What's new

More good news for that poor mountaineer and the Clampett clan! (1 Viewer)

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
I asked before and no one responded so I'll try again. Are they uncut and in the proper aspect ratio?
All episodes are in their proper 4:3 ratio. From what I've seen, nearly every episode seems to be uncut, running approximately 25 minutes each. Some S08 and S09 episodes even include a preview for the next week's episode at the end. I've only seen one episode sourced from a syndication master, S09 E22, running 22:36.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Where do you get an inkling that Paramount (CBS home video is defunct) is going to put out an archival titles any more? Have they done any since 2020 when CBS home video folded?
Probably not for DVD as you said but they have been reissuing Shows on Blu Ray as complete series that were released on DVD. So since they have remastered the rest of the series I am hoping they do this for this show.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
All episodes are in their proper 4:3 ratio. From what I've seen, nearly every episode seems to be uncut, running approximately 25 minutes each. Some S08 and S09 episodes even include a preview for the next week's episode at the end. I've only seen one episode sourced from a syndication master, S09 E22, running 22:36.
That one is available uncut on the Columbia House VHS set, so it's not a huge biggie. I noticed when watching it the other evening that one has the 90's Viacom syndication, so I started watching closely and that was the only one I noticed. I'm glad to see confirmation that nothing else is uncut. Between these episodes, the already released DVD sets, and what's on the Columbia House set, I'm fairly close to complete now. Another perk of the VHS set is "Jethro Goes to College" has no music replacement unlike the DVD. I'm sure it's possible for someone with technical know-how to take the DVD video and pair it with the VHS audio in a seamless transition. Also, as you and I have discussed before, there are 16mm prints that crop up from time to time, so piecing together the series is possible now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks