What's new

Yamaha RX-A870 stuck in Straight mode, Party Mode and DSP not working (1 Viewer)

ymreceiver

Auditioning
Real Name
Ladan
Hi! I am having a problem with my Yamaha receiver being stuck in Straight mode, and not being able to change the DSP Program. I also can't use Party Mode.

Things I have tried :

- resetting the receiver
- updating firmware (which was stuck for like minutes so never updated)
- Google searching the problem for a solution

I do not know how and why all this suddenly happened. It has been some time now. I don't know what to do.

😭

Has anyone had this issue with this particular receiver?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The first thing to try with this kind of problem is to disconnect the power for at least overnight.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hi John. Do you mean to turn it off and unplug overnight?
Yes. Turn it off and unplug it. At least 24 hours is even better. You want to let the power stored to completely dissipate. It solves a surprising number of problems like this.

ymreceiver

Auditioning
Real Name
Ladan
Yes. Turn it off and unplug it. At least 24 hours is even better. You want to let the power stored to completely dissipate. It solves a surprising number of problems like this.
Ok, I will try this tonight, and will get back to you on it tomo. Thank you.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
I've seen quite a few Yamaha's have weird issues when they don't fully complete an update. Leave the receiver on and then unplug it. This will force it to do a hard reload and will complete the update if that is the issue.

ymreceiver

Auditioning
Real Name
Ladan
Hey guys, it's alright. I actually found the issue last night before doing what John suggested. It turned out that the output setting is the problem. Party Mode is now working. All I need to do is check the output setting for the DSP Program, and change that.

ymreceiver

Auditioning
Real Name
Ladan
Another update : Checked settings from xfinity's menu in the audio section. The settings weren't correct in there, so I gave it a tweak, and now it's all good. Thanks everyone for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks