orioles disappoint me at every opportunity.

Maybe you could just switch your allegiance to the team that was actually the original Baltimore Orioles instead... ;):D

_Man_

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Maybe you could just switch your allegiance to the team that was actually the original Baltimore Orioles instead... ;):D

_Man_
My dad is from the Buffalo area and is a huge Yankee fan. This also infected my brother and sister who are rabid yankee fans as well. I guess that would be the easy way out but I've spent so much time hating on the Yanks I'm not sure I could repent.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Normally I'd say "stick with your team, it will be all the sweeter when redemption happens" - as a kid I watched the Dodgers win the 88 series with no clue it would take another 32 years to see the next one. I just couldn't envision rooting for another team. But man, the Orioles are a tough sell. Props to you for sticking with them!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
My dad is from the Buffalo area and is a huge Yankee fan. This also infected my brother and sister who are rabid yankee fans as well. I guess that would be the easy way out but I've spent so much time hating on the Yanks I'm not sure I could repent.

Maybe switch leagues and stay closer to Baltimore w/ either the Nationals or Phillies? OR join Bosox fandom (or even the new Mets?!?) to intensify that rivalry and hate against dem Yankees (and the rest of your family)? :D

_Man_

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Buffalo Bluejays

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Speaking of the Sawx, they traded Benintendi to Kansas City. Intense retool seems to be at hand.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
People need to get over this "tradition of the game" thing. Either you evolve and change with the times, or you become extinct. We're already at the point where no major networks want to bother with baseball aside from the World Series (or the occasional FOX Saturday Night "dead zone" broadcast) as the ratings are dismal.

I'm for anything that will speed up pace of play. I want a pitch clock (a short one). I'd also do away with batters calling timeout. There's no need for it.
Well I just had a brainstorm. To make the game more interesting, rotate the players through the positions each game.

There are 9 players on a roster and 9 innings. Each player will start at one position and then move to another position at the beginning of each inning. Player A could start at catcher, then pitcher, then 1st base, etc. Think of how much more exciting the game would become!

Plus you could do away with many existing rules fans find obnoxious. There would be no need for the DH rule as pitchers would only pitch one inning each.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
There are 9 players on a roster and 9 innings. Each player will start at one position and then move to another position at the beginning of each inning. Player A could start at catcher, then pitcher, then 1st base, etc. Think of how much more exciting the game would become!
Think how high the level of incompetence would be. Is this tongue-in-cheek?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks