What's new

2014 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Robert Crawford said:
The Lions center got suspended for one game.
Thanks, Robert. That must be what John was referring to. I have not seen the play, as I was watching the Steelers game on the other channel. However, knowing Raiola, nothing surprises me. He strongly resembles the hind end of a horse.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, he stomped on the back of someone's leg while they were still on the ground after a play. Reminiscent of Suh's temper a few years ago.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Yes, That is what I meant.

I also think Ansah deserved a suspension for his helmet shot on the QB. He is lucky that it was the kid. If he did that to a vet, he'd have gotten a game or so, too.

But, I'd rather they both were playing this week so I can see if the Lions are for real, or if GB still has their number.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Dheiner said:
Yes, That is what I meant.

I also think Ansah deserved a suspension for his helmet shot on the QB. He is lucky that it was the kid. If he did that to a vet, he'd have gotten a game or so, too.

But, I'd rather they both were playing this week so I can see if the Lions are for real, or if GB still has their number.

I can answer that for you now, John. No, the Lions are not for real. They have been struggling to win games with one of the easiest schedules any team could hope for. The only quality opponent they have beaten is the Pack in that early season game in Detroit before Green Bay started playing well. They have been handed three wins by awful fourth quarter play from bad opponents. The offense is terrible, led by the highly overrated and overpaid Matt Stafford -- a QB who has never won a road game against an opponent with a winning record in his entire career. Odell Beckham surely could have helped this offense, but instead they had to select a tight end with bad hands who cannot block or run good routes with their first round pick.

I fully expect the Packers to continue their win streak at home versus the Lions. I think it's at 23 straight years right now.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Mark Booth said:
The Chargers beat the Chiefs and they're in the playoffs! Go Bolts!
Mark
The Chargers will need another of those amazing Philip Rivers 2nd half comebacks if they are to get into the playoffs.

Also, lots more reports that Harbaugh to Michigan is a done deal. Until I see an official announcement, though, I am trying not to get my hopes up too much. We should know by Tuesday.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Ravens are in, and the Chargers are out of the AFC playoffs. Sorry, Johnny and Mark. That leaves just one playoff team to be determined in the NFC, plus some seedings and byes.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Patrick Sun said:
Bye Bye, Mike Smith. The Falcons laid a huge egg this afternoon.
Yes, that was an ugly effort.
Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers added to his legend in Green Bay by returning from injury to lead the Packers to the division title and a first round bye. And the Lions are headed to another road playoff loss, this time in Dallas.

Also, Harbaugh is officially let go by the Niners. Hopefully his next appearance will be in Ann Arbor.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Well, it is now official: Jim Harbaugh is no longer the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. Is it Ann Arbor or bust for the erstwhile Wolverine QB???? Stay tuned.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Scott Merryfield said:
Yes, that was an ugly effort.Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers added to his legend in Green Bay by returning from injury to lead the Packers to the division title and a first round bye. And the Lions are headed to another road playoff loss, this time in Dallas.

Also, Harbaugh is officially let go by the Niners. Hopefully his next appearance will be in Ann Arbor.
And that's how the Lions lost their first playoff game in the merger era: falling to Dallas at he Cotton Bowl, 5-0, in the 1970 NFC Divisional Playoffs.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Scott Merryfield said:
The Chargers will need another of those amazing Philip Rivers 2nd half comebacks if they are to get into the playoffs.Also, lots more reports that Harbaugh to Michigan is a done deal. Until I see an official announcement, though, I am trying not to get my hopes up too much. We should know by Tuesday.
Me too. I've been trying to stay very low key about it, but it's becoming increasingly hard.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Scott Merryfield said:
The Ravens are in, and the Chargers are out of the AFC playoffs. Sorry, Johnny and Mark. That leaves just one playoff team to be determined in the NFC, plus some seedings and byes.
I've had many years to become accustomed to the mediocrity of the charger franchise. They have been and always will be the "allways a bridesmaid, never a bride" franchise. Of course they would all change if they moved out of San Diego.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Steelers appear to have dodged a bullet with Leveon Bell. He was hit on the knee last night in Pittsburgh's win over Cincy and did not return to the game. It looks like the injury is not serious, though. Hopefully he will be available for Saturday's game against the Ravens.

Rex Ryan is out in New York, and Mike Smith gets the axe in Atlanta, too. Others who could possibly fall include Marc Trestman in Chicago and Tony Sparano in Oakland.

I'm picking all four home teams to win this weekend (as long as Bell plays for the Steelers):

Pittsburgh over Baltimore
Indy over Cincy
Dallas over Detroit
Carolina over Arizona

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It's not looking good for Bell to play this Saturday for the Steelers. Reportedly he can barely walk, although there was no damage to his knee -- just a hyper extension. It will be much tougher for Pittsburgh without Bell, as he plays every down in that offense and does everything -- rushes, catches passes, picks up blitzes, etc.

It looks like Harbaugh to Michigan is a done deal. He reportedly signed a contract last night, and the school is holding a noon press conference today to announce him as the new head coach. This is a very happy day for us Wolverines fans, as the last 7 years under RichRod and Hoke have been very difficult. The 49ers stupidity is Ann Arbor's gain.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Now imagine if Harbough is in Michigan long enough that Brady retires, takes time off being a model...and convince Giselle to move...so he can become QB coach...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
schan1269 said:
Now imagine if Harbough is in Michigan long enough that Brady retires, takes time off being a model...and convince Giselle to move...so he can become QB coach...
I don't see Brady coaching at all. I see Brady trying to be part of an ownership group.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Robert Crawford said:
I don't see Brady coaching at all. I see Brady trying to be part of an ownership group.
But, it is Michigan. I can't imagine Brady not wanting to be part of a resurrection of the program.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
schan1269 said:
While that would be amazing, I agree with Robert that I do not see Brady going into coaching. I'm just delighted that the program should be relevant once again.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brady will be a talking head on the NFL shows after he retires. Easier money, less stress.

Suh only gets a $70k fine, gets to play this Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks