What's new

Your Go-To Comfort Food (1 Viewer)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yeah, after years of the Super Space Theater movie versions, the WPIX 1999 runs late at night were amazing. And watching the first season that late was actually creepy! Some episodes really dipped into horror.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, after years of the Super Space Theater movie versions, the WPIX 1999 runs late at night were amazing. And watching the first season that late was actually creepy! Some episodes really dipped into horror.

I also remember how bad some of WPIX's 16mm prints of that show were bad, also. A couple years after seeing it on the dish, I later acquired a VHS copy of the WPIX late-night showing of "End of Eternity." Some of the scenes in that were shockingly dirty, but watching a really dirty, rough-looking film print after midnight in a pitch-dark room, it can look a lot spookier than watching a pristine, dirt-free print.

I only got to see a couple of the Year One episodes during that WPIX run. Most of what I got to see was Year Two. I probably didn't get to watch it much, sinct it was on after midnight and (apart from Friday) on school nights.

It wasn't until I got my first VCR, an after-school job, and exposure to the 'tape trading' scene that I finally got to see the whole 48-episode run (we're talking 1986-1987).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Excellent topic, Gary!

Good to see you back round these parts, Gary! Fun question, and there's no doubt that we could all use some "comfort food" TV these days.

Thanks guys. That was my point. We need some comfort food, and I love many of the choices made.

Gary "anything that relaxes me and puts me in a good mood works as comfort food TVonDVD" O.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
My choices kind of ebb and flow. Since 2016, I've been doing the Dark Shadows "50 years ago today" schedule, so every weeknight ends for me with an episode. I've also been working my way thru Gunsmoke and the original Dallas. Just about any sitcom will also do.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Pretty much cheesy 80's sitcoms do it for me. Specifically Gimme A Break and Mr Belvedere.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Watching the 7th season of Petticoat Junction on ME TV recently has pushed that one higher up on the list as well. I had forgotten how much that show had started to swing back up in that final season.

Gary "it's such a shame we'll never have those last four seasons remastered and complete on DVD" O.

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
Sort of ironic since it deals with crime, which is not calming, but either original Law & Order and/or Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

I can immerse myself in the fake crimes knowing - at least on CI - the bad guys will get what they deserve, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks