Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Count on it.
Not only will the nickname be gone, the fans will be asked to do away with the tomahawk chop too. That won’t go over well with some of the long-time Braves fans- they’ll likely alter the chop by extending one finger from their hand while they’re chopping.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I think you all are taking the piss with me. Yes, I remember the Crackers (and the Black Crackers), but in no way is that better than Braves.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I wonder if the Mets will have to change their name too.

Maybe it will help them win more games.

Having a new billionaire owner who seems willing to spend (much much more than the Wilpons) will probably help...

And now, they'll have Lindor and Cookie to spend some of that $$$...

_Man_

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I'll never forget how Tommy Lasorda reacted when an injured Kirk Gibson hit the game-winning home run to win Game 1 of the '88 World Series.
Also, when the underdog US team, made up of mainly college players, beat the heavily favored Cuban team at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney to win the Gold.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Wow, the Mets need to fire their new GM today!

Not quite the same, but the Padres OTOH are on fire and definitely trying hard to push the Dodgers, et al for the pennant for these next couple years or so (and possibly more)...

At least the Mets did acquire both Lindor and Carrasco earlier w/out losing all that much (they couldn't actually spare anyway). Now, they just have to make sure to sign Lindor long term...

EDIT: Oooh... My bad... I didn't see the news that actually triggered this until just now...

_Man_

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Wow, the Mets need to fire their new GM today!
Agree. This is a horrible look for Porter and the Mets organization. Unbelievable how stupid some people are. It’s being reported that Porter was fired this morning. Happy trails, moron.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks