What's new

2009 Fall Schedules (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It looks like 'Till Death was listed as comimg back.
so far season two was retiooled from season 1.

will it get retooled again, JB Smoove probably won't be on the show this time.

Rocky F

Second Unit
ABC, CW and Fox have announced season premiere dates, if anybody's interested:

ABC books fall premieres: 'Grey's' cliffhanger ends Sept. 24 - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Here's the rundown (all times Eastern):
Sunday, Aug. 9
9 p.m. "Shark Tank"
Tuesday, Aug. 25
8 p.m. "Shark Tank" (regular time period)
Saturday, Sept. 5
8 p.m. "Saturday Night College Football" (Alabama vs. Virginia Tech)
Friday, Sept. 11
10 p.m. "20/20"
Monday, Sept. 21
8 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars"
10 p.m. "Castle"
Tuesday, Sept. 22
8 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars" (performance show; one time only)
10 p.m. "The Forgotten"
Wednesday, Sept. 23
8 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars" results show
9 p.m. "Modern Family"
9:30 p.m. "Cougar Town"
Thursday, Sept. 24
8 p.m. "Flash Forward"
9 p.m. "Grey's Anatomy"
Sunday, Sept. 27
7 p.m. "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (two hours)
9 p.m. "Desperate Housewives"
Tuesday, Sept. 29
9 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars" results (regular time period)
Wednesday, Sept. 30
8 p.m. "Hank"
8:30 p.m. "The Middle"
Sunday, Oct. 4
7 p.m. "America's Funniest Home Videos"
Friday, Oct. 9
8 p.m. "Ugly Betty" (two hours)
Friday, Oct. 16
8 p.m. "Supernanny"

Fox announces fall premiere dates--The Live Feed

Here are Fox's fall premiere dates:

Saturday, Sept. 12
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT COPS (Season Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT COPS (All-New Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT AMERICA’S MOST WANTED (Season Premiere)

Wednesday, Sept. 16
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT GLEE (Series Premiere)

Thursday, Sept. 17
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT BONES (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT FRINGE (Season Premiere)

Friday, Sept. 18
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT BROTHERS (Series Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT ‘TIL DEATH (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT DOLLHOUSE (Season Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 21
8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT HOUSE (2-Hour Season Premiere)

Sunday, Sept. 27
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT THE SIMPSONS (Season Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT THE CLEVELAND SHOW (Series Premiere)
9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT FAMILY GUY (Season Premiere)
9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT AMERICAN DAD (Season Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 28
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT HOUSE (All-New Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT LIE TO ME (Season Premiere)

Tuesday, Sept. 29
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT HELL’S KITCHEN (All-New Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (Time Period Premiere)

Tuesday, Oct. 27
8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (Time Period Premiere)

Saturday, Nov. 7
11:00 PM-Midnight ET/PT THE WANDA SYKES SHOW (wt) (Series Premiere)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryId=14&cs=1

'Melrose,' '90210' to kick off Sept. 8
CW announces fall premiere schedule
By CYNTHIA LITTLETON

The CW will kick off its fall campaign on Sept. 8 with the sophomore year of "90210" and the bow of "Melrose Place."
Net has also decided to flop the time slots of its Monday dramas, which will send "Gossip Girl" to the 9 p.m. hour.

It's the second year in a row that "90210" is the centerpiece of the net's fall launch campaign, and CW is hoping that anticipation will be high for the remodeled "Melrose." CW is getting a jumpstart on its competish by launching the week of Sept. 8, but it won't be quite as quick out of the gate as last year, when the net's fall sked launched on Labor Day.

The rollout continues Sept. 9 with the two-hour preem of "America's Next Top Model," followed Sept. 10 by the preem of "Vampire Diaries" and return of "Supernatural."

The Monday slate returns on Sept. 14, though the "Gossip Girl"-"One Tree Hill" slot swap will take effect July 6 with repeat segs. The regular Wednesday slate of "Top Model" and newbie drama "A Beautiful Life" arrives on Sept. 16.

CW's Friday lineup of "Smallville" and "Top Model" repeat will not materialize until Sept. 25. On Friday Sept. 11 and Sept. 18, the net plans to run repeats of its new dramas.

CW will also rerun segs of its new series on Sundays through Sept. 27, when it formally returns five hours of program time to its affiliate stations. CW confirmed last month that it is bowing out of Sunday programming in an effort to strengthen its overall primetime perf (Daily Variety, May 5).

CW also confirmed to its affiliate stations this month that it will give back one hour of its two-hour Monday-Friday daytime block as of the 2010-11 season. At present it programs the 3-5 p.m. block with yakker "The Tyra Banks Show," one original and one repeat seg. As of 2010-11, it will return the 4-5 p.m. hour to affiliates.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Buried in the CW premiere date article I posted is the first change from the announced schedules. Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill are switching places.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Updated (and still not watching either)
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Kudos for fox for doing all their premieres close to the same time. I hate that ABC paces their sked over 2 months..

GG flip will impact my DVRs

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

I hear you, I have family too and DVR EVERYTHING but live sports events or concerts I want to watch. Even then, there are fewer shows I find myself watching, but so far my list for Network TV 2009/10 is:

NCIS
NCIS Spin-Off (forget the name)
Chuck
Smallville
Fringe
Football

I watch little new TV anymore but love older box sets and recording to the DVR good sitcoms that would never be made today like Newhart, Cheers, Frasier, etc. But with other entertainment, many people are spending most their time on computers and video games too so its not surprising TV is in the dumps and getting worse every year.

Like you said, too much else to do, especially if you have family.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I don't know why but it just doesn't feel official until I post my list here! LOL! Monday seems to be my biggest tv night, but two of the shows on FAM I will record and watch on other days.

MONDAY
08:00 - CBS - How I Met Your Mother
09:30 - CBS - The Big Bang Theory
08:00 - FAM - Secret Life of the American Teenager
09:00 - FAM - Make it or Break it

TUESDAY
08:00 - NBC - The Biggest Loser

WEDNESDAY
9:00 - FOX - Glee

THURSDAY
08:00 - CBS - Survivor
08:00 - CW - The Vampire Diaries

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Mondays at 8 are the worst - we watch House, Heroes and Big Bang Theory, one of those will have to go or be caught on reruns.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.

Ah - yep - looks like How I Met Your Mother at 8, so same problem. I'm glad nobody in the house watches Dancing w/ the Stars.

Rocky F

Second Unit
CBS lays out a tight fall premiere schedule
By Rick Porter | June 24, 2009 1:46 PM

CBS will take the concept of "premiere week" very seriously this fall, launching nearly its entire lineup the week of Sept. 21.
The only outliers on the Eye's launch schedule are "Survivor: Samoa," which will debut Thursday, Sept. 17, and the new medical drama "Three Rivers," with star Alex O'Loughlin, which will premiere Sunday, Oct. 4. The rest of the schedule, including three other new shows and the CBS premiere of "Medium," will all roll out the week after the Emmy Awards (which CBS is broadcasting this year).
The compact premiere schedule is pretty much par for the course with CBS, which hasn't messed much with the way it rolls out its shows in the past few years.
Highlights among the premieres include a reshuffled comedy lineup on Monday, Sept. 21 that has "How I Met Your Mother" at 8 p.m. and "The Big Bang Theory" at 9:30; the premiere of "NCIS: Los Angeles" following its parent show on Tuesday, Sept. 22; and "The Mentalist" settling into its Thursday-night home after "CSI" on Sept. 24.
"The Amazing Race" will get a two-hour premiere on Sunday, Sept. 27, which accounts for the delay in the "Three Rivers" premiere.
Here's the full rundown (all times Eastern):

Thursday, Sept. 17
8 p.m. "Survivor: Samoa"

Monday, Sept. 21
8 p.m. "How I Met Your Mother"
8:30 p.m. "Accidentally on Purpose"
9 p.m. "Two and a Half Men"
9:30 p.m. "The Big Bang Theory"
10 p.m. "CSI: Miami"

Tuesday, Sept. 22
8 p.m. "NCIS"
9 p.m. "NCIS: Los Angeles"
10 p.m. "The Good Wife"

Wednesday, Sept. 23
8 p.m. "The New Adventures of Old Christine"
8:30 p.m. "Gary Unmarried"
9 p.m. "Criminal Minds"
10 p.m. "CSI: NY"

Thursday, Sept. 24
9 p.m. "CSI"
10 p.m. "The Mentalist"

Friday, Sept. 25
8 p.m. "Ghost Whisperer"
9 p.m. "Medium"
10 p.m. "Numb3rs"

Saturday, Sept. 26
10 p.m. "48 Hours Mystery"

Sunday, Sept. 27
7 p.m. "60 Minutes"
8 p.m. "The Amazing Race" (two hours)
10 p.m. "Cold Case"

Sunday, Oct. 4
9 p.m. "Three Rivers"

CBS lays out a tight fall premiere schedule - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Rocky F

Second Unit
NBC spreads out its fall premieres
By Rick Porter | June 25, 2009 12:18 PM

NBC had already announced that "The Jay Leno Show" would premiere a week before the official start of the 2009-10 TV season. The network will take its time rolling out the rest of the fall schedule, though.
Leno's prime-time show will premiere Monday, Sept. 14 and run every weeknight at 10 ET. Two other nights of programming -- "The Biggest Loser" on Tuesdays and the Thursday comedy block -- will also debut that week, while the Monday, Wednesday and Friday shows will join them the week of Sept. 21, when Nielsen starts counting ratings for 2009-10.
The Thursday schedule will include, for three weeks, another round of "Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday" at 8 p.m., followed by "Parks and Recreation," "The Office" and newcomer "Community." The latter show will shift to 8 o'clock on Oct. 8 to make room for an hour-long "Office." Emmy winner "30 Rock" will join the party late again, debuting its fourth season on Oct. 15.
Also of note: "Heroes" will have a two-hour premiere on Monday, Sept. 21, which will push the debut of "Trauma" to Sept. 28. "Saturday Night Live" will kick off its season on Sept. 26.

The full rundown (all times Eastern):
Sunday, Sept. 13
7 p.m. "Football Night in America"
8:15 p.m. "Sunday Night Football" (Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers)

Monday, Sept. 14
10 p.m. "The Jay Leno Show" (airs every weeknight)

Tuesday, Sept. 15
8 p.m. "The Biggest Loser"

Thursday, Sept. 17
8 p.m. "Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday"
8:30 p.m. "Parks and Recreation"
9 p.m. "The Office"
9:30 p.m. "Community"

Monday, Sept. 21
8 p.m. "Heroes" (two hours) >>

Wednesday, Sept. 23
8 p.m. "Parenthood"
9 p.m. "Law & Order: SVU"

Friday, Sept. 25
8 p.m. "Law & Order"
9 p.m. "Southland"

Saturday, Sept. 26
8 p.m. "Dateline NBC"
11:30 p.m. "Saturday Night Live"

Monday, Sept. 28
9 p.m. "Trauma"

Thursday, Oct. 8
8 p.m. "Community" (new time period)

Thursday, Oct. 15
9:30 p.m. "30 Rock"

NBC spreads out its fall premieres - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
At least NBC's opening the night with SNL Thursdays, so I don't have to tune in until 8:30. Killing that half hour was a pain when it was in the middle of the Thursday lineup.

Rocky F

Second Unit
[COLOR= rgb(225, 0, 14)]Maura Tierney illness delays 'Parenthood'[/COLOR][SIZE= 12px]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i4c5798b5271bede4610baaa4891c67d8[/SIZE]

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It seems like shows I'm following are becoming fewer and fewer. I'm not really complaining, since there's only so much time, but it's an interesting development.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I'm sure this will be useful for some people other than myself. Since I upgraded to Windows 7, I have to reenter my series recordings, and it works best to do so when they're currently in the guide (aka within two weeks from the data).

So, basically this year I actually need to pay attention to premiere dates again, and found this:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/fall-tv-preview/zap-fall-tv-premieres,0,6596605.htmlstory

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
Of the new shows this fall only V, Flash Foward and Trauma catch my interest. Who knows what will develop. Network tv is becoming and less and less interesting to me. Too many reality shows. Oh, I might catch Leno at 10 pm depending on his guests.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I am interested in V, Vampire Diaries and Eastwick. Will be watching Supernatural and Smallville. That is it. Glad I have plenty os series on dvd.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Yes, TV on DVD is great. The dreck to good stuff ratio on broadcast is much worse than it used to be, but since I have no control over that, why complain? I'll just not tune in.

As for what's on broadcast that I'll watch: Law & Order (not SVU or CI), NCIS and (most nights) Leno.

Silver lining: it leaves lots of time to do something useful!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks