What's new

Blu-ray Review X-Men: First Class Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Matt's review is not distorting your country's history. I think you're being overly sensitive.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Originally Posted by dpippel

Matt's review is not distorting your country's history. I think you're being overly sensitive.

Sorry, but I'm forced to take a side on this one. Mr. Przedzienkowski's request was proper. There is so much dis and mis-information out there regarding who did or did not do what during WWII, that we need clarity at all times. Far too many people have no idea what they're talking about. The facts are simple. It was the Nazi regime that built and operated camps, which BTW did exist, on Polish soil. This was not the Polish people.

Clarity, clarity, clarity. Please. Matt had no problem making the correction.

And, IMHO, Mr. Przedzienkowski is absolutely not being overly sensitive.

I've met far too many people, especially in my youth, who had numbers on their arms, and far too many people today who will argue that this never happened.

RAH

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I didn't say that I thought his request was improper, just that he was being overly sensitive. In my opinion of course, which apparently differs from yours. This review covers a film that makes it quite clear who is operating the camp in question, and I'll end my comments here on that note.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Patrick H.

Kitty Pride was played by three different actors of jarringly different ages across the original trilogy, for instance

How do you figure? All three actors were born between 1985 and 1987. Yes, that meant KP Actor 1 was 14, KP Actor 2 was 18 and KP Actor 2 was 19, but did the movies make any claims that the characters weren't supposed to age at all? It's not like the first was 14 and the second was 20 and the third was 25...

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Originally Posted by dpippel

I didn't say that I thought his request was improper, just that he was being overly sensitive. In my opinion of course, which apparently differs from yours. This review covers a film that makes it quite clear who is operating the camp in question, and I'll end my comments here on that note.

You said you're ending it, and I don't intend to continue this particular discussion in this thread.

I just wish to add that his remarks don't prove any overly sensitive state of mind to me. The subject is indeed still 'sensitive' here in Europe, and his points were not trivial nor could be felt as such, IMO.

Cees

Emti

Auditioning
Real Name
Malgorzata
Thank you - Robert Harris and Cees Alons! I am very glad we shared the same view. I very much appreciate your help in getting this right. I did not mean the say Matt is distorting Polish history, but I just do care about precise wording when talking about history. In fact, more people read blogs and on-line movie reviews than historical books. Thank you again for your support and have a great day!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks