What's new

2014 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Brady doesn't strike me as a coach. I could see him going the way of Elway though. I spent the day almost giddy. Harbaugh was my favorite player as a kid, he's a great coach and he'll bring toughness back to Michigan Football.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Interesting that Suh won his appeal. Didn't really expect that. Still think Dallas will win.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
DavidJ said:
Brady doesn't strike me as a coach. I could see him going the way of Elway though. I spent the day almost giddy. Harbaugh was my favorite player as a kid, he's a great coach and he'll bring toughness back to Michigan Football.
I'm a little older, but I loved Harbaugh when he played at UofM, too. He was the first of the really good throwing QB's at Michigan, after watching guys like Rick Leach and Dennis Franklin run the option for over a decade. The school could not have made a better hire. This was a great belated Christmas present for all us Wolverines fans.

I'm surprised Suh won his appeal. While the incident was marginal, I thought for sure his reputation would be enough to uphold the suspension. Like Patrick, though, I still think that Dallas wins this game. It's a road game for Stafford and the Lions, which means a loss. Stafford is now 0-16 in his career in road games against teams with a winning record, and the Lions have not won a road playoff game since 1957.

Pittsburgh has signed Ben Tate as insurance at running back. It looks like LeVeon Bell is either not going to play, or will at least be limited. That is really going to hurt the Steelers offense.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Patrick Sun said:
Suh only gets a $70k fine, gets to play this Saturday.
Yep, once again thug behavior gets a slap on the wrist. Then the NFL wonders why its players think it's acceptable to beat their spouses and children.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
My Vikings ended the season on a high note.
7-9 is an imrpovement over 2013 5-10-1.
Bridgewater looks to be the QB the Vikes need.
As for AP. I don't want him back. Coach Zimmer says he wants him.
Plenty of RBs in the 2015 Draft to choose from.

WILD CARD WEEKEND:
Panthers.
Steelers.
Colts.
Cowboys.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Malcolm R said:
Yep, once again thug behavior gets a slap on the wrist. Then the NFL wonders why its players think it's acceptable to beat their spouses and children.
That's because the NFL is only concerned with image, and not morality. In this case, it is in the league's best interest to have Suh on the field for the beginning of the big show -- the playoffs.

If I have not listed enough reasons why the Lions will lose in Dallas this Sunday, here's one more: they are 1-4 this season versus 2014 playoff teams, with all four losses coming on the road (Green Bay, New England, Arizona, Carolina). Their lone victory was early in the season at home vs. the Packers.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
There is one thing in favor of the Lions...they are playing the Cowboys and the boys just don't do well in the playoffs. But perhaps this is the Cowboys break thru year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Leveon Bell's absence shredded the Steelers' offensive potency, and some crazy turnovers did not help, as the Ravens march on with their impressive road playoff record, and will play the Patriots next weekend... not an easy out for the Patriots.

The Cardinals' QB situation finally ended their season, pretty mediocre performance by Lindley.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yes, the Steelers really missed Bell. Not sure if they would have won had he been healthy, but the team struggled to move the ball without him. The Ravens played a fine game defensively. John Harbaugh is a heck of a coach, too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Didn't realize how bad the Cardinals' offense was until they announced their 78 yards of offense was the worst ever for a playoff team. Oy...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Anyone who wants to understand what truly motivated Jim Harbaugh to return to Michigan should read this article, which chronicles his time growing up in Ann Arbor while his father was an assistant coach under Bo. It's a good article, and includes a classic photo of Jim as a Michigan ball boy running onto the field to congratulate his favorite player, Rick Leach, after Leach scored a TD versus Duke.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Strange non-call on that pass interference penalty in the Lions - Cowboys game. I cannot believe they picked up the flag. It was probably the turning point in the game.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Scott Merryfield said:
Strange non-call on that pass interference penalty in the Lions - Cowboys game. I cannot believe they picked up the flag. It was probably the turning point in the game.
They need to explain it. It was bizarre.

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
Lions could still have won the game. They had the lead - not going for it on 4th and shanking the punt killed them.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Jim517 said:
Seeing the Lions lose was great. That scumbag Suh shouldn't have been allowed to play to begin with.
While I was initially surprised by the lifting of the suspension, I saw later that, per NFL rules, once a player has gone 32 games without any disciplinary action his slate is wiped clean. It had been exactly 32 games since Suh's last infraction, so he was considered a first time offender. Under those circumstances, I do not think a suspension was warranted and a fine was sufficient.

Any future disciplinary action will be another team's problem, as Suh is now a free agent and it's extremely unlikely that the Lions will be resigning him. They cannot afford to keep three players with enormous salaries on their roster and build a complete team. If he's resigned, then either Stafford or Calvin Johnson will have to go, and that's not happening.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was somewhat satisfying to see Suh all choked up in the post-game press conference before he slinked away...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks