What's new

2009 Fall Schedules (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
ABC has posted their schedule, and, wow. For all the flak NBC and Fox catch, it seems like ABC does the biggest slash-and-burn of anybody. That more-or-less entirely untested Tuesday and Wednesday night looks like it could all crash together (although getting some crime in Tuesday at 10pm where NBC is losing SVU isn't a bad idea).

Rocky F

Second Unit

Well, you're absolutely correct, of course.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I was just referring to how the practice affected me personally (the irony is that I work in TV advertising.)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Fridays....dammit!

Three shows (Ugly Betty, Dollhouse and Southland) I watch and now they'll all be on at the same time. Bastards!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Updated the post.

Didn't NBC try and fail with a Parenthood series 20 years ago? And the Trauma / Mercy thing confuses me; if Trauma is a success, does Mercy get dropped or cut back, or does NBC just load up a lot of their schedule with medical dramas when they don't have that much schedule to spare? That's also not a very deep bench if Leno is a spectacular failure (as much as NBC may not worry about that because it's cheap, if it starts cutting into the affiliates' newcasts, they'll be calling for the programming department's heads).

The two-hour blocks of unscripted programming popping up all over the schedule are driving me nuts, too. I've got no problem with most of the shows - the ones that have survived generally have a specific appeal and are done well - but even at one hour, they often seem so air-filled that they can be watched in twenty minutes off the DVR; do these extra-long versions really have two hours of content?

Rocky F

Second Unit

Agree on all points. Parenthood didn't work as a sitcom, why do they think it will work as a drama? Oh wait, I know the answer: "Brothers and Sisters." It does have an impressive looking cast though.

I'm also suprised NBC is scheduling two medical dramas, but I'm more interested to see the competition between NBC's Trauma and CBS's Miami Trauma.

And yeah, so many two-hour reality shows are too much, especially Biggest Loser, when that means it'll just be it and Leno on Tuesdays. For a show that's all about trimming the fat, don't they see they could lose a little on the show itself.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I would have been super-pissed at this, had Chuck been cancelled. But since it's returning, it won't bother me too much!

I can understand NBC getting one medical drama, in hopes to replace ER, but two news ones is a bit of overkill (just like at ABC), not to mention a gamble.

And thanks goodness for Hulu, which will solve some of the bottlenecks for me.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
So far, only Monday's bugging me - I don't like House and Heroes on at the same time. We'll see how things shape up when CBS and CW post their schedules over the next couple of days.

For all the flak Fox has traditionally caught, they really seem to have the least stupid schedule so far. CBS, I figure, will be another case of not fixing what's not broken, as it seems to be every year, and I'm pretty close to past caring about CW.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

CSI is a rock, so that'll most likely never move out of 9PM Thursdays.

Thursdays for me used to be complicated like yours and I ultimately stopped watching My Name Is Earl because of it, but my stuff has been shuffled in and out of there quite a bit. I wanted to catch up on Earl on DVD, and now it's canceled.

I have small hopes for Eleventh Hour, since that was a supposed success but there's been no definitive word yet. Doesn't look like it'll be coming back.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the same boat as Travis re: Thursdays.

I'll have to:

Record Fringe and Supernatural on dual tuner Tivo.
Record CSI to DVD-Ram
Watch 30 Rock live via HD-tuner.

4 shows in a block is just crazy.

Mondays will be similar with the CBS comedies, House, and Heroes/Chuck all occupying a block.

- Walter.

Rocky F

Second Unit

In a similar position, fortunately I've dropped CSI, making room for Fringe. Still no room for Supernatural though, even though I like the show, it's going to have to remain a DVD series for us.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Grid view for the first three networks. ABC SUNDAYMONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAY7:00 PMAFV 8:00 PMExtreme Makeover: Home EditionDancing with the Stars [Performance]The BachelorShark TankHankFlash ForwardSupernannySaturday Night College Football The Middle9:00 PMDesperate HousewivesDancing with the Stars [Results]ScrubsModern FamilyGrey's AnatomyUgly Betty Better Off TedCougar Town10:00 PMBrothers & SistersCastleThe ForgottonEastwickPrivate Practice20/20 FOX SUNDAYMONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAY7:00 PMNFL Post-Game Show Aerica Dad 8:00PMThe SimpsonsHouse, M.D.So You Think You Can Dance? [Performance]American IdolSo You Think You Can Dance? [Results]American IdolBonesBrothersCops The Clevelnd ShowSons of Tucson'Til DeathCops9:00 PMFamily GuyLie to Me24Human Target/Past LifeGleeFringeDollhouseAmerica's Most Wanted American DadThe Cleveland Show NBC SUNDAYMONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAY7:00 PMFootball Night in America 8:00 PMHeroesChuckThe Biggest LoserThe Biggest LoserParenthoodMercySNL Weekend Update ThursdayCommunityLaw & OrderDateline NBCThe Marriage Ref Sunday Night Football Parks & Recreation9:00 PMCelebrity ApprenticeTraumaDay OneLaw & Order: SVUThe OfficeSouthlandTrama [Second Showing] 100 QuestionsCommunit30 Rock10:00 PM The Jay Leno ShowThe Jay Leno ShowThe Jay Leno ShowThe Jay Leno ShowThe Jay Leno ShowLaw & Order: SVU [Second Showing] CBS SUNDAYMONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAY7:00 PM60 Minutes 8:00 PMThe Amazing RaceHow I Met Your MotherNCISThe New Adventures of Old ChristineSurvivorGhost WhispererCrimetime Saturday Accidentally On PurposeGary Unmarried9:00 PMThree RiversTwo and a Half MenNCIS: Los AngelesCriminal MindsCSI: Crime Scene InvestigationMediumCrimetime Saturday The Big Bang Theory10:00 PMCold CaseCSI: MiamiThe Good WifeCSI: NYThe MentalistNumb3rs48 Hours Mystery
New DramRturning DramaNew ComedyReturning ComedyNew Reality/News/VarietyReturning Reality/NewsSports

Rocky F

Second Unit
^^Wow, colorful!
Thanks for that, you might want to revise your abbreviation of Fox though, FX is a totally different network.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
But FX airs basically all of FOX's sitcoms from the 90s and 00s so it's not a totally different network - it's FOX Lite.

Besides, I'm not sure if FX was an abbreviation as much as it was a typo, just like "SUNDY" and "SNDAY." I'm curious to see the 4th different spelling of Sunday we'll get when we get the next grid.

:D

Rocky F

Second Unit
Yep, absolutely nothing new for the upfronts, network execs and late-night talent always skewer their own networks at the upfront presentations. Nikki Finke over at Nikki Finke’s Deadline Hollywood Daily has a write up about it as well.

Now where's CBS's line-up? I was expecting it to be up somewhere by now, I wonder if they put off there press release in order to finalize "Medium" plans.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, I think CBS is holding back until they ink something with Medium.. I have a feeling Medium/Ghost Whisperer will be their Friday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks