2020 MLB Season

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
So to the piped in noise. I hate it.
The Phillies are doing it but other then cheers when a olyyer gets a hit it sounds more like ambient sleep white noise.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
I’ve watched quite a bit so far.

it was fun to have 3 games on fox network yesterday.

I also watched a few innings of the diamondbacks and padres last night on fs1.

hoping the Mets can rebound today.

espn blacked out the DeGrom game here in Atlanta area. I expect the same for tonight’s game?

I plan on watching some of the brewers and cubs in a few minutes.

Reactions: MartinP.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I’ve watched quite a bit so far.

it was fun to have 3 games on fox network yesterday.

I also watched a few innings of the diamondbacks and padres last night on fs1.

hoping the Mets can rebound today.

espn blacked out the DeGrom game here in Atlanta area. I expect the same for tonight’s game?

I plan on watching some of the brewers and cubs in a few minutes.
Why would they do that if nobody can go to the game. If it's on Sunday night Baseball then ESPN has exclusive rights and it should be broadcasting in Atlanta.

Cranston37

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Best wishes, everyone!
return of the bomba squad
Believe me as a Twins fan I'd be more than happy to retire the whole Bomba Squad thing. The marketing dept has kind of overdone it with that - but they're currently up 9-0 in the 3rd so it's probably gonna stick around ;)

Why would they do that if nobody can go to the game. If it's on Sunday night Baseball then ESPN has exclusive rights and it should be broadcasting in Atlanta.
The only thing I can think of is we will have a game blacked out on ESPN if one airs on our local ABC affiliate (both Disney owned). I couldn't tell you the reason but it does happen...

Last edited:
Reactions: Osato

Osato

Senior HTF Member
agreed. The ESPN opening Yankees game on Thursday were blacked out in certain cities. New York and Washington.

Braves and Mets blacked out here in Atlanta.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
It was fun while it lasted.

This development wasn't surprising because there are people still not taking this virus seriously enough. People need to protect themselves and some of us aren't doing that which causes others to be infected too.

I suspect they will continue to play and the players need to take more responsibility by policing themselves for PPE and social distancing which means no sit down restaurants, strip clubs or any other entertainment venue.

Reactions: Jeffrey D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Notwithstanding the future of the 2020 season, I put my money where my mouth is and canceled my long-standing subscription to MLB.TV.

I made sure to tell the rep who helped me all my reasons for not being interested in following baseball any longer. And I implored her to pass those reasons on to those who should know.

Reactions: Jack P

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
As has been speculated in newspapers if players in a non contact sport like baseball have problems staying healthy what chance does the NFL have in having a season where the players remain Covid19 free.

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Notwithstanding the future of the 2020 season, I put my money where my mouth is and canceled my long-standing subscription to MLB.TV.

I made sure to tell the rep who helped me all my reasons for not being interested in following baseball any longer. And I implored her to pass those reasons on to those who should know.
Yes I feel the same way- not only about baseball, but all sports right now (I canceled the NFL Sunday Ticket).

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerani53