What's new

"Xbox, Meet GTA. GTA, this is Xox." (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I've already got the PC versions...
GTA has and always will be a PC game to me (although the Dreamcast version of GTA2 is superior to every other version in my books ;) )

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
You have no idea how much I would be pissed off if GTA becomes Xbox only! :angry:

I bet that it won't happen, because Take 2 knows that releasing it on PS2 is money in the bank, and they don't want to give that up.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I have to applaud Rockstar for finding a way to re-sell GTA to the masses
Gotta bump up that life cycle curve. It will be interesting to see how well this title sells on Xbox. As suggested above I'll wait and see what kind of price point is being offered before I pick it up.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
You've got nothing to worry about, Tony...read Brian's remarks three posts up... :)

(Personally I think that would have been a hilarious turn of events, but about as likely as Halo 2 being a Gamecube exclusive.)

Edit: Jay, Gamespot reported pricing at $40 for the PS2 and $50 for the Xbox.

Edit again: I need to type quicker... :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
$49.99 for Xbox, $39.99 for PS2, according to GameSpot.

You have no idea how much I would be pissed off if GTA becomes Xbox only!
You have no idea how much I find your statement amusing because of statements made on here in the past about Rockstar pissing off Xbox owners with it being PS2 exclusive.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Any word on XBox specific enhancements upgrades? I've currently got both on the PS2 but if there's enough enhancements( Custom soundtracks PLEASE!) I'd upgrade.
Well the list of PS2 exclusives that I want gets smaller again(MGS3 is the only one I can think of off the top of my head).

Peter_A

Second Unit
Bah. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt...last year.

Let me know when GTA 5 comes out and you'll have my attention. In the mean time I'm waiting for Manhunt.

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
I don't own a PS2. Hell, I have a Gamecube and XBOX and I simply don't have time to play all the games I want to. And with GTA on XBOX, I have no reason to own a PS2. Does anyone?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
And with GTA on XBOX, I have no reason to own a PS2. Does anyone?
[Time to get my old sig out of retirement]

Yadda, yadda, yadda, Manhunt, yadda, yadda, next GTA, yadda, yadda, GT4, yadda, yadda, Madden Online, yadda, yadda, Bombastic, yadda, yadda, Ape Escape 2, yadda, yadda, Virtua Fighter 4, yadda, yadda, bollocks about 40 million PS2 owners being wrong.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I am not a big fan of GTA. It is a very well designed game, and can understand why it got lots of accolades. But I just find the game to get boring after a certain ammt of time. That is just my opinion. I know some people think that GTA is the best thing since sliced bread. My belief is that in 5 years, not many people will remember it because the level of things you can do in a game will be the same in everything. It is the fact that you can kill wantonly and senselessly in this, and the naughty factor that makes this game so appealing to the mass audiences. This is just my opinion though.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about things. But never should we resort to senseless attacks on someone just for the opinions and beliefs. This whole console bashing thing is kinda getting old. I understand loyalty to one system, but attacking someone for just saying his peace about why he doesnt like a system is just wrong and silly in my opinion.
Cant we all just act like grown ups on here?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about things. But never should we resort to senseless attacks on someone just for the opinions and beliefs.
Keith said, and I quote: "I have no reason to own a PS2. Does anyone?"

If someone posts utter trolling rubbish like that, they should expect unhappy responses in return. He's made big broad sweeping generlisations before, got called on it, and is doing it again. The PS2 is far from "dead" just because GTA3 is now on the Xbox - it has a ton of other exclusives that people lap up. They may not be to Keith's taste, and that's fine (although strange considering the size of the PS2 catalogue), but it's poor form to speak for what, 40 or 50 million people just because he can't find anything to play.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I hate this console bashing shit.

You guys are all like the Piss on Chevy, and Ford stickers. dumb.

Now lets be happy and celebrate.......

Ill start the party:D

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I hate this console bashing shit.
I agree. If you can't get all the consoles, then make your choice and be happy with it! I don't understand why people feel the need to justify their choice by pissing on the other consoles.

Ok, now, back to the topic at hand.

I will get it if they do some upgrades, but other then that, I can't justify getting the exact same games in a green case! However, my friends who don't have a PS2 will be happy!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I have the PS2 versions & love 'em. I'll happily buy the new Xbox set and replay them both in higher resolution. Actually, I'll probably play GTAIII a heckuva lot and just give Vice City a cursory glance. :)

-Dave

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I made my decision for XBox a year ago simply because most games I play are cross-platform and I wanted the hard drive. I hate, hate, hate memory cards (past experiences, don't get me started).

I don't play driving sims so GT3 was no biggie, and I'm not a Tekken fan. However GTA was one PS2 exclusive I was interested in, but not enough to plop down $300 for the console, extra controller and game. So count me as one of the XBox owners who did not own this game previously and will be buying it (along with two friends who are in the same boat). So this move to bring GTA and GTA:VC to XBox will have a target audience, though clearly it won't sell as well as it did on PS2.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
As I mentioned to another member, it is one thing to not like a console but another thing to suggest that those who do are in the wrong. Keep such opinions to yourselves rather than flame in a thread

Thankyou

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
I don't own a PS2. Hell, I have a Gamecube and XBOX and I simply don't have time to play all the games I want to. And with GTA on XBOX, I have no reason to own a PS2. Does anyone?
Sorry, (above)I was being honest and facetious at the same time, which gets me in trouble. Obviously people have reason to own their PS2s. I was just being playful with my "Does anyone?" statement. I thought it was appropriately playful given how this thread was degenerating.

But seriously, if you own either a PS2+Gamecube or XBOX+GameCube, I can't imagine you have time to play all the good games. If I owned a 3rd console, in my case a PS2, it would be a waste of money because I wouldn't get my money's worth out of all three consoles.

So given that GTA was the only game that almost got me to breakdown and buy a PS2, I think all but my "Does Anyone?" comment was appropriate. But the personal attacks are always welcome Brian. Bring em on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks